The ONE issue with which I fully agree with Trump...

You need a constitution amendment . And that wouldn't change shit .

Better to focus on amendment getting money out of politics.

True.......but unfortunately that would mean "forcing" media outlets to provide equal and free access to all candidates.

It is fairly obvious that voters CAN be convinced to vote against their own best interests, but forcing politicians to do the same is a tough nut to crack.

We need strict term limits for sure. Congress was never meant to be a career and the country suffers greatly for it

If you agree with me, I'll have to check out if the sun will rise to the west tomorrow.

Tack on a 5 year ban on lobbying for any departing politician and you have a start.

Your idea is unenforcable. Define lobbying? THINK

Simple. No contact with current occupants of the position you held. So if you were a Senator, you cannot go near current senators.
meh. you can't take away someone's ability to contact their reps.

but i think it'd be pretty easy to say that getting paid to lobby is a pretty clear line

It's a very specific limit. If you want to be able to lobby, don't hold office.
but you can't tell a citizen they can't contact their own rep.

You're never getting money out of politics. The more power has, the more people with money on both sides will work to control that power. Grow up

Tack on a 5 year ban on lobbying for any departing politician and you have a start.

Your idea is unenforcable. Define lobbying? THINK

Simple. No contact with current occupants of the position you held. So if you were a Senator, you cannot go near current senators.
meh. you can't take away someone's ability to contact their reps.

but i think it'd be pretty easy to say that getting paid to lobby is a pretty clear line

It's a very specific limit. If you want to be able to lobby, don't hold office.
but you can't tell a citizen they can't contact their own rep.

I think you can exclude someone who has held office as a condition of their office, and its only for 5 years. We are talking about an extremely limited subset here.

Again, I would limit it to the office held. So senators couldn't interact with senators, but could with representatives.

You're never getting money out of politics. The more power has, the more people with money on both sides will work to control that power. Grow up

it's an impossible goal, and the only result would be to keep SOME money out, namely money spent against the cause celebre.

Grow up?

You think term limits would change anything ? That's nieve.

Grow up?

You think term limits would change anything ? That's naive .

I never said it would fix everything, but would it change anything? Hell yeah. Right now hacks on both sides take the safe path to preserve their seats forever instead of being willing to stand on principles

Grow up?

I never said it would fix everything, but would it change anything? Hell yeah. Right now hacks on both sides take the safe path to preserve their seats forever instead of being willing to stand on principles

That's a product of gerrymandering. One hack leaves, his clone replaces him .

Grow up?

That's a product of gerrymandering. One hack leaves, his clone replaces him .

Single cause fallacy

Forum List

Back