The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the state is more concern about blacks rioting then preserving our justice system tells me a lot. Tells me that justice is one sided within the minds of many blacks. :( They're the ones that haven't grew out of their racism the past 60 years.

I'm gonna put Bernie on my Christmas card list...

logo.jpg

GZ is the one with the MMA training.

LOL

GZ's mancard was thoroughly ripped away from his soft hands.

That ship sailed around the world and came back to port.

This is Bozo so take it with a grain or a cup:

Jose Baez ‏@BaezLaw 5m
A juror nodded yes when asked if they felt Zimmerman was innocent!

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 1m
“@BaezLaw: A juror nodded yes when asked if they felt Zimmerman was innocent!” Didn't see it, but of course he is unless/until proven guilty

Joan Baez--I have that one. 'The Night that Burnt Ol Dixie Down'. I like her voice--I cannot help myself. I had no idea of her politics.

What will happen to that juror--replaced?

Let me pose a few questions.

If Zimmerman gets off or is acquitted (depending on your point of view), would Black people be justified in "fearing for their lives" when they're out walking at night? And based on that fear, would they be able to mount a successful stand your ground self-defense case if and when a rash of lone black or Hispanic youths killed a white man?

And would conservatives defend them? Maybe that's the real question when all is said and done.

A life changing experience.

I found ABBA--Dancing Queen--looking for Neil Diamond. Long live the silver ball--yes, I did that--glad that I did it. Rarely thought of important issues.

You get jury duty often, don't you? :D

lol. Too corrupt.

I believe in the power of the silver ball. There is a Kroger that was once next to a famous Atlanta disco. Disco Kroger--they have the silver ball preserved. Those were the days my friend, those were the days. No regrets.

Bell bottoms and 'Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog'--I will find all of my priceless CD's. 'Peace Train'---Cat Stevens. I have quite a collection. :)

On the 30th, dig out the Beatles "When I'm 64" in my honor, OK?

Jose Baez ‏@BaezLaw 5m

“@BaezLaw: A juror nodded yes when asked if they felt Zimmerman was innocent!” Didn't see it, but of course he is unless/until proven guilty

Joan Baez--I have that one. 'The Night that Burnt Ol Dixie Down'. I like her voice--I cannot help myself. I had no idea of her politics.

:lol:

Jose the liar lawyer

Everything he did was legal and if I am walking through a strange neighborhood at night I accept the possibility that someone might question my presence.

Many people would interpret being approached at night in a desolate and isolated spot as an attempt to assault them or worse.

Stalking is repeated following or harassing. Can't be accomplished in one night. Shut the hell up about stalking.

How do we know he hadn't done that with many people but was lucky enough not to have a confrontation or police involvement? That would be repeated behavior and be stalking. Just because it is with different people doesn't prevent it from being stalking.

He couldn't be legally charged with stalking. How do we know he had done that with many people but was lucky enough not to have a confrontation or police involvement? You just assumed something, and according to prosecutor of the state of Florida you just committed an act of force against GZ.

If you could prove he WASN'T stalking then yes.

Wait...

You can't! LOL

Is it the bias I have developed watching this trial or is the Prosecution really being unlovable and unattractive in this closing argument? I am being strongly unconvinced by his argument and somewhat put off by his demeanor.

He's not trying to be attractive. He's describing a killing.

Most people vote for the tallest guy with the best hair.

Bernie is fucked, then.

Jose Baez ‏@BaezLaw 5m

No those guys are in the courtroom observing the jurors.

grain of salt.

I know that, but wasn't there quite a bit of time between that call and the fight? All I'm saying is there is no evidence disproving Zimmerman's testimony that he was indeed walking back to his truck.

Do you believe that if you're attacked you have the right to defend yourself? Let's say someone is bashing your head into the ground does that give you a right to use "deadly" force(gun, knife, etc) in order to save your own life.

I don’t think this is a really valid question. EVERYONE thinks they have a right to protect themselves. Well, almost everyone, there are always exceptions.

The crux of this issue is, as usual, guns. As this is a clear reference to the Zimmerman trial, the left generally believes that guns are a blight and unnecessary. When someone uses a weapon to kill another, the automatic assumption is that person is guilty. They shot and killed another person that was not armed. In this case, there is more to that because it was not like it was in Z’s home but it was out on the street. This is also strengthened by a belief that the police are there to protect you and that they are capable of doing a decent job at that. I think that the general opposition to things like castle laws stem from those beliefs. You don’t need to go around shooting people, the cops will handle the criminals and even the bad guys do not deserve death sentences for burglary.

[*]Now, some on the left may have some problems with that, fine. I am not stating that ALL people on the left are like that and if you feel that is generally wrong then correct me BUT I think that this is the general feeling here.

The right is the exact opposite. They see weapons as integral to being able to protect yourself from others that not only might be armed but could also be bigger or a better fighter. They don’t really see a weapon as a problem. Most people on the right also don’t see the police as a force that protects them but rather as a cleanup crew. As the ever popular saying goes; when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. This, as on the other side, means conservatives generally support things like castle laws as most conservatives feel that they are responsible for protecting ‘their own.’

Same * as above applies there though as well.

Is it the bias I have developed watching this trial or is the Prosecution really being unlovable and unattractive in this closing argument? I am being strongly unconvinced by his argument and somewhat put off by his demeanor.

He's not trying to be attractive. He's describing a killing.

Most people vote for the tallest guy with the best hair.

Bernie is fucked, then.

OBJECTION! Fuck them.

Jose Baez ‏@BaezLaw 5m

Jose the liar lawyer

I know. This is my form of civil disobedience.

Woodstock. 70's --non violence. We tried if nothing else can be said for the Boomers.

ABBA is now singing 'SOS'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back