Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Power of Communication

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
One of the things I find very frustrating is when an Israeli is killed, we get every pertinant detail of it, and by pertinant I don't mean the act itself but who that person was to those around him. We learn if he was married, had children, was a good student in school. We learn of his dreams and aspirations, we see interviews with family members, we see photos - smiling children, happy family life.

When a Palestinian gets killed there are almost no details - no sense of who that person was to his community. Typically, the only photos we see are are bruised and ravaged bodies in hospital beds, or bloody dead people.

While on the one hand, those sort of pictures are good for arousing anger at injustice, they do little to foster a connection and a feeling of empathy for the victim that is needed for a sustained attempt to find justice and win hearts.

Originally I blamed the media entirely, thinking it's biased. However, after reading this blog - I no longer think it's just the media. The Arabs/Palestinians are just not as effective at telling their stories in a way that the rest of the world can empathize with - and they need to begin doing this, so people can see that these are real people being killed, not just bloody bodies and that it is not just a tragedy for one side - but every death (on both sides) is a tragedy for all.

This article makes a number of good points though I'm concentrating on just a few: Saudi Gazette - Boston bombing brings out Arab, Muslim failings

....Yes, little Palestinian children are being killed by Israeli soldiers and settlers. But yes, also, little Israeli children are being killed by Arabs and Muslims. The problem is Arabs and Muslims get mad because they see how much more effective Americans and Israelis are at telling the story of their victims. Israelis are better skilled at telling their stories in compelling and human terms, while the Arab and Muslim activists are incompetent and unskilled. Their only real experience is in leadership through emotion.

In the Middle East, emotion seems to be the primary qualification for leadership. The more emotional you are and the louder your voice in a speech, the more you will be cheered. The speeches ramble and are annoying and too long. They are filled with so many messages that nothing stands out. Little is remembered.

An effective leader looks at the vast array of facts and stories and focuses on one that symbolizes the point they are trying to make. Arabs and Muslims, on the other hand, are never satisfied with the quantity of their tragedy and feel compelled to exaggerate the numbers to make things worse than they are.

There is a way to help Americans expand their sympathy. But you don’t do it by screaming at them when they are consumed with emotion over the Boston deaths.

You do it strategically.

Instead of saying “You don’t care about us, you only care about yourself,” you express a sincere and genuine feeling of condolence. You tell them how much you are also sad for the death of the little boy, and you must mean it.

You stand with them and denounce the Boston Marathon killers, no matter who they are. You don’t try to explain away the violence if, by chance, the bombers were Arab or Muslim. You forcefully and unequivocally denounce the violence.

You then allow that sympathy to build into a relationship. When the timing is appropriate, you talk about how you are angered by all the violence in the world, and the killing of all the children and innocent civilians.

And when the American agrees, you slowly expand the argument, over time — maybe weeks or months — to explain to them that little children are being killed by the Israelis. That it is not about being anti-Israeli. It is about being anti-violence. It is not about being anti-Israeli or pro-Arab, but rather about being anti-extremist and anti-hate.

You draw the line of argument in a manner that you are both standing on the same side.

Then, you meticulously, carefully and steadily tell the story of each and every one of those acts of violence against Arabs and Muslims, not by overwhelming Americans with statistics and numbers, but by choosing one of the victims and presenting a complete portrait of that victim’s life as a human being.

You humanize the story. You let people know who that child really was. What was their dreams, goals in life, and their ambitions? You talk about their families and their goodness. You take the generalization that is being thrown at Americans today and personalize it to make it a compelling story. You use common sense. And it can’t just be one Arab or one Muslim, either. It has to be by the entire society of Arabs and Muslims doing the same thing. The Arab and Muslim media must eliminate emotion, hatred and extremism, and instead embrace reason, principle and justice.

MY LAST POST: Final thoughts on Zionism?s success and Arab failure - Alan Hart

THE problem was that most citizens of the Western nations, Americans especially, were too mis-informed and uninformed to do the pushing. In other words, because they had been conditioned by Zionist propaganda, peddled without question by the mainstream media, most citizens were too ignorant to make their democracies work for justice and peace in the Middle East.

