The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

The same way he inherits anthrax attacks. Which like totally like causes the economy to like totally crash.
Never the less these EVENTS occurred!
But dummies like you seem to have forgotten them.
Because GWB had these events to contend with and these EVENTS would have caused long term damage to our economy, our people our country if he
hadn't been the leader he was remember he had at one time the highest approval rating George W. Bush Average: September 2001 - 90% Approval Rating
Presidents By the Numbers: The Highest And Lowest Approval Ratings Post World War II

And this was before the BIASED MSM began bludgeoning GWB about Iraq along with traitors like these who ENCOURAGED terrorists to kill US troops!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "War is lost",
U.S. Rep. Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
Senator Kerry(D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"
This Harvard study to have increased violence by 10%...
THE "EMBOLDENMENT EFFECT" asked:
Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq? The short answer is YES!!!

But of course idiots like you guys weren't either born yet or were in some drug stupor or just plain ignorant about what our world was like in 2001 after
Clinton's government efforts to thwart investigations...(Look up the Gorelick memo)!
Here's what you said -- "This is what GWB inherited!"

Do you see now why you look so retarded?

YOU were the first person to use the term.."Inherit a weak economy, and the numbers for a new president are significantly higher. Inherit a strong economy, and those numbers are lower."
Retard! You said "inherit weak economy"! Yes GWB DID!
Inherited Dot.com bust! Yes... all started under Clinton, Bush inherited!
And I agree. Bad weather is not an inherited issue. Even though
But over the five years of President Bush’s administration, Louisiana has received far more money for Corps civil works projects than any other state, about $1.9 billion; California was a distant second with less than $1.4 billion, even though its population is more than seven times as large.

Much of that Louisiana money was spent to try to keep low-lying New Orleans dry. But hundreds of millions of dollars have gone to unrelated water projects demanded by the state’s congressional delegation and approved by the Corps, often after economic analyses that turned out to be inaccurate. Despite a series of independent investigations criticizing Army Corps construction projects as wasteful pork-barrel spending, Louisiana’s representatives have kept bringing home the bacon.
Katrina: Louisiana Federal Money Not Spent On Levees
Again, moron.... You said.... This is what GWB inherited!" And then proceeded to list everything from terrorist attacks to the weather.

Again.... how does a president inherit a hurricane?

You are right. I used the wrong word. I should have used "contend with" or "confronted with" or "endured"! All better words than "inherit". You are right.
So here is the list of events that NO OTHER President has ever encountered, endured, contended with, or confronted with, in the 8 years of a presidency!

View attachment 137679
As you've been shown repeatedly, all those events combined pale in comparison to Bush's Great Recession.

Who cares? Presidents don't decide who works or who doesn't.

I'm just curious. Why would you average in the first month or 3 months or 6 months of a president's term implying that he had anything to do with that unemployment rate?
LOL! It has nothing to do with deciding who works and you know it. What it has to do with is what the president does, what he controls and and his desires to see success or failure.
And Obama had the unprecedented streak of 76 consecutive months of job growth which added over 15 million jobs.

Barrack Obama: 8.86%

Average Unemployment Rates For US Presidents since World War II:

01. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
02. Harry Truman: 4.26%
03. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
04. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
05. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
06. George W. Bush: 5.27%
07. John Kennedy: 5.98%
08. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
09. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
10. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
11. Gerald Ford: 7.77%
12. Barack Obama: 8.86%

1. BULLSHIT. Unemployment by year:
  • 2009: 9.3 percent.
  • 2010: 9.6 percent.
  • 2011: 8.9 percent.
  • 2012: 8.1 percent.
  • 2013: 7.4 percent.
  • 2014: 6.2 percent.
  • 2015: 5.3 percent.
  • 2016: 4.9 percent.
Average of 7.5%

United States Unemployment Rates by President, 1948-2016

2. It's true, Obama is a total asshole for starting Great Recession. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just noticed the date on this thread

MotivatorThreadNecro_zps22479f3c.jpg

Never the less these EVENTS occurred!
But dummies like you seem to have forgotten them.
Because GWB had these events to contend with and these EVENTS would have caused long term damage to our economy, our people our country if he
hadn't been the leader he was remember he had at one time the highest approval rating George W. Bush Average: September 2001 - 90% Approval Rating
Presidents By the Numbers: The Highest And Lowest Approval Ratings Post World War II

And this was before the BIASED MSM began bludgeoning GWB about Iraq along with traitors like these who ENCOURAGED terrorists to kill US troops!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "War is lost",
U.S. Rep. Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
Senator Kerry(D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"
This Harvard study to have increased violence by 10%...
THE "EMBOLDENMENT EFFECT" asked:
Are insurgents in Iraq emboldened by voices in the news media expressing dissent or calling for troop withdrawals from Iraq? The short answer is YES!!!

