The problem with having tools...

F'ed it up...a little.

Tried putting a little shape onto it with a little ball peen hammer.

That didn't work...

View attachment 485011

So...franken-bandsaw to the rescue.

Emergency redesign and back I business...

View attachment 485014
try using a leather sand bag as an anvil if youre going to hammer out contours,,
Thanks...that's what I was trying to do. I don't have much experience with shaping...tried using a hollow in a chunk of log. That didn't work.

I appreciate the advice. I'll find or make a leather sandbag and practice with some of the leftover scraps. :thup:

F'ed it up...a little.

That didn't work...

View attachment 485011

View attachment 485014
try using a leather sand bag as an anvil if youre going to hammer out contours,,
Thanks...that's what I was trying to do. I don't have much experience with shaping...tried using a hollow in a chunk of log. That didn't work.

I appreciate the advice. I'll find or make a leather sandbag and practice with some of the leftover scraps. :thup:
stainless is always tuff no matter what youre using,,,
take a belt sander to the end of a 2x4 and put upright in a vise for the convex work,,
plan on sanding and polishing afterwards,,

F'ed it up...a little.

That didn't work...

View attachment 485011

View attachment 485014

stainless is always tuff no matter what youre using,,,
take a belt sander to the end of a 2x4 and put upright in a vise for the convex work,,
plan on sanding and polishing afterwards,,
OH take some fine sandpaper to the face of your hammer,, it will help against deep marring that cant be sanded or polished out,,

Forum List

Back