The President Speaks Of Hope For The Future

Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yes, you really are stupid and/or afflicted with mental illness. See a doctor.

I thought you were going away once you so graciously conceded.

So, not only are you a fascist, you are a lying fascist. THANKS for clearing that up.
Im not the one approvingly quoting the biggest threat to democracy this country has seen for 50 years.

So, you are saying that the President, who said these words, is the "biggest threat to democracy this country has seen for 50 years"?
I realize you have trouble reading and making appropriate conclusions, because you're stupid. But yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

No, little fascist, just wanted your exact words on record. Thank you.

"on record" really LOL

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Great words, deep words. I was awed when I just read his words.

Thank you, Mr. President!

Why yes, our 'Conservatives' here have great hope for the future. They hope that ebola spreads and they can make political hay out of it. They hope for an economic debacle at least as great as the one they created in 2008, so that we will forget that one. They hope for more Americans out of work, and homeless, so they can blame that on the President.

They hope that ebola spreads and they can make political hay out of it

since when is van jones a conservative

Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Shoot he got me...Should have known Obama would never say anything like that:eusa_doh:

i wouldnt put it past the prezbo to rip off a few lines here and there

Nope, we've only questioned the hypocrisy of the man who said it.

So, you think that Ike was a hypocrite??

Tsk, tsk.

Golly,you are really quite awed by yourself,aren't you.

You took a quote and falsely implied that Obama said it and decided that it made you "clever". ;)

This thread was never about me, but it has often been my experience in USMB that whacked out RWNJs, like yourself, for instance, get all emotional when their logic fails them. And then they attack the person instead of discussing the idea.

I never once said that those two quotes in posting no. 1 were from Obama. Not even once. You are living in a fantasy world.
And you have FAILED to show PROOF that ANYBODY SAID ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE CONTENT OF THE MESSAGE VS THE CHARACTER OF THE PERSON THEY THOUGHT SAID IT.

Not once did anyone say anything bad about the content of the message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unclog that dense brain of yours.

Actually, both things happened, and the evidence is all over the thread. Now, put on your reading glasses, little sly one.

"There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure."

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

So far, so good!

"Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine."

Not bad!

"As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Change that to "As their heirs, may I never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

And we have a winner. Kudos to Valerie Jarrett for writing this for Obama.

Oh, I see you came late to the party!

:rofl:

This place absolutely screams for cynicism and checking what's being said. That's how we busted bogus fake-news stories on "Isis beheading Christians" and "Girl suspended from school for saying 'bless you'". It's the whole reason I created this thread a while back. It's full of 'em.

The moral of the story: "do your homework". Know what you're talking about. If that lesson has impressed any of the dupees here this thread has served a productive purpose.
Again, there's no question that I, among others, should have googled the quotes. Fully and freely admitted. My bad. That you were in on the con, however, hardly qualifies you to judge the reaction of those who were not. That you also deny that there was any dishonesty from the OP or from those who perpetuated the duplicity is laughable, however.
Only, the OP was anything but duplicitous. I am not responsible for your lack of concentration or discernment. Personal responsibility and all that jazz. Lovely display of butthurt.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
I've said on many occasions that I'm responsible for not googling the quote myself. It was, however, your intent for people to make the assumption that I made, and the fact that you did not bother correcting anybody when they made that assumption proves your intention was to trick people. This is a textbook example of duplicity on your part. Furthermore, you then dishonestly made the claim that people, for mistakenly criticizing Obama for the hypocritical statement, were in fact criticizing the person who actually made the statement, President Eisenhower. For some reason you think quotes in and of themselves should be taken completely in a vacuum without context of the character or actions of the person giving the quote.

Oh, no, no, no. No duplicity. Cleverness, yes. Duplicity, no. As for the claims people have made, they are here on this thread for all to read. Fascinating.
"contradictory doubleness of thought, speech, or action; especially : the belying of one's true intentions by deceptive words or action "

Duplicity - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Deceptive words. Like I said, textbook example. You, however, have failed to demonstrate that anybody insulted Eisenhower, or that anybody was simply attacking Obama rather than the perceived hypocrisy of the words incorrectly attributed to him.