So my starting point was the belief that the real conflict is an information war between Zionism’s masters of deception on the one side and the truth tellers on the other.

The truth tellers were few in number but among those who produced major truth-telling works (books) were Jews of real integrity including, for example, the Jewish-American Alfred M. Lilienthal, the first two Israeli “revisionist” meaning honest historians – Avi Shlaim and Ilan Pappe, the Jewish-American Norman Finkelstein and Auschwitz survivor Hajo Meyer. (In such company the Gentile me felt secure in the frontline trenches of the war for truth. There was also comfort in knowing that we were taking on Zionism from the moral high ground).

Over the last 20 years or so, with their books, articles and public speaking, the truth tellers have made an impact but not on a big enough scale to change the outcome of the war.

That´s the new "equality" we have to learn. Isn´t it forbidden to show dead US-soldiers in the medias? The families of those who died, know that they can die.

Remember

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the things I find very frustrating is when an Israeli is killed, we get every pertinant detail of it, and by pertinant I don't mean the act itself but who that person was to those around him. We learn if he was married, had children, was a good student in school. We learn of his dreams and aspirations, we see interviews with family members, we see photos - smiling children, happy family life.

When a Palestinian gets killed there are almost no details - no sense of who that person was to his community. Typically, the only photos we see are are bruised and ravaged bodies in hospital beds, or bloody dead people.

While on the one hand, those sort of pictures are good for arousing anger at injustice, they do little to foster a connection and a feeling of empathy for the victim that is needed for a sustained attempt to find justice and win hearts.

Originally I blamed the media entirely, thinking it's biased. However, after reading this blog - I no longer think it's just the media. The Arabs/Palestinians are just not as effective at telling their stories in a way that the rest of the world can empathize with - and they need to begin doing this, so people can see that these are real people being killed, not just bloody bodies and that it is not just a tragedy for one side - but every death (on both sides) is a tragedy for all.

This article makes a number of good points though I'm concentrating on just a few: Saudi Gazette - Boston bombing brings out Arab, Muslim failings

....Yes, little Palestinian children are being killed by Israeli soldiers and settlers. But yes, also, little Israeli children are being killed by Arabs and Muslims. The problem is Arabs and Muslims get mad because they see how much more effective Americans and Israelis are at telling the story of their victims. Israelis are better skilled at telling their stories in compelling and human terms, while the Arab and Muslim activists are incompetent and unskilled. Their only real experience is in leadership through emotion.

In the Middle East, emotion seems to be the primary qualification for leadership. The more emotional you are and the louder your voice in a speech, the more you will be cheered. The speeches ramble and are annoying and too long. They are filled with so many messages that nothing stands out. Little is remembered.

An effective leader looks at the vast array of facts and stories and focuses on one that symbolizes the point they are trying to make. Arabs and Muslims, on the other hand, are never satisfied with the quantity of their tragedy and feel compelled to exaggerate the numbers to make things worse than they are.

There is a way to help Americans expand their sympathy. But you don’t do it by screaming at them when they are consumed with emotion over the Boston deaths.

You do it strategically.

Instead of saying “You don’t care about us, you only care about yourself,” you express a sincere and genuine feeling of condolence. You tell them how much you are also sad for the death of the little boy, and you must mean it.

You stand with them and denounce the Boston Marathon killers, no matter who they are. You don’t try to explain away the violence if, by chance, the bombers were Arab or Muslim. You forcefully and unequivocally denounce the violence.

You then allow that sympathy to build into a relationship. When the timing is appropriate, you talk about how you are angered by all the violence in the world, and the killing of all the children and innocent civilians.

And when the American agrees, you slowly expand the argument, over time — maybe weeks or months — to explain to them that little children are being killed by the Israelis. That it is not about being anti-Israeli. It is about being anti-violence. It is not about being anti-Israeli or pro-Arab, but rather about being anti-extremist and anti-hate.