But of course idiots like you guys weren't either born yet or were in some drug stupor or just plain ignorant about what our world was like in 2001 after
Clinton's government efforts to thwart investigations...(Look up the Gorelick memo)!

YOU were the first person to use the term.."Inherit a weak economy, and the numbers for a new president are significantly higher. Inherit a strong economy, and those numbers are lower."
But over the five years of President Bush’s administration, Louisiana has received far more money for Corps civil works projects than any other state, about $1.9 billion; California was a distant second with less than $1.4 billion, even though its population is more than seven times as large.

Much of that Louisiana money was spent to try to keep low-lying New Orleans dry. But hundreds of millions of dollars have gone to unrelated water projects demanded by the state’s congressional delegation and approved by the Corps, often after economic analyses that turned out to be inaccurate. Despite a series of independent investigations criticizing Army Corps construction projects as wasteful pork-barrel spending, Louisiana’s representatives have kept bringing home the bacon.
Again, moron.... You said.... This is what GWB inherited!" And then proceeded to list everything from terrorist attacks to the weather.

You are right. I used the wrong word. I should have used "contend with" or "confronted with" or "endured"! All better words than "inherit". You are right.
So here is the list of events that NO OTHER President has ever encountered, endured, contended with, or confronted with, in the 8 years of a presidency!

View attachment 137679
As you've been shown repeatedly, all those events combined pale in comparison to Bush's Great Recession.

So how many people DIED because of Bush's minor recession? ZERO!
HOW many Trillions of dollars was lost in the market, in destroyed businesses, in destroyed buildings, in destroyed homes, in destroyed property? ZERO!
How many Trillions of dollars lost in TAX revenue due to market, in destroyed businesses, in destroyed buildings, in destroyed homes, in destroyed property? ZERO!

Idiots like you saying these events PALE in comparison to the Minor recession...you need to talk to the survivors of 9/11/hurricanes that killed people!
And you say those events PALE????
There truly aren't any words to explain people's ignorance such as yours!
SHOW ME AGAIN where Trillions of dollars were lost due to destruction, market losses, lives lost during the minor recession?
I've showed you the events that no other President has had to confront!
Show me HOW the minor recession makes those event PALE?
Give me the links to counter this!
GWBevents070817.png

View attachment 137679

HOW many Trillions of dollars was lost in the market, in destroyed businesses, in destroyed buildings, in destroyed homes, in destroyed property? ZERO!
How many Trillions of dollars lost in TAX revenue due to market, in destroyed businesses, in destroyed buildings, in destroyed homes, in destroyed property? ZERO!

Idiots like you saying these events PALE in comparison to the Minor recession...you need to talk to the survivors of 9/11/hurricanes that killed people!
SHOW ME AGAIN where Trillions of dollars were lost due to destruction, market losses, lives lost during the minor recession?
View attachment 137729
You've been shown this before... $30 trillion. Way more than everything you listed combined.

Average of 7.5%

The 8.86% figure is from an earlier point in his Presidency. This list gets updated in this thread sometimes every month. The current list is here:

Average Unemployment Rates for US Presidents since after World War II:

03. Donald Trump: 4.52%
04. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
05. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
06. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
07. George W. Bush: 5.27%
08. John Kennedy: 5.98%
09. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
10. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
11. Barack Obama: 7.45%
12. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
13. Gerald Ford: 7.77%

It is based on the MONTHLY unemployment rate.

Average of 7.5%

The 8.86% figure is from an earlier point in his Presidency. This list gets updated in this thread sometimes every month. The current list is here:

I see you corrected the previous rate you posted, but you must realize the average is actually meaningless, unless you also post the change in unemployment rate.

For example, someone who inherits 4% unemployment, and leaves with 8% unemployment can have an average unemployment rate of 6%

Somebody else inherits 8% unemployment, and leaves with 4%, also can have an average unemployment rate of 6%.

But one doubled unemployment, while the other cut unemployment in half. But the average doesn't tell you that.

President Obama Has Cut the Unemployment Rate More Than Any President since FDR

President Obama Has Cut the Unemployment Rate More Than Any President since FDR

The largest drop in unemployment of any president since FDR. You would not know it from the headlines, but President Obama has overseen the largest drop in the unemployment rate of any of these recent presidents, and, in fact, since FDR. In actuality, he has cut the unemployment rate to a lower level than any other recent president upon leaving office—except for President Clinton.

View attachment 137679

View attachment 137729
You've been shown this before... $30 trillion. Way more than everything you listed combined.

