🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Only Way To Deal With A Situation Like Orlando

We see it every time a Muslim murders innocent people in this country...the left goes into a panick because they have to make up excuses as to why the killer wasn't really a Muslim and didn't yell allahu archbar before he started killing people....
Settle down, Judy. I meant: you're in a crowd at a bar, or maybe n your classroom. A maniac carrying an AR-15, the weapon of choice for mass shootings because it gets the job done fast. TheOP suggests everyone rush the shooter. Now is when we consider panic. Are humans predisposed to rush into a hail of bullets to rake down the shooter? Let's live in a bit of reality and take the possibility of panic into the equation.

Remember, we are dealing with humans here, the same species that will rush the gates at soccer matches and rock concerts ans subsequently trample each other to death.

Just can't get the concept of training people on how to react, can ya? It's the same as teaching scuba divers not to panic if something goes wrong under water, which is the natural instinct. Properly trained people don't panic, they have been programed to react. It's really not that hard, it just takes the commitment.
Idiot.

SCUBA divers, sky divers, Matadors, race car drivers. Risky avocations. These folks ARE trained to deal with panic.

A family going to the movies. Not so risky.

How about eliminating the big risk and get those damnable weapons off the streets.

It's funny, but gun nuts want to train people to face bullets calmly rather than give up those phallic power weapons.

Idiots.

BTW, I took my first scuba class at age 11, I was a year too young to be certified at that time, but I did pass the course. That was way back in 1962, they still had the dual hose regulators, like they used on Sea Hunt.
And I have 68 minutes of free fall time.

Loved Sae Hunt!

Only fools jump out of perfectly good airplanes. Give me a hundred feet under water any day. So I guess you should understand the concept of what the proper training can accomplish.

Settle down, Judy. I meant: you're in a crowd at a bar, or maybe n your classroom. A maniac carrying an AR-15, the weapon of choice for mass shootings because it gets the job done fast. TheOP suggests everyone rush the shooter. Now is when we consider panic. Are humans predisposed to rush into a hail of bullets to rake down the shooter? Let's live in a bit of reality and take the possibility of panic into the equation.

Remember, we are dealing with humans here, the same species that will rush the gates at soccer matches and rock concerts ans subsequently trample each other to death.

Just can't get the concept of training people on how to react, can ya? It's the same as teaching scuba divers not to panic if something goes wrong under water, which is the natural instinct. Properly trained people don't panic, they have been programed to react. It's really not that hard, it just takes the commitment.
Idiot.

SCUBA divers, sky divers, Matadors, race car drivers. Risky avocations. These folks ARE trained to deal with panic.

How about eliminating the big risk and get those damnable weapons off the streets.

It's funny, but gun nuts want to train people to face bullets calmly rather than give up those phallic power weapons.

Idiots.

BTW, I took my first scuba class at age 11, I was a year too young to be certified at that time, but I did pass the course. That was way back in 1962, they still had the dual hose regulators, like they used on Sea Hunt.

Loved Sae Hunt!

Only fools jump out of perfectly good airplanes. Give me a hundred feet under water any day. So I guess you should understand the concept of what the proper training can accomplish.
The one and only way to amass over an hour of free fall is to take an airplane ride.

Idiot.

Idiots.

Loved Sae Hunt!

The one and only way to amass over an hour of free fall is to take an airplane ride.

Oh I like airplane rides, even played pilot a time or two with my brother, but I'll take it to the landing thank you.

Idiot.

Idiots.

Loved Sae Hunt!

Oh I like airplane rides, even played pilot a time or two with my brother, but I'll take it to the landing thank you.
Sissy

I agree with the OP but I think after a few times having success limiting the carnage those out to kill would just switch to (or stick with) explosives.

Loved Sae Hunt!

Sissy

Now no need to get pissy lol, how far have you been under water?

I agree with the OP but I think after a few times having success limiting the carnage those out to kill would just switch to (or stick with) explosives.

Maybe, but the more likely scenario would be bring more bad guys, but my method would work against a couple of them, if they aren't highly trained.

Loved Sae Hunt!

Sissy

Ten feet, at the bottom of the pool at the Y.

How far have you fallen before you deployed a canopy? Me, it's 11,500 feet.

Sissy

I don't play with cans of pee, but I've been down 180' in my advanced course. The best views are usually found between 10' and 60', although there's a lot to see in Cozumel at 100', water has near clear air visibility.

Sissy

I don't play with cans of pee, but I've been down 180' in my advanced course. The best views are usually found between 10' and 60', although there's a lot to see in Cozumel at 100', water has near clear air visibility.
The best jumps are cutting through a cumulus cloud deck at 5,000'

It's like falling in a light bulb and busting out into the clear.

Sissy

The best jumps are cutting through a cumulus cloud deck at 5,000'

It's like falling in a light bulb and busting out into the clear.

Had a boss back in the 70's that did a lot of jumping, did a lot of relative work. He was an instructor until he watched a students chute streamer, the guy deployed his reserve 3 times before it caught and walked away. Pat never took another student, I told him he should have been proud that the guy kept his head and did what needed to be done and without the right training that wouldn't have happened.

That's all fine and dandy to say from behind the computer screen, but being there, your primal instinct is either to run for your life, or completely freeze. It takes initiative, life experience, or high training to pounce on a terrorist unarmed.
And there really is no sound reason for it when the potential for more armed citizens exists.

Each time there is a mass shooting incident the media reports a rise in gun purchases. Unfortunately the rise is not high enough. More Americans need to realize their streets, their stores, their theaters and their nightclubs are no longer safe from an emerging terror and violent crime threat and begin demanding CCW permits.

This may sound counter intuitive but the only way to save lives when a gunman opens fire in a crowd is for the crowd to collapse on them and take them down and never give them a chance to reload. No shooter would get off more than a few rounds if people were taught to respond in this manner.

You thoughts?
I've thought about that, and certainly immediately collapsing in on the guy would bring these kinds of things to a fairly quick end.

But then I ask myself if I would be able to instantly summon the courage to do that myself.

I'd like to think so, but....

We're human, and this ain't a movie.

I agree, that's why I said people would have to be taught to do it.

I agree but the people in that club were concerned with saving their own lives.

If there had been a few military men or women it might have been a different story.

Most people aren't willing to put themselves at risk at all.

This may sound counter intuitive but the only way to save lives when a gunman opens fire in a crowd is for the crowd to collapse on them and take them down and never give them a chance to reload. No shooter would get off more than a few rounds if people were taught to respond in this manner.

You thoughts?
I've thought about that, and certainly immediately collapsing in on the guy would bring these kinds of things to a fairly quick end.

But then I ask myself if I would be able to instantly summon the courage to do that myself.

I'd like to think so, but....

We're human, and this ain't a movie.

I agree, that's why I said people would have to be taught to do it.

I agree but the people in that club were concerned with saving their own lives.

If there had been a few military men or women it might have been a different story.

Most people aren't willing to put themselves at risk at all.

Yet we are getting stories of people who put themselves between the gunman and others, I think is more not knowing what to do to really protect people they cared about. It is natural to try to protect people you care about, just ask any parent.

Forum List

Back