You draw the line of argument in a manner that you are both standing on the same side.

Then, you meticulously, carefully and steadily tell the story of each and every one of those acts of violence against Arabs and Muslims, not by overwhelming Americans with statistics and numbers, but by choosing one of the victims and presenting a complete portrait of that victim’s life as a human being.

You humanize the story. You let people know who that child really was. What was their dreams, goals in life, and their ambitions? You talk about their families and their goodness. You take the generalization that is being thrown at Americans today and personalize it to make it a compelling story. You use common sense. And it can’t just be one Arab or one Muslim, either. It has to be by the entire society of Arabs and Muslims doing the same thing. The Arab and Muslim media must eliminate emotion, hatred and extremism, and instead embrace reason, principle and justice.

i'm new here...some things i don't know. fine, if people don't want to say (when asked-what's your religion/ethnicity)....ok...what can i do ? (...but sorry the person is SO embarrassed about it) i guess to understand where "people are coming from" I like to know.... religion/ethnicity/descent..........(if any)........

so, are you muslim coyote ? just wondering. like, Irose for instance, I asked her what her ethnicity was...she never answered. is she from polish descent, arab, german...etc. guess she's embarrassed about it. didn't realize such things (what are you?) is such a secret...

You do it strategically.

this is an excellent article. i have been saying or a few years now that the palestinians cannot fight this conflict using mideastern methods and that it will be won on the streets and ccampuses of america using western values and nuance to make their points.

for far to long that has been the forte of the zionists but as the pro-palestinian people learn these new ways of communicating these feelings, the zionist tactics actually work against their own objectives.

when a tide starts to turn, it turns, and the tide is starting to turn.

long ago i adopted iman darweesh al-hams just so one arab child who became a victim of this conflict would not be forgotten among the countless names...and there is always faris odeh, my heart. he reminds me of someone.

i remember a quote on a tombstone in the children's section..."give to these children, new from the world, silence and love."

it will do.

Does one have to be Muslim to speak up at the sadness of death to any child from any country or religion or race?

If so..then I guess I am muslim.

THE problem was that most citizens of the Western nations, Americans especially, were too mis-informed and uninformed to do the pushing. In other words, because they had been conditioned by Zionist propaganda, peddled without question by the mainstream media, most citizens were too ignorant to make their democracies work for justice and peace in the Middle East.

So my starting point was the belief that the real conflict is an information war between Zionism’s masters of deception on the one side and the truth tellers on the other.

The truth tellers were few in number but among those who produced major truth-telling works (books) were Jews of real integrity including, for example, the Jewish-American Alfred M. Lilienthal, the first two Israeli “revisionist” meaning honest historians – Avi Shlaim and Ilan Pappe, the Jewish-American Norman Finkelstein and Auschwitz survivor Hajo Meyer. (In such company the Gentile me felt secure in the frontline trenches of the war for truth. There was also comfort in knowing that we were taking on Zionism from the moral high ground).

Over the last 20 years or so, with their books, articles and public speaking, the truth tellers have made an impact but not on a big enough scale to change the outcome of the war.
Now isn't that strange, Yousef Mohammed, that the media in the U.S. and Europe don't seem to cover the Christians, Buddhists and Hindus who are being killed in the Muslim world. You either get the news from sources operating in the areas like Dawn.com or the Times of India or from the religious groups working in the areas. I don't think Yousef Mohammed or Alan Hart really give a darn as to what is happening to these innocent people. Yousef probably doesn't care about those who are being persecuted in his native country.

Does one have to be Muslim to speak up at the sadness of death to any child from any country or religion or race?

All one has to do to try to help Muslim children from dying is to open his or her wallet or pocketbook and send money to UNICEF or other relief organizations. Are you giving anything, Gracie, or do you just feel sad for only one group of Muslim children and overlook all those other Muslim children in need before they die of starvation? And, it certainly looks like Gracie is overlooking the children who are murdered by Muslims. Tell us, Gracie, can you give us a ballpark figure of how many children, both Christians and Muslims, have been killed in the Syrian civil war so far. Perhaps you know how many children have died when the Sunnis have bombed the Shiites and Ahmadis in Pakistan.

