The opiod crisis - what to do?

The Derp

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2017
Apart from holding the prescription drug companies and the physicians who prescribed those drugs accountable, we shouldn't lift a finger to help the poor white people addicted to heroin. Have they tried "Just Say No"?

Apart from holding the prescription drug companies and the physicians who prescribed those drugs accountable, we shouldn't lift a finger to help the poor white people addicted to heroin. Have they tried "Just Say No"?
Damn. I was afraid they ran out of opiods. Whew! That was close.........

Nationwide healthcare database

Thinking maybe legalize marijuana and prescribe that instead of the opiods which are very addictive.
No sure they really have the same effect. You can only get addicted if allowed to have regularly. No need to make others suffer because of those abusing. They have been around forever (opiods), moden society are just babies that can't handle life

I saw a documentary on Netflix of a fire woman in WV who drives around and helps those in need. Those they help all have chemical addictions of numerous kinds. This show focused on those who help others with these addictions and there were some tear jerking moments. Many of these people just regular, blue collar folks who became caught up in it and are trying to come clean, others who died due to their demons.

Here is something that might surprise many, but it shouldn't if one understands history, many of these synthetic drugs are coming from China. Don't be surprised if there is a concerted effort by certain foreign governments to poison Americans, of course; it will be culpable deniability, their authorities will simply look the other way. The British did it to the Chinese over a century ago, which is why they held HK for so long. Canadian police have been reaching out to the Chinese about these shipments, and I am willing to bet there is something far more nefarious behind this.

I bet if you asked the FBI about these issues they could offer some far more startling details than I could. America has to be weary of the enemies of the state who operate from afar.

• Banned
I saw a documentary on Netflix of a fire woman in WV who drives around and helps those in need. Those they help all have chemical addictions of numerous kinds. This show focused on those who help others with these addictions and there were some tear jerking moments. Many of these people just regular, blue collar folks who became caught up in it and are trying to come clean, others who died due to their demons.

Here is something that might surprise many, but it shouldn't if one understands history, many of these synthetic drugs are coming from China. Don't be surprised if there is a concerted effort by certain foreign governments to poison Americans, of course; it will be culpable deniability, their authorities will simply look the other way. The British did it to the Chinese over a century ago, which is why they held HK for so long. Canadian police have been reaching out to the Chinese about these shipments, and I am willing to bet there is something far more nefarious behind this.

I bet if you asked the FBI about these issues they could offer some far more startling details than I could. America has to be weary of the enemies of the state who operate from afar.

No one cared when far more people were affected by the crack epidemic 30-35 years ago, and that was our own government pumping drugs into the minority communities in order to fund their bullshit wars.

So when it comes to the cries for action to deal with this crisis, I'm not very sympathetic. Only when it starts affecting white people does anyone care. Let 'em die. I don't give a shit about them.

Part of living in a free society is allowing people to make bad decisions.

We should just legalize all drugs and stop wasting money trying to end drug use.

How much of it comes from the street?
Don't forget, the American taxpayers are spending multi-$Millions protecting the opium crops in Afghanistan. Those drugs are sold on American streets. Yes, pharmaceuticals are making untold multi-$Millions from the sale of opioids, that's a given, and has been the case for many years now. Yes, doctors are making multi-$Millions prescribing opioids. But, the bottom line is, people take opioids by choice. No one holds a gun to their heads and forces them to use hard drugs, especially the highly addictive ones. Yes, some people suffer from chronic pain, and I'm one of them, and doctors prescribe effective pain killers in order to help people cope with severe daily pain. I'm one that doctors will not prescribe those pain killers for.

Our addiction to hard drugs go way beyond the legal means to acquire them. The buying and selling of hard illegal drugs in the U.S. is a big business on American streets, and has been for decades now. "IF" doctors were to stop prescribing opioids, people would purchase them on the street like they've been doing for decades. Many tons cross our borders every year, and are sold on streets all across this country.

We should just legalize all drugs and stop wasting money trying to end drug use.
Stop wasting money supporting the addicts. End free needle programs. End medical support and methadone programs. End the use of narcan. End food distribution to addicts. If we are stopping the wasting of money, then really do it.

Don't forget, the American taxpayers are spending multi-$Millions protecting the opium crops in Afghanistan. Those drugs are sold on American streets. Yes, pharmaceuticals are making untold multi-$Millions from the sale of opioids, that's a given, and has been the case for many years now. Yes, doctors are making multi-$Millions prescribing opioids. But, the bottom line is, people take opioids by choice. No one holds a gun to their heads and forces them to use hard drugs, especially the highly addictive ones. Yes, some people suffer from chronic pain, and I'm one of them, and doctors prescribe effective pain killers in order to help people cope with severe daily pain. I'm one that doctors will not prescribe those pain killers for.

Our addiction to hard drugs go way beyond the legal means to acquire them. The buying and selling of hard illegal drugs in the U.S. is a big business on American streets, and has been for decades now. "IF" doctors were to stop prescribing opioids, people would purchase them on the street like they've been doing for decades. Many tons cross our borders every year, and are sold on streets all across this country.

I firmly believe that if marijuana was legal and could be prescribed, we'd have far fewer people addicted to heroin today.

I firmly believe that if marijuana was legal and could be prescribed, we'd have far fewer people addicted to heroin today.
I agree. You're 110% correct.

Probably so. However, isnt it worth considering heroine is physically addictive? Would the peace of mind knowing pot is legal overcome that?

Probably so. However, isnt it worth considering heroine is physically addictive? Would the peace of mind knowing pot is legal overcome that?

Oh, heroin is absolutely physically addictive. Pot isn't.

Stop wasting money supporting the addicts. End free needle programs. End medical support and methadone programs. End the use of narcan. End food distribution to addicts. If we are stopping the wasting of money, then really do it.

Fine with me.

As I said in a free society people are free to make bad decisions as long as they suffer the consequences of those bad decisions. By taking away the negative consequences we reinforce bad decision making

No one cared when far more people were affected by the crack epidemic 30-35 years ago, and that was our own government pumping drugs into the minority communities in order to fund their bullshit wars.

So when it comes to the cries for action to deal with this crisis, I'm not very sympathetic. Only when it starts affecting white people does anyone care. Let 'em die. I don't give a shit about them.

Sounds like you got hooked.

Any substance can be addictive to an addict. Fact.

What I would say is that we haven't really figured out--scientifically--what actually works to cure addiction. If you have a family member who is an addict, it is very hard to know what the best options are to get them the help they need. What your insurance is willing to pay for may actually make them worse. A lot of treatment facilities actually give opioid and heroin addicts drugs like suboxone and methadone to help with the withdrawal, and then the addicts become addicted to those drugs.

We spend a tremendous amount of money on addiction in this country without studies or ratings for effective programs.

Any substance can be addictive to an addict. Fact.

What I would say is that we haven't really figured out--scientifically--what actually works to cure addiction. If you have a family member who is an addict, it is very hard to know what the best options are to get them the help they need. What your insurance is willing to pay for may actually make them worse. A lot of treatment facilities actually give opioid and heroin addicts drugs like suboxone and methadone to help with the withdrawal, and then the addicts become addicted to those drugs.

We spend a tremendous amount of money on addiction in this country without studies or ratings for effective programs.

Anyone can get addicted to anything all it takes is time and frequency of use.

Addiction is the result of a behavior that is all it is

Addiction isn't the problem at all. Addiction and impairment is the problem. Pot is the same as any other "non addiction addiction".

Forum List

Back