Not one word of the OP was deceptive. Not one single word.

You just didn't pay attention and now you are all upset because you stuck your foot in your mouth - repeatedly.

:lol:

You and Chris tingling :cuckoo:

Ahhh, you also came too late to the party, I see....

:rofl:

Obumble, the Failed Messiah, can serve-up pretty verbiage all day long, 'til the cows come home, but it's not gonna save his ass. He's had six years in-office and by now most of the country is praying for January 20, 2017 to get here quickly, before The Beast can do too much more damage to the Republic and its People.

I thought you were going away once you so graciously conceded.

So, not only are you a fascist, you are a lying fascist. THANKS for clearing that up.
Im not the one approvingly quoting the biggest threat to democracy this country has seen for 50 years.

So, you are saying that the President, who said these words, is the "biggest threat to democracy this country has seen for 50 years"?
I realize you have trouble reading and making appropriate conclusions, because you're stupid. But yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

No, little fascist, just wanted your exact words on record. Thank you.

"on record" really LOL

YEPP.

GRIN.

Obumble, the Failed Messiah, can serve-up pretty verbiage all day long, 'til the cows come home, but it's not gonna save his ass. He's had six years in-office and by now most of the country is praying for January 20, 2017 to get here quickly, before The Beast can do too much more damage to the Republic and its People.

I see you are also coming late to the party, which is just fine.... keep reading, keep reading.... :lol:

Hell we're still waiting for him to stop seas rising and walk on them

he reminds me of a one of those snake oil selling preachers.

Scary for us many people feel for this

Last edited:

Faith, love of freedom, intelligence, energy of her citizens, and responsible/trustworthy leadership. Obama and his cronies must go.

So, I am confused. Do you agree or disagree with the quote of the President?

Its a sad thing to see someone who is so emotionally attached to a politician..unbelievable

Funny you should say that....

Have you seen this?

"The mob characteristic most gustily exhibited by liberals is the tendency to worship and idolize their political leaders. Le Bon explained that mobs can only grasp the “very simple and very exaggerated.” Their chosen images must be absolute and uncompromising… As Le Bon says, the “primitive” black-and-white emotions of a crowd slip easily into “infatuation for an individual.” Liberals worship so many political deities that they must refer to them by initials, just to save time- FDR, JFK, RFK, MLK, LBJ, and O.J. Ever hear a conservative get weepy about “RWR” or refer to something as hokey as “Camelot”? Passionate adoration are the primitive emotions of a mob, sentiments generally associated with women, children, and savages, according to Le Bon. "
Coulter, "Demonic," chapter two.

Faith, love of freedom, intelligence, energy of her citizens, and responsible/trustworthy leadership. Obama and his cronies must go.

Its a sad thing to see someone who is so emotionally attached to a politician..unbelievable

Have you seen this?

"The mob characteristic most gustily exhibited by liberals is the tendency to worship and idolize their political leaders. Le Bon explained that mobs can only grasp the “very simple and very exaggerated.” Their chosen images must be absolute and uncompromising… As Le Bon says, the “primitive” black-and-white emotions of a crowd slip easily into “infatuation for an individual.” Liberals worship so many political deities that they must refer to them by initials, just to save time- FDR, JFK, RFK, MLK, LBJ, and O.J. Ever hear a conservative get weepy about “RWR” or refer to something as hokey as “Camelot”? Passionate adoration are the primitive emotions of a mob, sentiments generally associated with women, children, and savages, according to Le Bon. "

Not the subject of the OP. Are you even able to focus on an OP at all?

Have you seen this?

Not the subject of the OP. Are you even able to focus on an OP at all?

Hurt, huh?

Forum List

Back