29,000 Somali children under 5 dead in famine - World news - Africa - Somalia | NBC News

i'm new here...some things i don't know.

You've been here over a year. You are not new.

fine, if people don't want to say (when asked-what's your religion/ethnicity)....ok...what can i do ? (...but sorry the person is SO embarrassed about it) i guess to understand where "people are coming from" I like to know.... religion/ethnicity/descent..........(if any).......
so, are you muslim coyote ? just wondering.

Nope. "just wondering"........why...............it should matter?

like, Irose for instance, I asked her what her ethnicity was...she never answered. is she from polish descent, arab, german...etc. guess she's embarrassed about it. didn't realize such things (what are you?) is such a secret...

It's so no secret :) All you have to do is ask. I am of no organized religious denomination though maybe Unitarian comes closest. My ethnicity is muttly. Welsh, Danish, Norwegian and a sprinkling of other ingredients including horse thieves, politicians (that didn't win), actresses and artists and other strange people. Part of my family tree (Mormon) tends to become excommunicated at one point or another before becoming to entrenched in a religion the other part included by blood or marriage: Episcopal, Methodist, Russian Orthodox, Catholic, Jewish.

Is that enough of an ethnic identification that you can now label me? :cool:

You do it strategically.

this is an excellent article. i have been saying or a few years now that the palestinians cannot fight this conflict using mideastern methods and that it will be won on the streets and ccampuses of america using western values and nuance to make their points.

for far to long that has been the forte of the zionists but as the pro-palestinian people learn these new ways of communicating these feelings, the zionist tactics actually work against their own objectives.

when a tide starts to turn, it turns, and the tide is starting to turn.

long ago i adopted iman darweesh al-hams just so one arab child who became a victim of this conflict would not be forgotten among the countless names...and there is always faris odeh, my heart. he reminds me of someone.

i remember a quote on a tombstone in the children's section..."give to these children, new from the world, silence and love."

it will do.

I agree - I thought that the writer made excellant points (the whole article is worth reading) - people have names and stories and a place in the community that needs to be remembered - whether it's an 8 yr old little boy in Boston, a 2 year old toddler in Israel, or a 6 year old arab boy in Hebron. The Arabs (and for that manner, Israeli's) need to reach out in empathy to all these children, as if they were their own and denounce the violence that kills them not excuse it - if they want the world to embrace their losses and join them.

There is a song that is always in the back of my mind, writtten by Bill Danoff: The Potters Wheel (the best version is sung by Bill, but John Denver made it famous)

The world is fast becoming younger
The news is all they've ever known
They've seen the wars, the hurt, the hunger
How will they choose when they are grown

What do you tell forevers children
When its their turn to hurt and heal
Whatever spins a grim tornedo
Can also turn a potters wheel

Take a little clay
Put it on a wheel
Get a little hint
How God must feel

Give a little turn
Listen to a spin
Make it into the shape
You want it in

Tell with your life the bloody story
Teach to their dreams not burning steel
Its not in bombs where lies the glory
But in whats shattered on the field

The potters wheel takes love and caring
Skill and patience fast and slow
The works it makes are easily broken
Once they survive the potters throw...

You do it strategically.

i'm new here...some things i don't know. fine, if people don't want to say (when asked-what's your religion/ethnicity)....ok...what can i do ? (...but sorry the person is SO embarrassed about it) i guess to understand where "people are coming from" I like to know.... religion/ethnicity/descent..........(if any)........

so, are you muslim coyote ? just wondering. like, Irose for instance, I asked her what her ethnicity was...she never answered. is she from polish descent, arab, german...etc. guess she's embarrassed about it. didn't realize such things (what are you?) is such a secret...