Your link: "If you include those “broader and more difficult-to-quantify costs” — psychological trauma, loss of subjective well being, reduced future job prospects — we’re talking closer to $30 trillion in losses."
YOU have to be KIDDING!!!!!
What a subjective totally ignorant GUESS!!!!
Hey IDIOT when you consider 5,000 people killed in 9/11 hurricanes what kind of "psychological trauma, loss of subjective well being, reduced future job prospects did their relatives, businesses that LOSS the productivity of those dead Americans suffer? Has that been calculated?
I mean using average age of 40 that died and the average earning power for 20 years of $50,000/year.. that alone was a loss of trillions!
Businesses destroyed in 9/11. Almost 18,000 small businesses were shut down or destroyed. Assume each business did at least $100,000 a year
for the next 20 years... nearly $40 billion! The Impact Of 9/11 On Business The Impact Of 9/11 On Business
Due to 9/11/01 2,996 killed, 6,000 wounded..."

Under Bush 2001 - 2008 Lives lost: 2,782 Disasters:$429 Billion in losses ;
Total lives lost: 5,778
Under Obama 2009 - 2016 Lives lost: 831 Disasters: 100.9 Billion in losses
Source of above data: Billion-Dollar Weather and Climate Disasters: | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Using that same subjective measure during that period you divide that $30 trillion by 831 lives lost under Obama like lives lost in 9/11 and disasters, Hurricanes,floods,etc..under Bush. Then due to the "psychological trauma," loss of subjective well being", "reduced future job prospects" and using the same dumb ass ruler that James Pethokoukis did in coming up with $30 trillion... the losses under Bush were over $208,000,000,000,000!
Too many zeros? $208 trillion in "psychological trauma," loss of subjective well being", "reduced future job prospects" under GWB!!!
HA HA HA... my number is bigger than your number!!!

$208 Trillion in losses due to life/destruction under Bush from 9/11 disasters,etc. is nearly 6 times bigger then your $30 trillion!

Average of 7.5%

I see you corrected the previous rate you posted, but you must realize the average is actually meaningless, unless you also post the change in unemployment rate.

For example, someone who inherits 4% unemployment, and leaves with 8% unemployment can have an average unemployment rate of 6%

Somebody else inherits 8% unemployment, and leaves with 4%, also can have an average unemployment rate of 6%.

But one doubled unemployment, while the other cut unemployment in half. But the average doesn't tell you that.
Yeah, some people just can't be bothered with such pesky details.

Anyone who says Bush did a better job than Reagan in terms of unemployment needs to have their head examined.

View attachment 137679

View attachment 137729

Your link: "If you include those “broader and more difficult-to-quantify costs” — psychological trauma, loss of subjective well being, reduced future job prospects — we’re talking closer to $30 trillion in losses."
Hey IDIOT when you consider 5,000 people killed in 9/11 hurricanes what kind of "psychological trauma, loss of subjective well being, reduced future job prospects did their relatives, businesses that LOSS the productivity of those dead Americans suffer? Has that been calculated?
I mean using average age of 40 that died and the average earning power for 20 years of $50,000/year.. that alone was a loss of trillions!
Businesses destroyed in 9/11. Almost 18,000 small businesses were shut down or destroyed. Assume each business did at least $100,000 a year
for the next 20 years... nearly $40 billion! The Impact Of 9/11 On Business The Impact Of 9/11 On Business

Source of above data: Billion-Dollar Weather and Climate Disasters: | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Using that same subjective measure during that period you divide that $30 trillion by 831 lives lost under Obama like lives lost in 9/11 and disasters, Hurricanes,floods,etc..under Bush. Then due to the "psychological trauma," loss of subjective well being", "reduced future job prospects" and using the same dumb ass ruler that James Pethokoukis did in coming up with $30 trillion... the losses under Bush were over $208,000,000,000,000!
Too many zeros? $208 trillion in "psychological trauma," loss of subjective well being", "reduced future job prospects" under GWB!!!

$208 Trillion in losses due to life/destruction under Bush from 9/11 disasters,etc. is nearly 6 times bigger then your $30 trillion!
$30 trillion is far more than all the events you listed -- combined.

View attachment 137679

View attachment 137729

Your source Using that same subjective measure during that period you divide that $30 trillion by 831 lives lost under Obama like lives lost in 9/11 and disasters, Hurricanes,floods,etc..under Bush. Then due to the "psychological trauma," loss of subjective well being", "reduced future job prospects" and using the same dumb ass ruler that James Pethokoukis did in coming up with $30 trillion... the losses under Bush were over $208,000,000,000,000 provided then the measuring stick!

So I'll match your $30 trillion and raise you to $208 Trillion in losses due to life/destruction under Bush from 9/11 disasters,etc. is nearly 6 times bigger then your $30 trillion!

Average of 7.5%

Yeah, some people just can't be bothered with such pesky details.

Anyone who says Bush did a better job than Reagan in terms of unemployment needs to have their head examined.

It's not how you look at the facts it is the FACT it is A FACT.

