The President Speaks Of Hope For The Future

Nope, we've only questioned the hypocrisy of the man who said it.

So, you think that Ike was a hypocrite??

Tsk, tsk.

Golly,you are really quite awed by yourself,aren't you.

You took a quote and falsely implied that Obama said it and decided that it made you "clever". ;)

This thread was never about me, but it has often been my experience in USMB that whacked out RWNJs, like yourself, for instance, get all emotional when their logic fails them. And then they attack the person instead of discussing the idea.

I never once said that those two quotes in posting no. 1 were from Obama. Not even once. You are living in a fantasy world.
And you have FAILED to show PROOF that ANYBODY SAID ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE CONTENT OF THE MESSAGE VS THE CHARACTER OF THE PERSON THEY THOUGHT SAID IT.

Not once did anyone say anything bad about the content of the message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unclog that dense brain of yours.

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Great words, deep words. I was awed when I just read his words.

Thank you, Mr. President!

About as deep as a Dixie cup.
Never figured your threshold for being awed was so low.

I see you are coming late to the party, you may find a surprise or two.
mmmmmmmmmmm

mebbe I'll get a chance to catch up later...

Enjoy the thread... and the nice twist in the middle. :)

The middle? I called you out on post # 50 and #385 and you ignored both of them.
Go figure....

I don't believe I was talking to you, or is your name suddenly booth?

Hmmmm....

mmmmmmmmmmm

The middle? I called you out on post # 50 and #385 and you ignored both of them.
Go figure....

Hmmmm....
I was speaking to you when I asked for your proof that someone said something bad about the content of the message and not simply the character of the person they thought said it, namely Obama. And you keep ignoring me. Thus your thread fails.

mmmmmmmmmmm

Go figure....

Hmmmm....

And you ignore them once again with a lame ass dodge.
So typical...

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

So far, so good!

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine."

Not bad!

"As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Change that to "As their heirs, may I never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

And we have a winner. Kudos to Valerie Jarrett for writing this for Obama.

There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

It is a great quote that will be remembered for 50 years

I bet it will be remembered for far longer than 50 years.

"If you like your Doctor you can keep him, period." will be remembered a lot longer.

:wtf:

What could you possibly object to in:
There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."
I don't object to the words. What I object to is he doesn't adhere to them. He's a slippery, evil POS and he has made the Pied Piper look like a hero.

Well, I respect your opinon, but I do not share it.

And as usual, the right has to resort to insults and name-calling, because they really can't back up what they say. Saying they heard it on Faux News doesn't cover it anymore.
Calling a spade a spade is not name calling, Mertex. One question, though. Does anyone know anything about this man? Every President we've had has been catalogued from birth to death except this one. Why is everything in his life a closely guarded secret? Why have people made statements, revealed information and next day say they made a mistake. Something fishy there
I am unaware of any secrets. His life is an open book and he is respected around the world as a great American

What were his grades at Harvard? His life is the book{s} he wrote about himself. I could be the greatest thing since loaf bread if I wrote a book about me and said I was.

I don't object to the words. What I object to is he doesn't adhere to them. He's a slippery, evil POS and he has made the Pied Piper look like a hero.

Well, I respect your opinon, but I do not share it.

And as usual, the right has to resort to insults and name-calling, because they really can't back up what they say. Saying they heard it on Faux News doesn't cover it anymore.
Calling a spade a spade is not name calling, Mertex. One question, though. Does anyone know anything about this man? Every President we've had has been catalogued from birth to death except this one. Why is everything in his life a closely guarded secret? Why have people made statements, revealed information and next day say they made a mistake. Something fishy there
I am unaware of any secrets. His life is an open book and he is respected around the world as a great American

What were his grades at Harvard? His life is the book{s} he wrote about himself. I could be the greatest thing since loaf bread if I wrote a book about me and said I was.

Nigga is ashamed and won't show us.

Now I know you're trolling...

There are schools in France and England that are named after him
Gaza City names their streets and schools after suicide bombers. That's more profound.

What, more profound than naming things after this president??

I don't know.....maybe putting him on a coin or something
I'm thinking the dollar

I bet you top dollar that could happen!

I suggest a new coin that would reflect his worth. A 2 cent coin sounds about right to me.

There are schools in France and England that are named after him
Gaza City names their streets and schools after suicide bombers. That's more profound.

What, more profound than naming things after this president??

I don't know.....maybe putting him on a coin or something
I'm thinking the dollar

I bet you top dollar that could happen!

I suggest a new coin that would reflect his worth. A 2 cent coin sounds about right to me.

And a mint run of about a buck forty...

Not at all. You simply have no leg to stand on in judging those of us who were fooled, because if you had not been informed beforehand you likely would have made the same assumptions.