What is with all the information gatherers on this board? Very odd. We've got where did you come from, what is your ethnicity, where do you live, what is your religion, what are your favorite movies, where are you planning to go this summer, list 5 things people would be surprised to learn about you threads and now this! lol! Do you people work for the government or what? What is your story and why do you ask so many ot questions?

What is your motive in wanting personal information about posters on usmessage board?

Last edited:

i wasn't asking YOU if you were muslim. so, there was no need to chime in. mind your own business.

Look who's talking here! Why don't you mind your own business and stop asking posters on this board personal questions that are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

I think there is much truth to the observation that the Palis need better public relations.

What is with all the information gatherers on this board? Very odd. We've got where did you come from, what is your ethnicity, where do you live, what is your religion, what are your favorite movies, where are you planning to go this summer, list 5 things people would be surprised to learn about you threads and now this! lol! Do you people work for the government or what? What is your story and why do you ask so many ot questions?

What is your motive in wanting personal information about posters on usmessage board?

shhhhhh.....:eusa_shhh:

It's a secret.

Alan Hart = Nutjob / 9-11 truther / anti Semite, so your post was sent down the internet flush.

fine, if people don't want to say (when asked-what's your religion/ethnicity)....ok...what can i do ? (...but sorry the person is SO embarrassed about it) i guess to understand where "people are coming from" I like to know.... religion/ethnicity/descent..........(if any).......
so, are you muslim coyote ? just wondering.

like, Irose for instance, I asked her what her ethnicity was...she never answered. is she from polish descent, arab, german...etc. guess she's embarrassed about it. didn't realize such things (what are you?) is such a secret...

It's so no secret :) All you have to do is ask. I am of no organized religious denomination though maybe Unitarian comes closest. My ethnicity is muttly. Welsh, Danish, Norwegian and a sprinkling of other ingredients including horse thieves, politicians (that didn't win), actresses and artists and other strange people. Part of my family tree (Mormon) tends to become excommunicated at one point or another before becoming to entrenched in a religion the other part included by blood or marriage: Episcopal, Methodist, Russian Orthodox, Catholic, Jewish.

"Is that enough of an ethnic identification that you can now label me?" :cool:

even before this, i already labeled you: you're a terrorist apologist. i had noticed (awhile ago) alot of people from england are like that..........staunch anti-israel, pro-pali-hamasss...

"Al queda is an organization."

sorry, can wrap my head around that one either. Between you, and that, that ptfinkmore, sherri, joschivoso....sealadetonate..............

shrug2.gif

"Is that enough of an ethnic identification that you can now label me?" :cool:

even before this, i already labeled you: you're a terrorist apologist. i had noticed (awhile ago) alot of people from england are like that..........staunch anti-israel, pro-pali-hamasss...

"Al queda is an organization."

sorry, can wrap my head around that one either. Between you, and that, that ptfinkmore, sherri, joschivoso....sealadetonate..............

shrug2.gif

I'm sure you feel secure in your labeling. If it helps you to better interact with the world at large, then go for it. Personally, I find people usually defy labeling, particularly when you haven't interacted with them enough to know them or you lack the ability to read beyond the first line of a post.

Do you think I'm English?

And, if Al Queda is "not an organization" - could you please inform the various internet sites, encycopedias/wikopedia, dictionaries and the US and foreign governments that it is NOT an organization? That might help correct the vast misconceptions concerning Al Queda ;)

who ever said he asked my about my ethnicity-----either
did not do so----or I missed it. In fact I have posted
information about my ethnicity---many many times----
parents born in the USA-----grandmothers USA and LONDON--
grandfathers somewhere in the AUSTRIAN HAPSBURG EMPIRE---

they thought marzipan and apricot jam belonged on cake

true blue jew------back to moses

who ever said he asked my about my ethnicity-----either
did not do so----or I missed it. In fact I have posted
information about my ethnicity---many many times----
parents born in the USA-----grandmothers USA and LONDON--
grandfathers somewhere in the AUSTRIAN HAPSBURG EMPIRE---