The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zimmerman didn't pull his gun when he got sucker punched
Zimmerman didn't pull his gun when he was knocked down
Zimmerman didn't pull his gun when Martin sat on top of him
Zimmerman didn't pull his gun when Martin was pummeling him
Zimmerman didn't pull his gun when his head was being slammed into the concrete
Zimmerman didn't pull his gun when he screamed for help, "But none came"
Zimmerman didn't pull his gun when he saw someone turn and walk away
Zimmerman did pull his gun and shot Martin after he thought Martin was going for his gun.

:clap2:This! You have to ask yourself why a person in possession of overwhelming force took the beating that he did. All of the physical and forensic evidence corroborates his story. There is no evil here. Two people had an encounter, one of them, Martin, went physical and the other defended himself, legally, with deadly force. It's tragic but had Martin not died, he would have been the criminal. He initiated the violence.

Oh brother, now Travon is a man in closing arguments :eusa_liar:

He just lied about the testimony . " Just tell my wife I killed him ". Liar liar

Last edited:
At any rate, I want this judge investigated for her conduct towards the defense. I mean come on.

Sadly, she isn't atypical of judges in the United States. I've been lucky to have pretty good judges to work with, but I've had to deal with judges who shouldn't be anywhere near the bench. One judge I know is the nicest guy off the bench, but when he gets up there he is absolutely crazy with his rulings.

'We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion." (D&C 121:39)

So basically, we throw judicial ethics out of the window?

Nope. Im all for judicial ethics. Im just stating that it's alot more widespread than you might realize.

Sadly, she isn't atypical of judges in the United States. I've been lucky to have pretty good judges to work with, but I've had to deal with judges who shouldn't be anywhere near the bench. One judge I know is the nicest guy off the bench, but when he gets up there he is absolutely crazy with his rulings.

'We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion." (D&C 121:39)

So basically, we throw judicial ethics out of the window?

Nope. Im all for judicial ethics. Im just stating that it's alot more widespread than you might realize.

Is there a reason why nobody is doing anything about it?

Florida defines murder in the second degree as:

The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree . . .

Florida’s standard jury instruction for murder 2 notes that:

An act is “imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind” if it is an act or series of acts that:

a person of ordinary judgment would know is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another, and
is done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent, and
is of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life.
-- words of Andrew Branca found at Getting to Murder 2: Finding George Zimmerman?s ?Depraved Mind?

Then look at "manslaughter." Law of Self Defense ? FL 782.07 Manslaughter

"Culpable negligence." That's the key element of "manslaughter."

It's a really BIG problem for the prosecution because if the jury agrees that the intentional acts of pulling out the gun and firing it at the person (TM) was "justified," then it is NOT "negligence" of any stripe or flavor.

Judge Nelson whittled down manslaughter even further this morning. An instruction for voluntary manslaughter (by act) will be given, but not for involuntary (culpable negligence). I'm aware you know the distinction; I just put the proceeding in parentheses to clarify for others.

Thanks. I was sitting in court all morning with my thumb up my ass [proverbially speaking, that is, :D ] and had missed that decision by the judge.

FL. Statute 782.07 (in every subdivision) uses the term "culpable negligence." But it LOOKS like under subdivision 1, an "act" need not be a negligent act.

So, since GZ admitted the act of shooting the gun (intentionally) at TM, but said it was "justified" under the circumstances, IF the jury accepts that he DID the deed but rejects the claim of justification, they COULD find him guilty of the lesser crime.

However, if they say he's not guilty of murder because the shooting was justified, that determination of "justification" should logically and legally apply to the manslaughter as well. If justified at all, then it should be a COMPLETE defense.

A smart jury will quickly acquit.

Stalking is never charged when there's someone arrested for murder. Stalking is something that would be charged by itself when there's no killing.

I'll admit that saying he was stalking is a little bit of a stretch, but since no one has come up with a better word to describe it, I use it. He was ALMOST stalking, so close to it as to be indecipherable. Well you get the idea.

It was almost stalking. It was kind of like stalking. I can call it stalking if I want to and you can't stop me, nyah nyah.
You're a psycho knob muffin.

I'm a psycho because I never fully agreed it was pure stalking? :badgrin:

That shows I have values.

I use the word "stalking" because like many who believe GZ is guilty, I'm sure, use it because it's expedient to do so and just merely to say he followed is terribly lacking. He followed with a gun, which is begging for a disaster, like just what happened. Furthermore, he knew very well that there was a very high chance of a confrontation to occur, when he followed someone. You'd have to be a moron to think there wouldn't be.

BTW Muffin is the name of my dog. Don't abuse it faggot.

You use it because being honest about what happened destroys your narrative and attempt to malign the man.

Words mean something. When you use words to convey something different than what actually happened, you're lying.

Want to see what a total lack of remorse looks like?

This phucker's expression hasn't changed in two weeks. Not once.

Stone cold killer.

ap_george_zimmerman_dm_130607_wg.jpg

george_zimmerman-620x412.jpg

george-zimmerman-suit-and-tie.jpg

Bernie's nervous. He should be. His case fell apart under his direction.

He should be ashamed of himself. He sounds like a jerk and is speaking to this jury like they're a bunch of idiots who haven't been paying attention. So condescending. Jerk.

:asshole:

How many people have no problem living next to a "child killer"?

Regardless of the controversy, George Zimmerman killed what the law considers a "child". I suspect George will probably walk.

How many of his supporters would want him to actually live next door?

What if you have teenage children? Would you have any concern that he might kill one of them? If not, why not?

If he shot and killed Martin, what would keep him from doing the same to someone else's child?

If he did, would you still support him?

Nuhuh! AL just wishes it was part of Pensacola. :tongue:

testarosa said:
Here comes the other homey

I don't care if it's in Alabama, Florida, or Montana...I want some Old Bay Steamer in Ft. Walton right now because of you all!

I don't care if it's in Alabama, Florida, or Montana...I want some Old Bay Steamer in Ft. Walton right now because of y'all

There I fixed it.

All the rednecks live in Florida that's we're having this trial don't all y'all know?

Dat beez "creepyazz redneck crackah"

Do I have to fix everything around here?

Except he wasnt stalking Trayvon. There is a reason stalking wasn't charged. There is absolutely zero evidence to support a stalking charge.

Stalking is never charged when there's someone arrested for murder. Stalking is something that would be charged by itself when there's no killing.

I'll admit that saying he was stalking is a little bit of a stretch, but since no one has come up with a better word to describe it, I use it. He was ALMOST stalking, so close to it as to be indecipherable. Well you get the idea.

To be stalking, the activity would have to be done repeatedly. That's why Zimmerman was not charged with stalking.

Has anyone in any of these discussions said he should be charged with stalking? I've read well over 30,000 posts on it, and I'm very sure no one ever has. There is a legal definition of stalking and a normal definition. There's a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back