The President Speaks Of Hope For The Future

Here's a question I don't expect an honest answer to: How many of the people being smug about successfully tricking people, rightwinger Pogo kiwiman127 , were privately contacted by Statistik and informed that the quotes were from Eisenhower and not Obama?

Here's a question I don't expect an honest answer to: How many of the people being smug about successfully tricking people, rightwinger Pogo kiwiman127 , were privately contacted by Statistik and informed that the quotes were from Eisenhower and not Obama?

I *always* Google quotes. That's why I'm always ragging on Steve McRacist about his bogus sigline quotes. And several other posters. It's amazing how often it turns up here. Fake LBJ quotes... fake Washington/Jefferson/Madison quotes... fake O'bama quotes... fake Churchill quotes.... fake Lincoln quotes....

We knew all about it
So there you go. You had to be informed beforehand otherwise you also would have been duped, therefore your condescension is unwarranted.

What a shame that Conservatives hate Dwight D. Eisenhower so much, he really was a great president.

I just guess no one outside of Jesus himself will be Conservative enough for todays Conservatives...

The venom and hatred of the right towards President Eisenhower in this thread is surprising

This thread all goes to show exactly how blind hate is.:blues:
No, this thread shows very little, actually. It is one of the most intellectually dishonest and bankrupt threads in recent memory. We have an OP, and others, pretending that people were protesting the words of a quote, rather than the person that the OP was pretending said the quote, as if context is unimportant. We have an OP who was completely unwilling to engage in any discussion with any meaningful or well thought out critique of the person he was pretending said the quote, and rather simply sat around mocking the low-hanging fruit.

The most that can be said for this thread is that those of us who were duped, and we were, should have known better and Googled the quotes.

Actually Kevin, I agree with your last sentence.
There were plenty of posters who assumed the quotes were that of Obama and then let their hate take over. Stat never implied it was Obama, people assumed the quotes were by Obama.
The act of assuming. Looking back, the behavior of those who were punked, reminds me of all those who come here everyday armed with nothing but hyper-partisan talking points and run with it over and over again. It happens often and by both sides of the aisle. I can't tell you how many times hyper-partisan talking points end up getting debunked because certain qualifiers are intentionally left out.
That's where Google (or some other search tool) comes into play. When I am here on USMB, Google comes into play constantly. Doing some research using non-partisan resources involves not much work and it sure helps avoiding punking oneself. I know I have burned myself by being lazy and assumptive. I hate it when I humiliate myself.
Look at the title of the thread and then read the 1st post. Almost 100% of readers would assume it meant Obama said them. All because the quotes didnt reference the author of the quotes, which I believe is one of the rules of USMB. Also nobody disputed the quotes. You liberal pukes go ahead with your juvenile 'gotcha' posts.
Plus, going back to post #1 and reading the first couple pages, the rest of the wingnuts were clued in to the whole thing. In reading their replies and smirky remarks, I know not one of them have the brains not to be fooled either if the shoe was on the other foot..

We knew all about it
So there you go. You had to be informed beforehand otherwise you also would have been duped, therefore your condescension is unwarranted.

So ---- your lack of cynicism is our fault?

We knew all about it

Not at all. You simply have no leg to stand on in judging those of us who were fooled, because if you had not been informed beforehand you likely would have made the same assumptions.

What a shame that Conservatives hate Dwight D. Eisenhower so much, he really was a great president.

I just guess no one outside of Jesus himself will be Conservative enough for todays Conservatives...

The venom and hatred of the right towards President Eisenhower in this thread is surprising

No, this thread shows very little, actually. It is one of the most intellectually dishonest and bankrupt threads in recent memory. We have an OP, and others, pretending that people were protesting the words of a quote, rather than the person that the OP was pretending said the quote, as if context is unimportant. We have an OP who was completely unwilling to engage in any discussion with any meaningful or well thought out critique of the person he was pretending said the quote, and rather simply sat around mocking the low-hanging fruit.

The most that can be said for this thread is that those of us who were duped, and we were, should have known better and Googled the quotes.

There were plenty of posters who assumed the quotes were that of Obama and then let their hate take over. Stat never implied it was Obama, people assumed the quotes were by Obama.
The act of assuming. Looking back, the behavior of those who were punked, reminds me of all those who come here everyday armed with nothing but hyper-partisan talking points and run with it over and over again. It happens often and by both sides of the aisle. I can't tell you how many times hyper-partisan talking points end up getting debunked because certain qualifiers are intentionally left out.
That's where Google (or some other search tool) comes into play. When I am here on USMB, Google comes into play constantly. Doing some research using non-partisan resources involves not much work and it sure helps avoiding punking oneself. I know I have burned myself by being lazy and assumptive. I hate it when I humiliate myself.
Except that mistakenly assuming that Obama said those things, and then pointing out that Obama doesn't actually believe them, has nothing to do with being a blind partisan. Obama's actions don't fall in line with the principles espoused in those quotes, I would say neither does Eisenhower's, but that's irrelevant, and pointing that out is simply pointing out facts. Now we pointed out those facts based on a false assumption, but they're still facts regardless.
No. Its merely your opinion that Pres. Obama does not believe the content of the quotes which you now know are actually from Pres. Eisenhower. That very sentence of yours proved the point of this experiment, namely that the hatred of Obama from the Right and their blank assumptions about him cloud their judgement even over the most innocuous of quotes. So, thanks for supporting my argument.

