🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Only Way To Deal With A Situation Like Orlando

Given proper military training...

... it might be possible, but...

.. you willin' to be the first to go unarmed...

... up against an AR-15?

If the crowd collapses on the shooter, the few hurried shots he gets off will be less accurate and he can't protect his back and flanks, I'm not saying single individuals should try to take them head on. If 40 rushed him at the same time from all angles he would be down in seconds. If you run, you just give them a clear field of fire where they can take time to aim.

Good luck convincing and coordinating all those people in a matter of seconds, and be prepared to be the first guy in and the first guy dead.

1. The first guy is already most likely dead. 2. The coordination would have already been accomplished by everyone having the same training. 3. A couple of folks might get shot taking him down, but it won't be a hundred or more, you understand that, right?

Give it up, it's unrealistic to think you are going to institute a training program for over 300,000,000 people whereby enough of them will be committed to rush a shooter when they find themselves in that situation. And at what cost, how are you going to fund it? As I said, in theory it would work, but it is wholly impractical.

... up against an AR-15?

If the crowd collapses on the shooter, the few hurried shots he gets off will be less accurate and he can't protect his back and flanks, I'm not saying single individuals should try to take them head on. If 40 rushed him at the same time from all angles he would be down in seconds. If you run, you just give them a clear field of fire where they can take time to aim.

Good luck convincing and coordinating all those people in a matter of seconds, and be prepared to be the first guy in and the first guy dead.

1. The first guy is already most likely dead. 2. The coordination would have already been accomplished by everyone having the same training. 3. A couple of folks might get shot taking him down, but it won't be a hundred or more, you understand that, right?

Give it up, it's unrealistic to think you are going to institute a training program for over 300,000,000 people whereby enough of them will be committed to rush a shooter when they find themselves in that situation. And at what cost, how are you going to fund it? As I said, in theory it would work, but it is wholly impractical.

You do it in schools, the cost would be minimal. What's the alternative?

Do you really think parents would want their kids enrolled in counter-terrorist training?

While in theory it might be a good idea...

... that would go over like a lead balloon.

Do you really think parents would want their kids enrolled in counter-terrorist training?

While in theory it might be a good idea...

... that would go over like a lead balloon.

Do you really think parents wouldn't want their children to learn how to survive and possibly save other lives in an active shooter situation? I don't think you give parents enough credit.

Obviously you haven't been reading the newspapers...

... with stories of 'don't give a crap' parents...

... whose out of control kids run the streets at night...

... settin' fires, breakin' into houses, sellin' drugs, etc...

... who only see their kids...

... when they come to bail `em outta jail.

This may sound counter intuitive but the only way to save lives when a gunman opens fire in a crowd is for the crowd to collapse on them and take them down and never give them a chance to reload. No shooter would get off more than a few rounds if people were taught to respond in this manner.

You thoughts?

It's a gay bar. This was the softest of all soft targets. Maybe the grade school at Sandy Hook was softer but not by much.

How many gay bars are there in the U S? 10,000? This lone wolf had a lot of choices and drove a long way to find one that offered no resistance.

There is no way to prevent this kind of attack. It is futile to think it possible. The terrorist made the most out of his suicide attack. Nobody in that kind of a situation is going to choose to take on the AR 15 unarmed especially the gay people. Even trained people will think twice before going after that kind of force with no weapons.

I think maybe the best way to save lives in a place like that club would be an alarm system and/or an alert DJ with a microphone that could turn off ALL of the music in the whole building and yell out instructions backed up with the door person having the same capability.

Also it wouldn't hurt to have many clear and accessible marked exists so the patrons and staff have somewhere to go immediately to get safely away from the gunman.

Well so much for being the land of the free and the home of the brave. I guess everyone should just follow your advice, just stand still and get shot. Maybe you should call your dear leader and tell him to have ISIS to come on in, America has been officially pussified and there will be no resistance.

Where in my post did I suggest "just standing there"? Clearing the building asap is the only reasonable approach for unarmed people to minimize damage. An immediate loud and clear warning could help as many in the Gay Bar were confused and didn't have any direction given as to where the threat was. We are all just spit balling possible ways to have reduced the carnage but we were not there. That includes you.

