The plan to Obstruct Obama. He shall pass nothing.

The video I posted where Zo explains why Republicans are not accused of helping blacks opened my eyes to the Democrats.

They complain that the Republicans don't work with them, what they mean is that Republicans won't get in line with the democrat lemmings. They also mean they can't do it themselves. Kind of like the mentally challenged person complaining because no one will help him jump off a cliff.

With the state of the country who in their right minds would want to help these people? Sure, Romney was right, 47 percent are going to vote Democrat regardless of the disaster they have brought to America because it is in their self interest to keep getting help from the government. Then those same people complain that Republicans don't want to help them, which is a lie, but if the Democrats were actually helping them they WOULDN'T NEED REPUBLICAN help.

I saw Clinton's name mentioned. As I have held all along he was a worse president then Jimmy Carter. At least the things that happened during Carter were mostly beyond his control and lasted relatively short period of time. But Clinton? His lying under oath and lying straight up to the American people while shaking his finger in our collective faces brought down the presidency, honor was lost. Then what he did to the working man with his "free" trade agreements was predicted then and has come true today. Clinton was a likable guy cause he liked women, and BigMac but we still need to wait and see if we can recover from his Presidency, I am thinking 10 more years.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
This is the reason a commentator referred to Boehner as merely the "spokesman" s opposed to "Speaker" yesterday. He's not leading, he's just reporting what his party's eXtremist contingent's demands are from time to time.

Nice reading into things with your room temperature IQ.

Don't you have a shiny light reflection to go ooh and ahh at?

Would Conservatives welcome a statesman into their ranks? Could Conservatives embrace the philosophy of the Founding Fathers and craft a compromise? Do Conservatives see virtues like statesmanship and compromise as important aspects of their political activism?

Or are they happy wallowing in the role of obstructionist, saboteur, intractable ideologue?
If someone was to come to your home with a crane and wrecking ball and began demolishing your house, would you not OBSTRUCT them?

Now you get what's going on, because even you with all your eloquence in prose, you can't deny our country's economy, morality and character is a house being wrecked by liberal, progressive, democrat policy and agenda. If it weren't for those few conservatives with what little power they do have and that do have a spine and say NO to such a destructive agenda, we'd be worse off than we are.

Last edited:
• David Obey, then chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, met with his GOP counterpart, Jerry Lewis, to explain what Democrats had in mind for the stimulus and ask what Republicans wanted to include. “Jerry’s response was, ‘I’m sorry, but leadership tells us we can’t play,’ ” Obey told me. “Exact quote: ‘We can’t play.’ What they said right from the get-go was, It doesn’t matter what the hell you do, we ain’t going to help you. We’re going to stand on the sidelines and bitch.”

Lewis blames Obey and the Democrats for the committee’s turn toward extreme partisanship, but he doesn’t deny that GOP leaders made a decision not to play. “The leadership decided there was no play to be had,” he says. Republicans recognized that after Obama’s big promises about bipartisanship, they could break those promises by refusing to cooperate. In the words of Congressman Tom Cole, a deputy Republican whip: “We wanted the talking point: ‘The only thing bipartisan was the opposition.’ ”

This comes as no surprise, of course. But it indeed confirms the fact that conservative and republican opposition to ‘everything Obama’ was purely partisan, devoid of fact or evidence, to the detriment of the Nation.

This is why the economy’s recovery isn’t as robust as it should be, due to republican foot-dragging and obstructionism.

People seem to forget the disgraceful way Republicans carried on during the Clinton Presidency. They focused on completely destroying the Democratic President and came very close to succeeding. That laid the ground work for what we are witnessing now.

This is no accident. It's a deliberate strategy to insure the rule of the minority. All the while this is happening? The wealthiest 1 percent are absolutely sucking all profit out of the economy.

Would you mind explaining these ACTUAL Quotes from Editor of NewsWeek said:

Evan Thomas Editor of NewsWeek's quotes Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

But that will never happen under Obama because this hardened, grizzled NewsWeek editor's response about Obama???