PS. No USMB rules were broken with the creation of the OP. I provided 2 historically correct quotes and attributed them to a POTUS. My oh my, when Righties get upset, they literally beg for the nanny state to intercede. Why, Rightwinger made a similar thread using a Reagan quote about eliminating nuclear weapons and the Right went totally apoplectic. He too broke no USMB rules. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

We knew all about it

Not at all. You simply have no leg to stand on in judging those of us who were fooled, because if you had not been informed beforehand you likely would have made the same assumptions.

Speculation fallacy, and way off the mark anyway. See post 284.

You win a seegar, wingnut.
You, of all people, calling someone a wingnut is rich :rofl:

All you people proved that you are low-info, rw sheeple

President Obama was right- if his name is attached to something, Repubs automatically hate it.
"If you were half as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't be half as smart as I think you are."
~~Linus to Lucy

We knew all about it

No, not really

Did you bother to read the quote or did the fact that you attributed it to Obama cloud your view? It does not read like something Obama would say. I kept dropping hints that this is rightwing rhetoric but you wouldn't buy it

I am the king of getting rightwing assholes to attack a quote by one of their idols...I am not that gullible

I guess hate opens you guys up to it

Except that mistakenly assuming that Obama said those things, and then pointing out that Obama doesn't actually believe them, has nothing to do with being a blind partisan. Obama's actions don't fall in line with the principles espoused in those quotes, I would say neither does Eisenhower's, but that's irrelevant, and pointing that out is simply pointing out facts. Now we pointed out those facts based on a false assumption, but they're still facts regardless.
No. Its merely your opinion that Pres. Obama does not believe the content of the quotes which you now know are actually from Pres. Eisenhower. That very sentence of yours proved the point of this experiment, namely that the hatred of Obama from the Right and their blank assumptions about him cloud their judgement even over the most innocuous of quotes. So, thanks for supporting my argument.

PS. No USMB rules were broken with the creation of the OP. I provided 2 historically correct quotes and attributed them to a POTUS. My oh my, when Righties get upset, they literally beg for the nanny state to intercede. Why, Rightwinger made a similar thread using a Reagan quote about eliminating nuclear weapons and the Right went totally apoplectic. He too broke no USMB rules. ..

What kills me is Rabbi tried the same thing with a Hitler quote, early in this thread ------ and still didn't figure out that he was doing the same thing the OP did. :rofl:

Post 21:

So close and yet so far...

No. Its merely your opinion that Pres. Osama does not believe the content of the quotes which you now know are actually from Pres. Eisenhower. That very sentence of yours proved the point of this experiment, namely that the hatred of Obama from the Right and their blank assumptions about him cloud their judgement even over the most innocuous of quotes. So, thanks for supporting my argument.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Beg for the nanny-state to intercede? Where? Did I say you broke any rules or report you to the mods? Nope. I don't want you banned or removed or anything. More dishonesty on your part.

I provided several posts proving Obama's policies are completely at odds with the quotes in question. That you were unable to respond to them, and so completely ignored them, says nothing about me.

We knew all about it

Speculation fallacy, and way off the mark anyway. See post 284.
Sure, maybe you would have googled it, or maybe you just never would've checked the thread at all. Regardless, you were informed beforehand. Can't really take you seriously because of that.

The salient point is that no one, outside the fever swamp, believes what the president says any more.

You win a seegar, wingnut.
You, of all people, calling someone a wingnut is rich :rofl:

All you people proved that you are low-info, rw sheeple

President Obama was right- if his name is attached to something, Repubs automatically hate it.

This from a far left Obama drone. Vote for worse than Bush twice and is proud of their programmed stance in the far left religion.

We knew all about it

No, not really

Did you bother to read the quote or did the fact that you attributed it to Obama cloud your view? It does not read like something Obama would say. I kept dropping hints that this is rightwing rhetoric but you wouldn't buy it

I am the king of getting rightwing assholes to attack a quote by one of their idols...I am not that gullible

I guess hate opens you guys up to it
Eisenhower is not one of my idols, as I said before I would argue that he doesn't believe the ideals expressed in that quote either. It's irrelevant, however. You had to be informed, and so are in no position to judge those of us who were not informed.

Forum List

Back