Of course people are too stupid, according to you regressives, to protect themselves and take the initiative away from the shooter. What a poor pathetic person you must be. I'm advocating training people form middle school on up to do exactly that and save lives, not run and likely be shot in the back. If even 10 people had charged him while throwing anything they could get their hands on to disrupt him, he could have been taken down with minimal injuries and deaths in seconds. People just have to be taught the technique.

How did you get to be so stupid? Is it in the water in Texas? Maybe your state government is adding drugs to your water supply to keep you dumbed down. Aside from some Virginia hillbillys and Colombians I've met Texans are by far the most willfully ignorant a-holes in the USA.

Allow me to repeat you moron...I've NEVER voted democrat. Period. Comprehende'

You are not going to train all Americans to deal with terrorist attacks. That is an impossible nightmare scenario. You are mentally unstable..not unlike the shooter. Your reaction to his insanity is more insanity from you. Get a grip.

This may sound counter intuitive but the only way to save lives when a gunman opens fire in a crowd is for the crowd to collapse on them and take them down and never give them a chance to reload. No shooter would get off more than a few rounds if people were taught to respond in this manner.

You thoughts?

It's a gay bar. This was the softest of all soft targets. Maybe the grade school at Sandy Hook was softer but not by much.

How many gay bars are there in the U S? 10,000? This lone wolf had a lot of choices and drove a long way to find one that offered no resistance.

There is no way to prevent this kind of attack. It is futile to think it possible. The terrorist made the most out of his suicide attack. Nobody in that kind of a situation is going to choose to take on the AR 15 unarmed especially the gay people. Even trained people will think twice before going after that kind of force with no weapons.

I think maybe the best way to save lives in a place like that club would be an alarm system and/or an alert DJ with a microphone that could turn off ALL of the music in the whole building and yell out instructions backed up with the door person having the same capability.

Also it wouldn't hurt to have many clear and accessible marked exists so the patrons and staff have somewhere to go immediately to get safely away from the gunman.

Well so much for being the land of the free and the home of the brave. I guess everyone should just follow your advice, just stand still and get shot. Maybe you should call your dear leader and tell him to have ISIS to come on in, America has been officially pussified and there will be no resistance.

Where in my post did I suggest "just standing there"? Clearing the building asap is the only reasonable approach for unarmed people to minimize damage. An immediate loud and clear warning could help as many in the Gay Bar were confused and didn't have any direction given as to where the threat was. We are all just spit balling possible ways to have reduced the carnage but we were not there. That includes you.

Of course people are too stupid, according to you regressives, to protect themselves and take the initiative away from the shooter. What a poor pathetic person you must be. I'm advocating training people form middle school on up to do exactly that and save lives, not run and likely be shot in the back. If even 10 people had charged him while throwing anything they could get their hands on to disrupt him, he could have been taken down with minimal injuries and deaths in seconds. People just have to be taught the technique.

How did you get to be so stupid? Is it in the water in Texas? Maybe your state government is adding drugs to your water supply to keep you dumbed down. Aside from some Virginia hillbillys and Colombians I've met Texans are by far the most willfully ignorant a-holes in the USA.

You are not going to train all Americans to deal with terrorist attacks. That is an impossible nightmare scenario. You are mentally unstable..not unlike the shooter. Your reaction to his insanity is more insanity from you. Get a grip.

Well, unlike you, I can prove the concept is doable and will work as intended. Will a few get hurt, yep, but not 100+. So feel free to talk shit, sit back and do nothing.

Well, unlike you, I can prove the concept is doable and will work as intended. Will a few get hurt, yep, but not 100+. So feel free to talk shit, sit back and do nothing.

I react to danger almost every day and night Sparky. It's my job. Been doing it for 6 and a half years. I haven't run from a threat EVER. Once in while I have to call the police for backup, but that is rare. Not very many people could do this job day in and day out. Talk shit to some other body Sport.

I react to danger almost every day and night Sparky. It's my job. Been doing it for 6 and a half years. I haven't run from a threat EVER. Once in while I have to call the police for backup, but that is rare. Not very many people could do this job day in and day out. Talk shit to some other body Sport.

