The Politics of Gun Buy Backs

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
California has been doing these for years. The local politicians have law enforcement conduct the events. By a large majority, the guns turned in were crap, old and rusted, and many were non-functional.

But hey, I have an idea.

If the feds want Americans to turn in their guns I propose they implement a beta test by starting with Chicago and Baltimore. I mean, look at all the killings they can stop by having everyone turn in their guns. So show us in America how this quick win works, and then maybe more Americans will consider their confiscation plan something beyond pie in the sky.

So how about it Dems? Show us the effectiveness of gun buy backs in Chicago and Baltimore and its ultimate effect on homicide rates.

-Geaux

How can you buy back, something which you never owned?

Call it what it is, confiscation.
I agree. Just trying to stay above the chuff here in hopes some of the left will respond that believe in the gun buy back programs

-Geaux

Call it what it really is...

First, they take YOUR money, then they offer to return some of it in exchange for your guns...

California has been doing these for years. The local politicians have law enforcement conduct the events. By a large majority, the guns turned in were crap, old and rusted, and many were non-functional.

But hey, I have an idea.

If the feds want Americans to turn in their guns I propose they implement a beta test by starting with Chicago and Baltimore. I mean, look at all the killings they can stop by having everyone turn in their guns. So show us in America how this quick win works, and then maybe more Americans will consider their confiscation plan something beyond pie in the sky.

So how about it Dems? Show us the effectiveness of gun buy backs in Chicago and Baltimore and its ultimate effect on homicide rates.

-Geaux
It’s a good start

I’m sure N.Y., LA and SF would do it also

Let’s take the billions wasted on Trumps wall and use it to buy back guns

But hey, I have an idea.

-Geaux

I keep a bin full of old, rusty, crap $5.00 guns, just for the purpose of a gun buyback. Standing outside of a buybuck and offering the passing schmucks $50 for their priceless family heirloom guns is also something in my bucket list.

That's 100% legal, you know. :biggrin:

In the county where I live the Sheriff's Department occasionally has a gun back buy day as directed by the stupid politicians.

After the sale is over the local gun range/club members are allowed to put offers on any of the guns that were turned in.

Most of them are junk but a few of them are resold.

The whole program is a joke.

Last edited:
In the county where I live the Sheriffs Department occasionally has a gun back day as directed by the stupid politicians.

After the sale is over the local gun range/club members are allowed to put offers on any of the guns that were turned in.

Ain't that the truth? I've had a Sheriff's Department deputy call me and ask me if I wanted some of the ammunition some lady turned in to them. She couldn't figure out how to "dispose" of it.

But hey, I have an idea.

-Geaux
It's not a voluntary transaction if the seller doesn't set the price.

But hey, I have an idea.

-Geaux
You don’t understand what voluntary means

But hey, I have an idea.

-Geaux

Voluntary idiot. Only an idiot would voluntarily turn in a firearm to the authorities. Probably some dumbass Moon Bat that voted for Obama and needs the money for pot. You know, like you.

I saw videos of government gun buybacks in the past. They take the gun and pay off the anonymous alleged owner in cash without checking the name or the serial number. It's like the sleaziest pawn shop in the freaking world. Apparently they make no effort to see if it is stolen and return it to the rightful owner before they dump the gun in the metal hopper.

Last edited:
In the county where I live the Sheriffs Department occasionally has a gun back day as directed by the stupid politicians.

Ain't that the truth? I've had a Sheriff's Department deputy call me and ask me if I wanted some of the ammunition some lady turned in to them. She couldn't figure out how to "dispose" of it.
If there was a high five rating you would have just got one.

But hey, I have an idea.

-Geaux
That’s in the name. Mandatory buy backs.

But hey, I have an idea.

-Geaux
It’s a good start

I’m sure N.Y., LA and SF would do it also

Let’s take the billions wasted on Trumps wall and use it to buy back guns

I'm sure the street gangs in the major cities will first to step up....not.

But hey, I have an idea.

-Geaux

Voluntary idiot. Only an idiot would voluntarily turn in a firearm to the authorities. Probably some dumbass Moon Bat that voted for Obama and needs the money for pot. You know, like you.
Another moron doesn’t understand voluntary

But hey, I have an idea.

-Geaux
I don’t think you know what it means. Voluntary can’t have a consequence attached and still be voluntary.

Forum List

Back