The Planet is Heating Up Faster than Models Predict -- James Hansen

James Hansen whose 1988 testimony before Congress was the first many had heard of global warming, has co-published a study in which he claims that the globe is warming faster than models predict primarily because of reductions in aerosol emissions from China and internationally from shipping. Michael Mann disagrees, noting that the truth is bad enough. Hansen says the 1.5C threshold is dead as a doornail and keeping us withing 2C by 2050 will require concerted effort. Hansen suggests we consider the use of solar geoengineering though several other experts warn that such a strategy poses severe dangers. The article notes that June, July, August, September and October of this year have all set monthly global temperature records
Not good at all.

Scientists are sounding the alarm not just because of the certain warming approaching, but the fact that that there might be tipping points in the climate.

You're fucking unbelievable. Literally. Given your lies about your qualifications, why should anyone here believe anything you say?

Your local weatherman is attempting to forecast temperature, windspeed, wind direction and precipitation with roughly one kilometer accuracy. GCMs {climate models) are attempting to forecast the average temperature of the entire planet. Do you actually want to say that you believe they have the same chronological limitations?
Can’t be done. Show the datasets of the globe or you’re a liar again

Oh shut up stupid. You shouldn't even be commenting on this topic.
Can’t have a global average without a database of the temperatures everywhere on the globe, so post it. And not the made up graph, but the spreadsheet

The article in the OP says that they're wrong too.
Hansen believes things are worse than the models indicate. You think the error is in the other direction and to a much greater degree. Hansen's view doesn't validate yours. It refutes it.

What COVID models are you talking about? And what would COVID models have to do with climate models?

Models are unreliable. We saw during covid how disastrous allowing them to influence and mold public policy is. The end.

Bullshit

Ignorant bullshit

Cowardly ignorant bullshit.

You appear to know absolutely nothing about computer models. If I'm wrong, show us what you know.
Completely true on all counts.

The fact that you don't like it changes nothing.

The covid models were dogshit and broke the country. I'm sure these are fine though, so we should believe them and allow our future to be molded by them.

Go fuck yourself, you ignorant, sanctimonious piece of shit.

Completely true on all counts.
Then you can provide some very convincing evidence. You still haven't identified what COVID models you're talking about but a very large majority of climate scientists and scientists in general believe the output of current general circulation models (GCMs or climate models) are valid and meaningful.
The fact that you don't like it changes nothing.
That looks like pure projection to me.
The covid models were dogshit and broke the country.
This is the Environment Forum and this thread concerns James Hansen and the CMIP6 GCMs, not COVID. If you want to talk about COVID and your rejection of mainstream modern medicine, I'm certain there are more suitable forums who are missing you and wondering to where you've gotten off.
I'm sure these are fine though, so we should believe them and allow our future to be molded by them.
Not molded, advised by.
Go fuck yourself, you ignorant, sanctimonious piece of shit.
While you're getting your third case of COVID treated with horse piss or whatever's hot this month, you might want to find a good dermatologist to check out the tissue-like fragility of your dermal layer.

Then you can provide some very convincing evidence. You still haven't identified what COVID models you're talking about but a very large majority of climate scientists and scientists in general believe the output of current general circulation models (GCMs or climate models) are valid and meaningful.

That looks like pure projection to me.

This is the Environment Forum and this thread concerns James Hansen and the CMIP6 GCMs, not COVID. If you want to talk about COVID and your rejection of mainstream modern medicine, I'm certain there are more suitable forums who are missing you and wondering to where you've gotten off.

Not molded, advised by.

While you're getting your third case of COVID treated with horse piss or whatever's hot this month, you might want to find a good dermatologist to check out the tissue-like fragility of your dermal layer.
Lot of words to say nothing there Chicken Little.

Earths temps over he past 500,000,000 years.
Those dang Dinosaurs obviously didn't care about global warming!!!

graph-from-scott-wing-620px.png

Lot of words to say nothing there Chicken Little.
Speaking of saying nothing, we're you planning on EVER explaining what COVID models you're talking about, how they might relate to GCMs or specifically what you believe their flaws to be?

Speaking of saying nothing, we're you planning on EVER explaining what COVID models you're talking about, how they might relate to GCMs or specifically what you believe their flaws to be?
Maybe if you read my first post in your little thread instead of frothily jumping into the middle of a conversation things would be clearer to you.

Forum List

Back