LMAO, what kind of job works you day and night? Come on Sport enlighten us.

Been under contract to protect a large piece of property with several buildings in one of Seattle's most dangerous areas. My contract specifies I do my job 24/7. Those are the fact Jack!

Been under contract to protect a large piece of property with several buildings in one of Seattle's most dangerous areas. My contract specifies I do my job 24/7. Those are the fact Jack!

Oh, a security guard, kewl, I would have guessed a convenience store clerk. What kind of military experience do you have? BTW your working your lonely security job bears no resemblance to what went down in that club.

Ok, you keep thinking that, I'm telling you what will work to minimize causalities 100% of the time.
And you're not wrong. It would minimize casualties. So would actually arming the victims, since they'd be able to gun down the lowlife as soon as he enters the building and raises his gun.

Just seeing someone raising a gun in a crowd doesn't justify shooting them, it could be an undercover cop seeing something you don't. You obviously haven't had much training.

Another thing people aren't considering in this particular situation when they said more guns would have helped is that it was obviously a very crowded club. I'm not sure a bunch of untrained people shooting across the club would have made the situation much better. How do you even tell who the bad guy is at that point?

I've mentioned this kind of scenario many many times.
Also gun shooting at university........... Just imagine untrained students running around with guns ............ How would you know who is the bad guy or good guys?

And this has happened.....the guys not shooting innocent people are the good guys, the guys shooting innocent people are the bad guys......

Again...students at a university would be 21 years old in order to carry a gun.....hardly an 18 year old with a gun is it?

Nah........ It will be chaotic and massive confusions. How do you even know who is the bad guy or good guy? If a student is shooting....... How do I know he is shooting at the bad guy? If i ran into one of this students shooting. guarantee you I will grab him and take his/her gun away. How many 21 or 22 yo students do you think are trained and behave like you? Have you seen these kids behave and wild at parties?

... up against an AR-15?

It's not a fire drill. Whatever dude. I'm done talking about. Good luck with it.

It's not a fire drill. Whatever dude. I'm done talking about. Good luck with it.

Like a former boss told me one time, don't piss on an idea unless you have a better one. I take it you have no alternative.

Like a former boss told me one time, don't piss on an idea unless you have a better one. I take it you have no alternative.

Let responsible people carry a gun. Cheaper, easier and more effective. There, now you can clean up the piss.

Let responsible people carry a gun. Cheaper, easier and more effective. There, now you can clean up the piss.

Well ya only need 49 more States to change their laws to allow carry in clubs, piece of cake right?

Oh, a security guard, kewl, I would have guessed a convenience store clerk. What kind of military experience do you have? BTW your working your lonely security job bears no resemblance to what went down in that club.

99% of the time I agree. I have been shot at twice since taking on this job and my life threatened more times than I can remember..North of 100. I'm not a rent a cop. I was asked to do this "favor" by a wealthy friend that was about to lose his 5 million dollar investment property to the city. My efforts reversed that proceeding. I use my own devices to deal with whatever comes along. It also helps that I have two non fixed pit bulls to assist in what I do. Plus the buildings are surrounded by chain link fence which is a good first line of defense as it ensures whatever happens will be on my terms. Over the years the fence has been breached several times, mostly to find a place to do illegal activities but a couple of times in an attempt to rob me or worse. Obviously I have prevailed in countless confrontations. I have no formal training other than some "interesting" experiences along the way working with/for and against some very dangerous people.

I'm not suggesting what I do is anywhere near the equivalent of what went down at the Pulse. I do think a lot about what to do "if" this or "that" happens to stay prepared. I'm not one that runs away from trouble.

In 2009 this property had 160 police responses. The city found that untenable and moved to confiscate the land and buildings. They were going to use it for SWAT training. The dumb ass SWAT police came at me in the early morning hours TWICE in the first couple of months I was here. They knew I was officially in charge but came at me anyway to make some kind of statement. I laughed at them and they left mad as hell. You've never got woken up at 3AM like you do with a dozen dudes in ski masks and full body armor and big automatic weapons pounding on your door threatening to break it down. Hello!!! To say the least this has been an "interesting" gig.

