The problem of Homeschooling is in...

timslash

Dec 4, 2014
Buffalo. NY
Government control on Homeschooled Children... Now, in Michigan, lawmakers wanna register all Homeschooled Children and control them by social workers...
So, they just tell us "Don't wanna get education in our bad public schools - be like dog, under control, or what ?!"
MI Wants Homeschooled Children Registered Inspected PJ Tatler
In the wake of the tragic murders of two Michigan children whose mother tortured them before stuffing them into the family’s freezer, lawmakers are calling for more stringent regulation of homeschooling in the state.

The proposed legislation from state Rep. Stephanie Chang, a Detroit Democrat, would require homeschooled children to be inspected twice per year by a licensed social worker or law enforcement officer. The bill would also require homeschooling parents to register their children — like dogs or sex offenders — with the superintendent of the school district in which they reside. Michigan is one of eleven states that do not require homeschooling parents to report to state or local authorities.

Government control on Homeschooled Children... Now, in Michigan, lawmakers wanna register all Homeschooled Children and control them by social workers...
So, they just tell us "Don't wanna get education in our bad public schools - be like dog, under control, or what ?!"
MI Wants Homeschooled Children Registered Inspected PJ Tatler
In the wake of the tragic murders of two Michigan children whose mother tortured them before stuffing them into the family’s freezer, lawmakers are calling for more stringent regulation of homeschooling in the state.

The proposed legislation from state Rep. Stephanie Chang, a Detroit Democrat, would require homeschooled children to be inspected twice per year by a licensed social worker or law enforcement officer. The bill would also require homeschooling parents to register their children — like dogs or sex offenders — with the superintendent of the school district in which they reside. Michigan is one of eleven states that do not require homeschooling parents to report to state or local authorities.
Individual choice is anti-government, so the thinking goes among the elected elite. Why would any government, state or the federal, allow individual choice? Remember, government is all about power and control. The control occurs slowly, piece by piece, thus avoiding a sure public uprising, and violent riots of protest. Over many years now, public choice has been neutralized through measures implemented in order to achieve the ultimate goal of complete and absolute control. Whether it's home schooling or wearing seatbelts in your car, the government wants us to be obedient puppets, and to surrender all control and authority to them.

Was home schooled for quite a few years, as the school system treated me as having an incurable learning disability.

So my parents taught me, hired private tutors, brought in a optometrist, and by the first year of high school I was either bringing back straight A's or B's.

Skrew that!

Theys my kids and I can edumacate them any way I want two!

Was home schooled for quite a few years, as the school system treated me as having an incurable learning disability.

So my parents taught me, hired private tutors, brought in a optometrist, and by the first year of high school I was either bringing back straight A's or B's.
You should be proud, you did well.

Until we de-emphasize education for making money, and re-emphasize education to be intelligent, whole education system in this country is redundant.

Edit: Should also mention the elementary teacher considered drawing a triangle house instead of a square one, a threat to the public education system.
Wait, what?!
Kinda funny, but the teacher thought there was something wrong with me because I drew a triangular house that was in town - instead of the box and triangle the teacher assumed I would draw.

Skrew that!

Yes that's why home schooled kids outperform their public school counterparts across the board.

Not all of them

If they are doing so well at home, why wouldn't you want to demonstrate their progress?

OK kids....today we are going to learn about the wonders of Jesus
But mommy...thats what we learned yesterday

Skrew that!

Yes that's why home schooled kids outperform their public school counterparts across the board.

Not all of them

If they are doing so well at home, why wouldn't you want to demonstrate their progress?

The data is out there and home schooled kids consistently score well above public students in all metrics typically 15 - 30 percentile points above.

Skrew that!

Not all of them

The data is out there and home schooled kids consistently score well above public students in all metrics typically 15 - 30 percentile points above.

What does that say for those who don't?

Should they be just ignored? What if mom just has them watch TV all day while she gets shitfaced drunk

Should she be allowed to homeschool?
Clearly you do not believe homeschool kids should not have oversight

Skrew that!

Not all of them

Should they be just ignored? What if mom just has them watch TV all day while she gets shitfaced drunk

Hey public schools regularly promote kids who can't read write or do basic math

So worry about them first

And if you're going to accuse home schoolers of negligence then you better be able to prove it because the test scores don't agree with you
And home schoolers have to comply with many state regulations if you think they don't then you're as ignorant of the topic as those you are accusing

Skrew that!

Not all of them

Change all of your concerns to ones for public school kids, and you will see your argument is idiotic. You are holding home schooling to a far higher standard than you hold traditional schooling.

Forum List

Back