Maybe a picture is better for you.
Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 12.21.17 PM.png

Now the FACT also is that because of Carter's Misery INDEX was the all time high Reagan was still able to reduce unemployment in spite of it!

Last edited:

View attachment 137729

Your source Using that same subjective measure during that period you divide that $30 trillion by 831 lives lost under Obama like lives lost in 9/11 and disasters, Hurricanes,floods,etc..under Bush. Then due to the "psychological trauma," loss of subjective well being", "reduced future job prospects" and using the same dumb ass ruler that James Pethokoukis did in coming up with $30 trillion... the losses under Bush were over $208,000,000,000,000 provided then the measuring stick!

So I'll match your $30 trillion and raise you to $208 Trillion in losses due to life/destruction under Bush from 9/11 disasters,etc. is nearly 6 times bigger then your $30 trillion!
Imbecile, the "psychological trauma" accounts for a small chunk of the economic impact.

$19 trillion was from lost household wealth...

Plus another $7 trillion in lost stock market valuation in 2008...

Wall Street's Final '08 Toll: $6.9 Trillion Wiped Out

Plus another couple of trillion lost in the stock market in 2009 until March when the market started turning around.

$30 trillion lost in Bush's Great Recession.

Far exceeds everything you listed -- combined.

View attachment 137729

Imbecile, the "psychological trauma" accounts for a small chunk of the economic impact.

Plus another couple of trillion lost in the stock market in 2009 until March when the market started turning around.

Why do all the charts stop before they reach bottom? That looks like worthless propaganda to me. Of course, Obama's recession because his policies made it far worse than it had to be.

View attachment 137729

Remember this is what YOU quoted based on James Pethokoukis YOUR EXPERT!!!
AND I QUOTE:
We conservatively estimate the loss of national output as a result of the financial crisis and its aftermath at between $6 trillion and $14 trillion. If you include those “broader and more difficult-to-quantify costs” — psychological trauma, loss of subjective well being, reduced future job prospects — we’re talking closer to $30 trillion in losses.
So subtracting $14 Trillion from $30 Trillion leaves $16 Trillion of "broader and more difficult-to-quantify costs”
Lets agree $14 Trillion on market losses, businesses destroyed airlines not flying wall street closed, etc....associated with 9/11,etc. I'll buy that.
And let's agree then Pethokoukis attributes then $16 Trillion related to "broad and more difficult to quantify costs". You agree? Simple math.
So $16 trillion attributed to broad and more difficult to quantify costs" OK?
There were 5,778 ACTUAL DEATHS during the events from 2001 to 2008.
As part of that "broad and more difficult to quantify costs" since we are GUESSING here.. that each of those deaths cost over the next
30 years cost $50 million a year in "broad and difficult to quantify costs" There... we have $20 trillion in "broad and difficult to quantify costs"!
See I can pull a number out of my butt just as well as Pethokoukis!!!!
Remember there were stock brokers, business people, etc. all sorts of people who's lives were cut short. Who knows what great invention
that might have spun off billions in revenue would have come from one of those 5,778! Again nothing like that equaled during Obama!

Finally let's look at yours and Pethokoukis contention!
Neither one of you took into account the TRULY psychological blow to America when 9/11 occurred.
A BRAND New cabinet post was created.
Just the simple time to take off your shoes at the airport for the last 17 years is cumulative and part of that "broad and difficult to quantify costs"!
And then we have the trillions of dollars completing what Bill Clinton started in 1998 with the Liberation of Iraq. I've not even touched
on the costs that came from all those people wanting someone to do something about Saddam because remember!
If he were alive today 3.6 million kids would be dead by now! Simply because he wouldn't agree to this simple statement:
Do you or do you not have any WMDs? Saddam would neither confirm or deny! Why?
So please I can pull a number just as Pethokoukis out regarding the costs that EVERY American has had to bear and not just those
during the minor recession.
By the way neither YOU nor Pethokoukis ever admitted any knowledge of this event!
The 9/18/2008 Economic Terrorist Attack:
On Thursday (Sept 18), at 11 in the morning the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S.,
to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two.
The Treasury opened up its window to help and pumped a $105 billion in the system and quickly realized that they could not stem the tide.
We were having an electronic run on the banks.
They decided to close the operation, close down the money accounts and announce a guarantee of $250,000 per account so there wouldn't be further panic out there. If they had not done that, their estimation was that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed. It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it...
http://seekingalpha.com/article/119619-how-the-world-almost-came-to-an-end-on-september-18-2008

You don't think THAT had a bearing on the financial community?

Why do all the charts stop before they reach bottom? That looks like worthless propaganda to me. Of course, Obama's recession because his policies made it far worse than it had to be.
Your craziness persists. The chart reflects the depth of each recession respectively and the only recession Obama had was the one created under the leadership of Dubya.

Forum List

Back