But as you said...it has never been like what happened in Orlando.

Last edited:

99% of the time I agree. I have been shot at twice since taking on this job and my life threatened more times than I can remember..North of 100. I'm not a rent a cop. I was asked to do this "favor" by a wealthy friend that was about to lose his 5 million dollar investment property to the city. My efforts reversed that proceeding. I use my own devices to deal with whatever comes along. It also helps that I have two non fixed pit bulls to assist in what I do. Plus the buildings are surrounded by chain link fence which is a good first line of defense as it ensures whatever happens will be on my terms. Over the years the fence has been breached several times, mostly to find a place to do illegal activities but a couple of times in an attempt to rob me or worse. Obviously I have prevailed in countless confrontations. I have no formal training other than some "interesting" experiences along the way working with/for and against some very dangerous people.

I'm not suggesting what I do is anywhere near the equivalent of what went down at the Pulse. I do think a lot about what to do "if" this or "that" happens to stay prepared. I'm not one that runs away from trouble.

In 2009 this property had 160 police responses. The city found that untenable and moved to confiscate the land and buildings. They were going to use it for SWAT training. The dumb ass SWAT police came at me in the early morning hours TWICE in the first couple of months I was here. They knew I was officially in charge but came at me anyway to make some kind of statement. I laughed at them and they left mad as hell. You've never got woken up at 3AM like you do with a dozen dudes in ski masks and full body armor and big automatic weapons pounding on your door threatening to break it down. Hello!!! To say the least this has been an "interesting" gig.

Sounds like a bitch of a job, I hope he at least pays well. Do you have any automated security like cameras and motion detection? Another question, why is he holding on to that white elephant?

Sounds like a bitch of a job, I hope he at least pays well. Do you have any automated security like cameras and motion detection? Another question, why is he holding on to that white elephant?

The closed motel buildings surround one of the more popular restaurants in North Seattle. My friend owns that parcel also and the lease is substantial. Trust me, he is making enough there to justify the situation. I do have some electronic devices assisting in motion detection plus video recording. I have both hand held and tripod mounted cameras. I do not trust permanently mounted cameras because they are easy to spot and defeat.

The dogs are amazing at what they do. Most of the time, weather permitting I leave my front door open. The Mutt's hearing is phenomenal. I trust their judgement and resolve in a confrontation. I laugh when I see some pit bulls on TV, like a "Cop's" segment where the dogs offer no resistance to intrusion. My Pups are not those dogs. They come on like like freight trains and fear nothing. They do not accept food diversions. I train them myself. I have found that working with the dogs has been an unexpected pleasure.

And you're not wrong. It would minimize casualties. So would actually arming the victims, since they'd be able to gun down the lowlife as soon as he enters the building and raises his gun.

Just seeing someone raising a gun in a crowd doesn't justify shooting them, it could be an undercover cop seeing something you don't. You obviously haven't had much training.

Another thing people aren't considering in this particular situation when they said more guns would have helped is that it was obviously a very crowded club. I'm not sure a bunch of untrained people shooting across the club would have made the situation much better. How do you even tell who the bad guy is at that point?

I've mentioned this kind of scenario many many times.
Also gun shooting at university........... Just imagine untrained students running around with guns ............ How would you know who is the bad guy or good guys?

And this has happened.....the guys not shooting innocent people are the good guys, the guys shooting innocent people are the bad guys......

Again...students at a university would be 21 years old in order to carry a gun.....hardly an 18 year old with a gun is it?

Nah........ It will be chaotic and massive confusions. How do you even know who is the bad guy or good guy? If a student is shooting....... How do I know he is shooting at the bad guy? If i ran into one of this students shooting. guarantee you I will grab him and take his/her gun away. How many 21 or 22 yo students do you think are trained and behave like you? Have you seen these kids behave and wild at parties?

I have seen 18 year olds in the uniform of the U.S. military who volunteer to go into combat...to take horrible wounds and risk death to protect our country....

You mean those 21 year old?

Forum List

Back