I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

DO YOU THINK Thomas like 85% of the reporters,etc. at ABC,CBS,NBC consider Obama a "god" that needed their donations?
1,160 (85%) of the Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to GOP candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
An average contribution of $880.
By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Democrat candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863.
An average Democrat contribution was $744.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | The Daily Caller

Last night[2/13/08] during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage, Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech.
Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus —
described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks
"I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech.
My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.
Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

"JESUS"??? These grizzled reporters deifying Obama???

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The video I posted where Zo explains why Republicans are not accused of helping blacks opened my eyes to the Democrats.

They complain that the Republicans don't work with them, what they mean is that Republicans won't get in line with the democrat lemmings. They also mean they can't do it themselves. Kind of like the mentally challenged person complaining because no one will help him jump off a cliff.

With the state of the country who in their right minds would want to help these people? Sure, Romney was right, 47 percent are going to vote Democrat regardless of the disaster they have brought to America because it is in their self interest to keep getting help from the government. Then those same people complain that Republicans don't want to help them, which is a lie, but if the Democrats were actually helping them they WOULDN'T NEED REPUBLICAN help.

I saw Clinton's name mentioned. As I have held all along he was a worse president then Jimmy Carter. At least the things that happened during Carter were mostly beyond his control and lasted relatively short period of time. But Clinton? His lying under oath and lying straight up to the American people while shaking his finger in our collective faces brought down the presidency, honor was lost. Then what he did to the working man with his "free" trade agreements was predicted then and has come true today. Clinton was a likable guy cause he liked women, and BigMac but we still need to wait and see if we can recover from his Presidency, I am thinking 10 more years.
Exactly.

This is the reason a commentator referred to Boehner as merely the "spokesman" s opposed to "Speaker" yesterday. He's not leading, he's just reporting what his party's eXtremist contingent's demands are from time to time.

Boehner has only one goal, that is to keep his job. If the country goes to hell because of his pandering to the Teabaggers, he doesn't give a damn.

Boehner has only one goal, that is to keep his job. If the country goes to hell because of his pandering to the Teabaggers, he doesn't give a damn.

Oh look, another leftard that's obsessed with having a big, saggy, sweaty ball sack dropped in his mouth.

Fellas, your idiocy, and that of the Teabaggers in the coming month is going to gaurantee a Democratic Congress and Senate. With a Democratic President. 2015. Higher taxes on the wealthy. A Universal Single Payer Health Care plan for the whole nation. A scaling back of our Military-Industrial Complex, and at the same time, a building of our infrastructure so our businesses can compete in the global market. A move from fossil fuels to renewables, with the resultant increases in jobs and profits for the people in our nation rather than Canada, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia.

Don't like it? Tough shit, you earned it.

The federal government is a bloated monstronsity. Some State governments are bloated monstrosities. Progressive hellhole city governments are bloated monstrosites.

Public sector jobs are "overhead." Jobs that are there to do work needed to maintain the government for the rest of us. When the overhead costs too much, it has to be cut.
If you want to punish the poor by rolling back programs, that's one thing. But the true effect of the punitive policies of the GOP are the elimination of the jobs administering the programs.

Unless you're willing to say that each and every recipient of government largess is the same as some cartoon anecdote of a Welfare Queen of Food Stamp Surfer, you must keep the programs where legitimately disadvantaged folks are in need. And if that's the case, someone has to administer that aid.

Getting rid of the programs is the feature, getting rid of the bloated burecrats who run them is a bonus.

Social welfare programs should be at the lowest level of government possible, that way the people who want them are the people who pay for them. If a city wants to provide free food to people it can, but they can pay for it, and not expect the rest of us to do the same.

Now that's what I call compassionate conservative. That would surely do states like Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana in - they're the ones that get the most welfare from our government, and they happen to be "red" states. Maybe you have a point - enough with supporting the "red" states.

