The Origin of Life

Think about it. The greatest engineering marvel in the history of the universe with complexity unrivaled by anything in the universe just randomly assembled itself?

As opposed to a super being that randomly assembled itself?
The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging.
Even eternal had to start somewhere.
By definition.... no, it doesn't.
Even something eternal had to have a beginning because it can only be eternal going forward, and can't have existed before it first existed.
eternal: lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning.

As opposed to a super being that randomly assembled itself?
The only solution to the first cause conundrum is something which is eternal and unchanging.
Even something eternal had to have a beginning because it can only be eternal going forward, and can't have existed before it first existed.
Everything has to have a beginning/ Everything. Until PROVEN otherwise.

Except something that is eternal. Eternal means lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning.

So it seems that my original question-what are the implications of life originating one and only once-leads to a very uncomfortable place for some.

So it seems that my original question-what are the implications of life originating one and only once-leads to a very uncomfortable place for some.
Sort of like the reality that space and time had a beginning. That makes some people uncomfortable too.

Except something that is eternal. Eternal means lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning.
Eternal can only apply from the moment said thing appeared and then going forward. And everything has a beginning, it has to. Logically, that is.

Eternal can only apply from the moment said thing appeared and then going forward. And everything has a beginning, it has to. Logically, that is.
Dude, do you even definition?

Nothing is "eternal" in the literal sense because you can't have existed before you appeared on the scene. You can only be eternal from the point of existence onward.

Nothing is "eternal" in the literal sense because you can't have existed before you appeared on the scene. You can only be eternal from the point of existence onward.
If you believe that then you are doomed to the first cause conundrum.

I am telling you the solution to the first cause conundrum.

But only faith is giving you a belief in your definition of eternal.
And by faith you mean to say Webster.
Your belief that your god (who by the way has a lot in common with other gods from other cultures long before Christianity) is eternal.

You sure are skipping a lot of steps. I'm only telling you what the attributes must be for the solution to the first cause conundrum, bro. You're the one filling in the gaps.

You sure are skipping a lot of steps. I'm only telling you what the attributes must be for the solution to the first cause conundrum, bro. You're the one filling in the gaps.

Naw, it's all pretty simple. You don't get to question something as fascinating and complicated as the universe and say it can't be explained by natural phenomena over billions of years, so therefore this being that has 'always' been around went 'abracadabra' and everything just happened and that is somehow more believable.

the everlasting need not have a composition.

Naw, it's all pretty simple. You don't get to question something as fascinating and complicated as the universe and say it can't be explained by natural phenomena over billions of years, so therefore this being that has 'always' been around went 'abracadabra' and everything just happened and that is somehow more believable.
The universe is not complicated, gump. The universe is complex.

Are you the one claiming the universe can't be explained by natural phenomena? Not me, that's for sure.

In fact, beings that know and create were pre-ordained to arise according to the natural laws. Laws which existed before space and time were created. We are no accident, gump. Our existence was programmed into the Laws of Nature.

:dunno:

:dunno:
I know it's confusing, Taz. Don't feel bad.

This is pretty simple. The only answer to the question of what came before that, that avoids an infinite do loop, is something that has always existed and is unchanging. That's it. There is no other solution.

The universe is not complicated, gump. The universe is complex.

Are you the one claiming the universe can't be explained by natural phenomena? Not me, that's for sure.

In fact, beings that know and create were pre-ordained to arise according to the natural laws. Laws which existed before space and time were created. We are no accident, gump. Our existence was programmed into the Laws of Nature.

Our existence was not pre-programmed. Evolution does not predict. We are the product of countless chemical reactions and evolutionary changes over billions of years. The laws of physics and chance alone led to the creativity that now exists in the mind of man.

Forum List

Back