🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The physics of big sack over beautiful wall

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
https://media.wired.com/photos/5969...r/w_532,c_limit/spring_2017_sketches_key2.jpg

RHETT ALLAIN
SCIENCE
07.14.17 06:31 PM
Suppose someone builds a wall. A great and tall wall that is both impenetrable and beautiful. Who knows—maybe it's even solar powered. This wall stands 10 meters tall and goes on and on and on.

Now suppose someone wants to toss a bag of stuff over that wall. A big bag with a mass of, oh, 60 pounds. (I will say 27 kilograms, because kilograms are better.) How much force must be applied to get this bag over that wall? And what happens if the bag bonks someone on the other side? ...

... This would require an average throwing force of 2,646 newtons, or almost 600 pounds. That makes this one tough sack-throwing hombre, someone not to be messed with.

But wait! But what if that hombre hurls that sack over that mighty wall and bonks someone on the head? ... Well, the physics is exactly the same, but backward. If you caught this sack on the other side with a catching distance of 1 meter, you would need an average force of 2,646 Newtons. If it hit you in the head, it might stop over a much shorter distance of about 0.25 meters. In this case, there would be an impact force of 10,584 newtons. Bam. That would hurt. Hopefully someone gives this massive magnificent wall some windows so you can see the sacks being tossed over ...
The Physics of Throwing a Big Sack Over Trump's Beautiful Wall

Hell, we should thank them as doing drugs is better then praying to a myth in the sky!

Remember, Trump speaks in stream of consciousness. He just says whatever the fuck he feels like saying because nobody has ever dared tell him he isn't making any sense.

So are you saying you now self-identify as Wile E. Coyote and his obsession with catapults launching heavy objects?

So are you saying you now self-identify as Wile E. Coyote and his obsession with catapults launching heavy objects?
That's what it reminded me of, too. Speaking of drugs, is Science Rocks high today?

OMG, ScienceRocks. I MUST apologize to you. I thought you had totally flipped your lid, but I just heard about the President's remarks on the Wall.
You must never assume we know everything, Matthew.

I've got an idea for a big ol' sack to toss over the wall:

Trump-closeup-5-10.png

https://media.wired.com/photos/5969...r/w_532,c_limit/spring_2017_sketches_key2.jpg

RHETT ALLAIN
SCIENCE
Suppose someone builds a wall. A great and tall wall that is both impenetrable and beautiful. Who knows—maybe it's even solar powered. This wall stands 10 meters tall and goes on and on and on.

Now suppose someone wants to toss a bag of stuff over that wall. A big bag with a mass of, oh, 60 pounds. (I will say 27 kilograms, because kilograms are better.) How much force must be applied to get this bag over that wall? And what happens if the bag bonks someone on the other side? ...

... This would require an average throwing force of 2,646 newtons, or almost 600 pounds. That makes this one tough sack-throwing hombre, someone not to be messed with.

But wait! But what if that hombre hurls that sack over that mighty wall and bonks someone on the head? ... Well, the physics is exactly the same, but backward. If you caught this sack on the other side with a catching distance of 1 meter, you would need an average force of 2,646 Newtons. If it hit you in the head, it might stop over a much shorter distance of about 0.25 meters. In this case, there would be an impact force of 10,584 newtons. Bam. That would hurt. Hopefully someone gives this massive magnificent wall some windows so you can see the sacks being tossed over ...

Hell, we should thank them as doing drugs is better then praying to a myth in the sky!

If you truly appreciate science, Matty, then you know if you catapult human beings over that wall, that person is going to fatally go SPLAT! when they hit the American side, in obedience to the law of gravity.

I would just back my trebuchet up to the wall, easy peezy, anything you want, right the fuck over into the U.S. If it hits you, sue me. You know where to find me, muchachos. I'll be in Sinaloa, coolin' it with your woman.

Why a trebuchet? Much easier a big air gun and just shoot the cocaine over the wall to the people on the other side. As for the illegal immigrants, they will just come in on jet planes, as about 40% of them do at present.

RHETT ALLAIN
SCIENCE

The wall. Trump's Maginot Line.

Forum List

Back