I’m under no such constraint. The numbers, for decades now, have been quite clear: With some exceptions, what we regard as red states are sent a whole lot more of your hard-earned tax dollars than the traditional blue states. In effect, supposedly indolent, “tax and spend” liberals actually subsidize the individualistic, pure, and hard-working lifestyle of our conservative countrymen.
Blue state, red face: Guess who benefits more from your taxes?

Oh look, another leftard that's obsessed with having a big, saggy, sweaty ball sack dropped in his mouth.

Another 'Conservative' living in the closet. Obsessed with homosexual images, while swearing he's a hetereo. His posts tell the real story.

If you want to punish the poor by rolling back programs, that's one thing. But the true effect of the punitive policies of the GOP are the elimination of the jobs administering the programs.

Unless you're willing to say that each and every recipient of government largess is the same as some cartoon anecdote of a Welfare Queen of Food Stamp Surfer, you must keep the programs where legitimately disadvantaged folks are in need. And if that's the case, someone has to administer that aid.

Getting rid of the programs is the feature, getting rid of the bloated burecrats who run them is a bonus.

Social welfare programs should be at the lowest level of government possible, that way the people who want them are the people who pay for them. If a city wants to provide free food to people it can, but they can pay for it, and not expect the rest of us to do the same.

Now that's what I call compassionate conservative. That would surely do states like Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana in - they're the ones that get the most welfare from our government, and they happen to be "red" states. Maybe you have a point - enough with supporting the "red" states.

I’m under no such constraint. The numbers, for decades now, have been quite clear: With some exceptions, what we regard as red states are sent a whole lot more of your hard-earned tax dollars than the traditional blue states. In effect, supposedly indolent, “tax and spend” liberals actually subsidize the individualistic, pure, and hard-working lifestyle of our conservative countrymen.
Blue state, red face: Guess who benefits more from your taxes?

You do know that those numbers are skewed by the amount of federal lands in those states, and the military bases in those states? One has to look at "aid" numbers, which are decidely different.

The challenge for Republicans is not just the black vote. It is Hispanics, Asians, young women, gays, teachers....
Republicans can just write them off as part of the 47% that expect free stuff or they can start taking a serious look at their policies which turn off these demographics.
They can start off by not being so damn offensive when they talk about those who do not agree with them. They need to turn viciously against those in the party that make them the party of stupid. A little compassion and charm can go a long way
Then they can start by asking how they can start to chip away at those votes. Calling them freeloaders does not do it. You want the votes of the poor? Start getting them jobs, start getting them training and let them know it was Republican programs that did it

Would Conservatives welcome a statesman into their ranks? Could Conservatives embrace the philosophy of the Founding Fathers and craft a compromise? Do Conservatives see virtues like statesmanship and compromise as important aspects of their political activism?

Or are they happy wallowing in the role of obstructionist, saboteur, intractable ideologue?
If someone was to come to your home with a crane and wrecking ball and began demolishing your house, would you not OBSTRUCT them?
Yeah, except the GOP is the one coming with a crane and wrecking ball and is demolishing it's own house. Not exactly what you call brilliant.

Now you get what's going on, because even you with all your eloquence in prose, you can't deny our country's economy, morality and character is a house being wrecked by liberal, progressive, democrat policy and agenda. If it weren't for those few conservatives with what little power they do have and that do have a spine and say NO to such a destructive agenda, we'd be worse off than we are.

Geez, so much misinformation is causing you such anger. It's the obstruction that is causing all the problems. The GOP, instead of spending time trying to come up with jobs and ways to make the economy better are spending all their time and effort on trying to keep people (most probably from "red" states) from having health care even though as a "Harvard" student, Cruz should know better, cause it ain't going to happen.

Yeah, except the GOP is the one coming with a crane and wrecking ball and is demolishing it's own house. Not exactly what you call brilliant.

Geez, so much misinformation is causing you such anger. It's the obstruction that is causing all the problems. The GOP, instead of spending time trying to come up with jobs and ways to make the economy better are spending all their time and effort on trying to keep people (most probably from "red" states) from having health care even though as a "Harvard" student, Cruz should know better, cause it ain't going to happen.

