The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the Zimmerman case devided so sharply along partisan lines? With only a very few exceptions the lefties here believe GZ is guilty and the conservatives wait until the trial is over. I couldn't understand why, since GZ isn't white, the lefties were so ready to string him up.

Moments ago, it hit me.

It's only partially about race. True, if TM was white or hispanic, no one would care, but race isn't the real reason they want GZ to fry. It's guns.

GZ defended himself with a gun and a black man is dead. They cannot stand the thought that GZ might have legally used a gun to defend himself. It's about guns, and self-defense and even Stand-Your-Ground.

If GZ is convicted, they can use this case to revive their efforts to take away our rights and that is THE issue.

The left never ever cares about right and wrong, they only care about winning.

Sarah, do you really think Zimmerman won't be acquitted?

I think they have to give him some time simply because he killed the kid and there is some reasonable doubt. How much? Depends on how the jury is taking all the testimony.

LOL

Sarie just acknowledged reasonable doubt.

She just doesn't grasp that this means GZ should be acquitted.

NONE of the people calling for GZ's head, and I mean none, have even the slightest clue about how the justice system works. Least of all Sarah. No surprise to me.

Sarah, do you really think Zimmerman won't be acquitted?

I think they have to give him some time simply because he killed the kid and there is some reasonable doubt. How much? Depends on how the jury is taking all the testimony.

LOL

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn’t self defense. Maybe I'm not saying it right but I don't claim to be a lawyer like some people who are on her everyday.

If GZ was Black and TM was White, the only thing conservatives would be arguing is whether GZ should get the death penalty or not.

Shows how wrong you are. GZ was justified in using self defense regardless of what race TM was. The only way that would change is if TM wasn't attacking him.

LOL

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn’t self defense. Maybe I'm not saying it right but I don't claim to be a lawyer like some people who are on her everyday.

And the comedy writes itself!

Why is the Zimmerman case devided so sharply along partisan lines? With only a very few exceptions the lefties here believe GZ is guilty and the conservatives wait until the trial is over. I couldn't understand why, since GZ isn't white, the lefties were so ready to string him up.

Moments ago, it hit me.

It's only partially about race. True, if TM was white or hispanic, no one would care, but race isn't the real reason they want GZ to fry. It's guns.

GZ defended himself with a gun and a black man is dead. They cannot stand the thought that GZ might have legally used a gun to defend himself. It's about guns, and self-defense and even Stand-Your-Ground.

If GZ is convicted, they can use this case to revive their efforts to take away our rights and that is THE issue.

The left never ever cares about right and wrong, they only care about winning.

The question is, do they believe Martin deserved to die because he was black? Because they certainly are convinced he deserved to die and they believed that waaaaaaaaay before the trial started.

It is sort of about politics.

Conservatives feel that we should get rid of police and arm the citizens. Sorta like the wild west.

Fastest gun wins.

And Liberals? Not so much.

Diversions, diversions. It doesn't cancel out this guy's terrible testimony and zero objections by the Defense.

For those with comprehension problems...

I never said the use of the word in that context was incorrect, just that I'd never heard it used in that context before. Prior to this thread, I'd only ever heard the word used in the grammatical context. When it comes to references to people, it's far more common to use the words parent, grandparents, great grandparents and/or ancestors.

Just an observation, mildly humorous to perhaps only me.

I didn't mean to kick sand in all your vaginas, that was just a bonus. :lol:

You didn't kick sand in anything; we're just trying to help you improve your vocabulary. It is, actually, quite common to use the term antecedents for ancestors. I am surprised you hadn't heard it in that context. You know, when this kind of thing happens to me, I wryly respond: 'You learn something knew everyday.' And you do. There's nothing wrong with not knowing something; it is a problem when you feel that people are giving you a hard time when they are just telling you about something you didn't know. I didn't attack you for not knowing: I just provided the definitions for the word. Why get your knickers in a twist over a definition?

If GZ was Black and TM was White, the only thing conservatives would be arguing is whether GZ should get the death penalty or not.

Not true. We'd still wait until the trial was over. We'd let the justice system determine it. The problem with your childish and failed "gotcha" is that you are speculating and we are actually watching you lefties do exactly that.

Yeah, that's probably it. :thup:

an·te·ced·ent
adjective
1. preceding; prior: an antecedent event.
noun
2. a preceding circumstance, event, object, style, phenomenon, etc.
3. antecedents.
a. ancestors.
b. the history, events, characteristics, etc., of one's earlier life: Little is known about his birth and antecedents.

Love how you respond to someone about your use of the word "antecedent" but don't respond to the post showing that Zimmerman's antecedents include people of color despite your claim to the contrary. :thup:

Because I don't believe that is a picture of Zimmerman's ancestors. His life is on the line in this trial. His parents can provide a picture and say those are his ancestors, doesn't mean they are. Even if they were, he lives and thinks like a white man, like a Caucasion. He profiled Martin, no doubt about it. He thought he was killing a black teenage ganster, no doubt about that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back