The Presbyterian Church votes to declare Israel an apartheid state

My policy is to keep all religions at arm's length and when they stray out of their lane and into politics I jump in their shit with both feet.....Lots of that goes on at the local level most folks are unaware of.

Religion has always been political... Way back to the old testament.

Religion has always been political... Way back to the old testament.

Far more in other religions. The Egyptian Pharaohs were both the heads of state and the religious leaders of their country. Much like Iran is these days. They do have a Supreme Leader, but their Ayatollah has the final say over all governmental matters in the country.

Or the Vatican, for that matter. The Pope is both the political and spiritual leader.

Last edited:
The church's vote wasn't politically motivated.
It was about pointing out Israel's blatant and ongoing injustice.
So you don’t see the activities of Hamas as terrorism In the least.

How would you feel if you lived in El Paso and the Mexican drug cartels were launching hundreds of rockets into your city?

Far more in other religions. The Egyptian Pharaohs were both the heads of state and the religious leaders of their country. Much like Iran is these days. They do have a Supreme Leader, but their Ayatollah has the final say over all governmental matters in the country.

Or the Vatican, for that matter. The Pope is both the political and spiritual leader.

I thought we were talking about Judaism and Christianity. They have always been political.

So you don’t see the activities of Hamas as terrorism In the least.

How would you feel if you lived in El Paso and the Mexican drug cartels were launching hundreds of rockets into your city?

HAMAS wasn't around until the mid 1980s. The Israelis supported them as a foil against the PLO. HAMAS couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

I agree that Jesus was apolitical. Israel is about Jewish nationalism. Facts are facts.

I have no problem with Jewish nationalism. You guys are girls should consider yourselves lucky that they don't want back what God gave Abram, in Genesis.

1657998067980.png

I have no problem with Jewish nationalism. You guys are girls should consider yourselves lucky that they don't want back what God gave Abram, in Genesis.

View attachment 670974

That's nonsense. Israel never had Sina or Northern Arabia. They never had Lebanon or Syria. They were always a vassal state and later a client province of the Roman empire.

That's nonsense. Israel never had Sina or Northern Arabia. They never had Lebanon or Syria. They were always a vassal state and later a client province of the Roman empire.

I didn't say Israel posessed that already. That was a promise from God. At no point in history has Israel controlled all of the land God had specified. There remains a final fulfillment of the Abrahamic Covenant that will see Israel occupying their God-given homeland to the fullest extent. This will come to be at some point in the future.

I didn't say Israel posessed that already. That was a promise from God. At no point in history has Israel controlled all of the land God had specified. There remains a final fulfillment of the Abrahamic Covenant that will see Israel occupying their God-given homeland to the fullest extent. This will come to be at some point in the future.

That's not what they were promised.Vy

It's going to get real crowded.

Forum List

Back