Well crap.....I need a new water heater

I got mine trained-up on some of that.....No extra rinse, cold and warm settings only. Today's detergents don't require a caldron of hot water.....It's not the 1800s anymore. ;)

R.f3af60352c829d24093bf290881e15b8
I have to whack knuckles with a steel ruler when I find one t shirt in the dryer on high for a goddamed hour!

for standard residential theres not a lot of options on size,,

if the demand is going to be higher all you do is turn up the temp to maintain it,,

I run ours at 118 while the mother in law runs hers at 110,,

I run mine at 120 and can almost stand in the shower with the cold water off. I could turn it down to where I could do that but I would have less water pressure.

I run mine at 120 and can almost stand in the shower with the cold water off. I could turn it down to where I could do that but I would have less water pressure.
in the summer I have to cut back on the hot water for a shower, but I like that temp for washing dishs beings I am the dishwasher,,
the mother in law doesnt like it real hot so the 119 she can just tirn it full on hot and works fine for her,,

I do like having a quick change temp controll on demand offers,,

I can replace the elements but I draw the line at cutting/fitting copper.....I know my limitations. ;)

I think it's a good idea to cut the copper lines (a little hacksaw, a Dremel tool, I've used both) and then lightly sand any burrs off, then use a couple compression fittings on the cut ends and install a stanless steel, flexible water line, makes taking it off easy and also allows you to move your water heater a little bit if you had to adjust it.

Nah, the elements just gave up the ghost but I figured it was time for a new one what with the calcium build-up inside....It's the third one in 34 years on town water so I really can't complain......Except for the price......I figure 2K+ with materials/labor.

I can replace the elements but I draw the line at cutting/fitting copper.....I know my limitations. ;)

They said they have had real good service from the GEs. They are old school plumbers so anything 10 years plus is good service for them.....Hell most plumbers today don't even work with copper.
I had to replace mine after 21 years. The quotes from the plumbers were all 2500+, so I replaced it myself. 750 including tax.

23 years before it went tits-up.....Not a bad run.....It was a Bradford-White.

At least my plumber got right on top of it early this morning....They are about finished with the installation.

He suggested I go with a GE this go round because they have been having issues with the newer BWs.
If you go tankless
Once you go tankless you'll never go back..

Buy japanese

The first one I had one in the loft ...it was gas ...ya never run out of hot water

shhh our hot water heater is over 40 years old and I am terrified to state this as it may cause it to finally fail...I think hubby changed an element in all this time..its 55 gal tank...I dread when it goes out.

Forum List

Back