This place absolutely screams for cynicism and checking what's being said. That's how we busted bogus fake-news stories on "Isis beheading Christians" and "Girl suspended from school for saying 'bless you'". It's the whole reason I created this thread a while back. It's full of 'em.

The moral of the story: "do your homework". Know what you're talking about. If that lesson has impressed any of the dupees here this thread has served a productive purpose.
Again, there's no question that I, among others, should have googled the quotes. Fully and freely admitted. My bad. That you were in on the con, however, hardly qualifies you to judge the reaction of those who were not. That you also deny that there was any dishonesty from the OP or from those who perpetuated the duplicity is laughable, however.
Only, the OP was anything but duplicitous. I am not responsible for your lack of concentration or discernment. Personal responsibility and all that jazz. Lovely display of butthurt.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
I've said on many occasions that I'm responsible for not googling the quote myself. It was, however, your intent for people to make the assumption that I made, and the fact that you did not bother correcting anybody when they made that assumption proves your intention was to trick people. This is a textbook example of duplicity on your part. Furthermore, you then dishonestly made the claim that people, for mistakenly criticizing Obama for the hypocritical statement, were in fact criticizing the person who actually made the statement, President Eisenhower. For some reason you think quotes in and of themselves should be taken completely in a vacuum without context of the character or actions of the person giving the quote.

Oh, no, no, no. No duplicity. Cleverness, yes. Duplicity, no. As for the claims people have made, they are here on this thread for all to read. Fascinating.
"contradictory doubleness of thought, speech, or action; especially : the belying of one's true intentions by deceptive words or action "

Duplicity - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Deceptive words. Like I said, textbook example. You, however, have failed to demonstrate that anybody insulted Eisenhower, or that anybody was simply attacking Obama rather than the perceived hypocrisy of the words incorrectly attributed to him.

Again, there's no question that I, among others, should have googled the quotes. Fully and freely admitted. My bad. That you were in on the con, however, hardly qualifies you to judge the reaction of those who were not. That you also deny that there was any dishonesty from the OP or from those who perpetuated the duplicity is laughable, however.

I've invited you at least three times to illustrate where this "dishonesty" is. Now what am I gonna do with all these crickets?

And again --- how is your assumption the fault of somebody else?

And what reaction did I judge? The assumption you just admitted to?

These are the questions of our time... :eusa_think:
Quote a single instance when someone argued against the text of the message and not the person who they thought made the message for being a hypocrite if that is what he actually said, which he didn't.

Nu-uuh. KK made the claim this thread was "dishonest" and "lying" --- it's on HIM to make that case, not on me to make the opposite.
Note how Pogo keeps insisting that I show where there was dishonesty in this thread, and then dishonestly ignores the fact that I've done so on several occasions.

Nope. I only notice the first part. What I asked was -- who ascribed these various quotes and comments to O'bama?
No, you said I failed to make the case that this thread was dishonest. I made that case multiple times, and then even cataloged those cases in a single post. You simply ignored them.

They didn't call him "no drama Obama" in college for nothing. They are just cleverly put together words possibly authored by former domestic terrorist Bill Ayers who is alleged to have ghost written Barry Hussein's bio. They are just words to Obama. The man has no soul.

So, you think the quotes are actually from Bill Ayers? Really??
Can you give me one Obama accomplishment?

Well, let's see, in spite of an obstinate Republican Congress......he was able to pass ACA.....as we now call it Obamacare, because Obama does care. Bush was in there for 8 years and what did he accomplish? Two worthless wars, 4000+ Americans sacrificed, 3000+ died on 9/11 due to his inattention, and he put the country in the toilet in 2008...there are a whole lot more things that Obama accomplished, but for now, I think he's got Bush beat badly.

So far, so good!

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine."

Not bad!

"As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Change that to "As their heirs, may I never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

And we have a winner. Kudos to Valerie Jarrett for writing this for Obama.
Too Tall, I agree with you that Obama could not have written that and he did not. It was Eisenhower. Don't give Obama credit for selecting anyone that could write that well on his staff.

You and Chris tingling :cuckoo:

Faith, love of freedom, intelligence, energy of her citizens, and responsible/trustworthy leadership. Obama and his cronies must go.

So, I am confused. Do you agree or disagree with the quote of the President?

Its a sad thing to see someone who is so emotionally attached to a politician..unbelievable

Faith, love of freedom, intelligence, energy of her citizens, and responsible/trustworthy leadership. Obama and his cronies must go.

So, I am confused. Do you agree or disagree with the quote of the President?

Its a sad thing to see someone who is so emotionally attached to a politician..unbelievable

Yanno, that's exactly what I keep saying about Fox Noise and Lush Rimjob.
Weird, innit?

Forum List

Back