The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

usn-120614-homeless-bill-1050a.jpg

Gov. Lincoln "Scrooge" Chafee

WATCH: Bill O’Reilly Takes on Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee Over ‘Holiday Tree’ Controversy

11/29/12

On The Factor tonight, Bill O’Reilly took on Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee (I) over the “holiday tree” controversy. Chafee first made headlines last year by maintaining that the tree at the Statehouse would be called a “holiday tree” and not a Christmas tree.
In the interview, Chafee pointed out that all he has done is keep the same policy of his predecessor, Donald Carcieri (R), by referring to it as a holiday tree. He said “somehow” this has now become a controversy, even though it’s been called a “holiday tree” at the Statehouse since the 1990s.

O’Reilly pointed out that many Christians get upset when politicians decide to avoid using the word “Christmas” or otherwise avoid Christmas traditions.

“There is no holiday tree, there is no tradition of a holiday tree,” O’Reilly said.

---

WATCH: Bill O’Reilly Takes on Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee Over ‘Holiday Tree’ Controversy | Fox News Insider

merry%20xmas.gif

Poor O'Reilly...can't celebrate the holidays without other people calling their trees what he wants them to call them.

What other holiday, this time of year, uses fir trees as a symbol?

Yule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree

Last edited:
Politics should have nothing to do with religion. I'm very liberal but I could not have an abortion and I still say, "Merry Christmas". But it's fine with me if a woman has an abortion or says, "Happy Holidays".

Stop blaming liberals for everything. It is you conservatives that have a stick up your you know whats!!

I don't care if you have an abortion or how you address holidays, I don't care if you don't celebrate any of them.

I find you amusing, telling people to stop blaming then turn right around a blame someone. LOL!

Politics should have nothing to do with religion. I'm very liberal but I could not have an abortion and I still say, "Merry Christmas". But it's fine with me if a woman has an abortion or says, "Happy Holidays".

Stop blaming liberals for everything. It is you conservatives that have a stick up your you know whats!!

I don't care if you have an abortion or how you address holidays, I don't care if you don't celebrate any of them.

I find you amusing, telling people to stop blaming then turn right around a blame someone. LOL!

Looks like I hit a nerve. Or are you still mad about the election?? :eusa_boohoo:

imho, it's entirely inappropriate for government entities to display any kind of religious symbols...

but seasonal symbols would be okay...

so... crosses and nativity scenes...? no...

easter bunnies and christmas trees...? okay...

I'm amazed that professed non-progressives are trying to tell us what we believe. Tell us what you believe and I'll tell you what I believe. Equating progressives with Nazis is the same thing as the complaints we constantly hear from the right that "we're being called racists again". Is it a real complaint or just an excuse to give yourself permission to do whatever you want because you've been "offended"?

This thread is nauseating.

You have a bunch of liberals trying to convince people that it's their right to disallow all Christian symbols based on some sort of "freedom".

Our constitution does not dictate that our government be free of religious symbolism. It's not in there. This is another instance of progressives putting the brakes on freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Again you are dictating a removal of freedom, in the name of freedom.

Just as you insist that the government must legalize killing in order to improve life, now you insist that the government must restrict our freedom in order to increase liberty.

Last edited:
This thread is nauseating.

You have a bunch of liberals trying to convince people that it's their right to disallow all Christian symbols based on some sort of "freedom".

Our constitution does not dictate that our government be free of religious symbolism. It's not in there. This is another instance of progressives putting the brakes on freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Again you are dictating a removal of freedom, in the name of freedom.

Just as you insist that the government must legalize killing in order to improve life, now you insist that the government must restrict our freedom in order to increase liberty.

You are more than free to keep your backwards stupidity in your homes and churches.

Just don't put it anywhere that I have to look at it.

What's more, if I were a public official, I could weave God and Christ into every public speech and I could include Him in every official document if I so desire.

That's what freedom of religion is. Freedom of persecution for my faith. You can't prevent me in any way except to not vote for me, provided I'm not ESTABLISHING a state religion.

So fuck yourself 3 ways and sideways. But not in public. Because though progressives are big on depraved sexual exhibition in public, so far it's still illegal.

What's more, if I were a public official, I could weave God and Christ into every public speech and I could include Him in every official document if I so desire.

That's what freedom of religion is. Freedom of persecution for my faith. You can't prevent me in any way except to not vote for me, provided I'm not ESTABLISHING a state religion.

So fuck yourself 3 ways and sideways. But not in public. Because though progressives are big on depraved sexual exhibition in public, so far it's still illegal.

Well, give us time... I'm sure you'll stare at it for hours when it is legal.

Well, give us time...

No surprises there.

Forum List

Back