The PC Police go after Zoolander 2!

This just keeps getting better. The original Zoolander came out before this country went nuts:

'Zoolander 2' Is Pissing People Off And It’s Not Even In Theaters Yet

"Zoolander 2" doesn't hit theaters until February, but thousands of people are already calling for a boycott of the film.

Last month, a petition launched on Care2 asking for people to boycott the comedy starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson because of its "offensive representation of non-binary individuals." Benedict Cumberbatch appears in the movie as an androgynous model who is questioned by Stiller and Wilson.

The petition reads: In the "Zoolander 2" trailer, an androgynous character played by Benedict Cumberbatch is asked by Zoolander and Hansel if he is a ‘male or female model’, and if they ‘have a hot dog or a bun’. Additionally, Cumberbatch’s character is clearly portrayed as an over-the-top, cartoonish mockery of androgyne/trans/non-binary individuals. This is the modern equivalent of using blackface to represent a minority.

The potential visuals at the picket lines are fabulous!

DerekZoolanderFerrari.jpg

I've never heard of either the movie or the protest. Think maybe paying it this kind of attention is ... just maybe .... exactly what they want?

Damn slow news day....

Its an obscure online petition on an obscure website.

-- about an obscure movie.

In other words a vital USMB topic.

Well now I have to see both of these flicks.

Anything that makes moonbats buy new mattresses must be funny.

I can't say c*nt or n*gger on USMB without adding asterisks, but Mac can say "PC police" in every thread. That's bullshit. At least I still have faggot. You take the word faggot away from me, and I'll join the Westboro Baptist Church.

Comedy has to be un-pc.

When you know thought police, in person, you realize just how humourless these people are. They are really draining. Every time I deal with them it triggers depression.

I can't say c*nt or n*gger on USMB without adding asterisks, but Mac can say "PC police" in every thread. That's bullshit. At least I still have faggot. You take the word faggot away from me, and I'll join the Westboro Baptist Church.

That's because people like c*nts, faggots and n*ggers more than "PC Police".

Those guys are REAL assholes.

Oh, god! A sequel? Is it straight to DVD? lol

But it is still allowed, your OP shows a movie coming out that allows it.

Your OP is now destroying your responses...Its like watching a snake eat its tail
And it's turning you folks, once again, into drama queens.

Which is my point. Precisely.

You're flailing.

Hey look! Here are some honest liberals!

President Obama praised student activists, but also said he disagrees with what Stephanopoulos described as “militant political correctness” on campus, whereby some activists seek to shut down opposing viewpoints. “Being a good citizen, being an activist, involves hearing the other side and making sure that you are engaging in a dialogue because that’s also how change happens,” said President Obama.

Forum List

Back