You mean a jobs bill like this: JOBS Act passes Congress, heads to Obama

I would applaud the Republicans, if they were actually doing what liberals say they are doing. But they are not, Obama has gotten everything he wanted. Now that the economy is a wreck they expect us to keep doing what got us here in the first place, simply lunacy.

The challenge for Republicans is not just the black vote. It is Hispanics, Asians, young women, gays, teachers....
Republicans can just write them off as part of the 47% that expect free stuff or they can start taking a serious look at their policies which turn off these demographics.
They can start off by not being so damn offensive when they talk about those who do not agree with them. They need to turn viciously against those in the party that make them the party of stupid. A little compassion and charm can go a long way
Then they can start by asking how they can start to chip away at those votes. Calling them freeloaders does not do it. You want the votes of the poor? Start getting them jobs, start getting them training and let them know it was Republican programs that did it

The question is, are they freeloaders? And if they are should that be ignored for votes, as do the democrats. What we are doing ain't working it is making things worse. But to suggest an alternative results in posts much like yours. Trying to get people back to work and off of welfare is not a bad objective but it appears to me not to be one that the democrat party has embraced.

The question is, are they freeloaders? And if they are should that be ignored for votes, as do the democrats. What we are doing ain't working it is making things worse. But to suggest an alternative results in posts much like yours. Trying to get people back to work and off of welfare is not a bad objective but it appears to me not to be one that the democrat party has embraced.

Again, what are Republicans doing to convince poor and working class Americans to vote Republican? Shaming them and calling them lazy does not appear to be working

You mean a jobs bill like this: JOBS Act passes Congress, heads to Obama
Yeah, how many "repeals to Obamacare" did they pass before they passed this one?

From your link:
3/27/12 - “We are pleased Congress took bipartisan action to pass key initiatives the President proposed last fall to help small businesses and startups grow and create jobs,” White House spokeswoman Amy Brundage said after the vote.

No, I meant like this:

Reeling from last week’s dismal employment report, President Obama on Friday took Congress to task for not passing his jobs bill, which he says would have put up to one million people back to work.

The president acknowledged Congress’s approval in December of an extension of the payroll tax cut he championed. But he complained that Congress left most of his jobs package “just sitting there” and, “in light of the headwinds we’re now facing,” he urged them to reconsider.

Obama pins blame on Congress that left jobs bill 'just sitting there' - The Hill's On The Money

I would applaud the Republicans, if they were actually doing what liberals say they are doing. But they are not, Obama has gotten everything he wanted. Now that the economy is a wreck they expect us to keep doing what got us here in the first place, simply lunacy.

If Obama has gotten everything he wanted, why does the GOP hold the record # of filibusters? Doesn't add up to your belief, does it?

Republicans have instituted the filibuster on more bills than any other Congress in the history of the country.
In effect Republicans have been holding America hostage with their 41 votes. In other words a 41 Senator minority dictated policy over the 59 Senator majorities. That is not Democracy. Moreover, many of the Senators opposing progressive bills generally represent a very small part of the American population, thus imposing the values of an American minority on the vast majority of Americans.

GOP that Obstructed W/Record # of Filibusters Cries Foul Over Dems Attempt at Senate Rules Change - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

you damn right we the people are Obstructing him, that's why they took the house away from you progressives... with all three you felt you had the RIGHT TOcould just RUN over people in this country... and WE the people are stopping him growing government instead of the economy and Unemployment..

Well WHINE AWAY....We don't care....we have stopped this egomaniac from putting anymore of his VISIONS he has for TRANSFORMING AMERICA on us...like almost a trillion dollar stimulus we the people have no accounting of where that MONEY went, and his monster government program called, ObamaTaxNo Care...I guess the people decided they didn't want his visions of transforming our country..
but I have this for all you Obama cult members....waaaa:eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
Shut it down, Baby. Then watch the storm as people lose money hand over fist. You are even going to have Murdoch's WSJ calling you fools, and trying to remove you Teabaggers in the primaries. In the meantime, expect a Democratic Congress in 2014.

Forum List

Back