The Push to Censor Half of America is ON!!!!!

I work in the press. I know how it works. I have worked for established fourth estate publications, as well as start ups. That is your OPINION of what happens when it is fractured. And that STILL doesn't stop you starting your own platform. Zuckerberg did. Dorsey did. With very little money initially in both cases. There was a demand and it took off.

Those morons entered virtually empty marketplaces.. You might have a journalism degree, but don't understand business/economics..

And you're COMPLETELY IGNORING all the examples of harassment and resistance EVEN IF you "start your own site"... If you dont respond to my example of why USMB could get choked to death "with their own site" -- I'm not wasting anymore time discussing this with you... Or how small web businesses cannot be seen or heard on the web if they don't buy into Amazon or Walmart 3rd party listings..

Those morons entered virtually empty marketplaces.. You might have a journalism degree, but don't understand business/economics..

And you're COMPLETELY IGNORING all the examples of harassment and resistance EVEN IF you "start your own site"... If you dont respond to my example of why USMB could get choked to death "with their own site" -- I'm not wasting anymore time discussing this with you... Or how small web businesses cannot be seen or heard on the web if they don't buy into Amazon or Walmart 3rd party listings..

You see, you don't do yourself any service by calling them morons. Call them fuckwits because you don't like what they are doing. But they are not morons. And who cares if they entered virtually empty marketplaces, that doesn't help your point of view one iota. All it is, is an observation by you. Somebody started the first newspaper, radio and TV station. Now there are thousands. Never claimed to understand economics.

I asked in my last to you to link to your claim about USMB getting choked. READ THE FUCKING POST AND STOP YELLING ;o)

First off -- I've never logged on to Conservative Treehouse blog.. Never actually even lurked there. I know about it only because my wife is a member there and spends 2 or 3 hours a day on that site.. Today the blogger who runs with name Sundance announced that CTH will be deplatformed by 1st week December.

CTH is one of highest volume Conservative blog sites in the country. They like to be a "refuge" for conservative speech and opinion.. They do PRUNE their members. That's their RIGHT to do so.. Of all the stuff I've read from there -- it's high quality research and analysis and the members are FAR BETTER behaved and civil than on USMB.. :stir: The excuse given was completely nebulous.. It reads like "we're not compatible with your content and opinions". And the move was announced after Sundance pulled together some strings on the strength of "one world" globalists that NOW feel empowered to act..

They have a HUGE PROBLEM.. Which is the Wordpress business model.. Their site is DESIGNED to suck in wantabee bloggers with low rent and services -- but like Hotel California -- "You can never leave".. Because their site is based on open sourced S/ware that incompatible with most other hosting.. I looked into WordPress -- and I would never make that mistake..

So now with decades of content and discussion -- the left is moving them to wander towards Siberia and the "camps".. And essentially confiscating their work.

IMO -- half of America is NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE.. I imagine the right will learn to protest and organize and WHINE about free speech that makes THEM uncomfortable. Good possibility that WordPress will have several thousand people picketing and protest.. It's the last stand before the war goes hot.., The doxxing and canceling and deplatforming and shadow banning and fact checking goes both ways.. It's just that the OTHER HALF is gonna have to invest in their OWN resources.. And there's plenty of money and skill to do just that... With THAT effort -- the polarization reaches nuclear warfare potential...

So much for Biden's plea that NOW the left wants to heal the country.. I'm CERTAIN that high elements of the left power elite are involved in selecting the targets here.. And we'll SEE THAT when Biden packs his "potential" administration with same tyrannical high tech oligarchs..

I read it last night that they were being deplatformed

Not that I was a big reader

Things only start getting worse after January if Muppet is sworn in

You see, you don't do yourself any service by calling them morons. Call them fuckwits because you don't like what they are doing. But they are not morons. And who cares if they entered virtually empty marketplaces, that doesn't help your point of view one iota. All it is, is an observation by you. Somebody started the first newspaper, radio and TV station. Now there are thousands. Never claimed to understand economics.

I asked in my last to you to link to your claim about USMB getting choked. READ THE FUCKING POST AND STOP YELLING ;o)

And you never apparently discuss anything that people assert.. Or answer questions like -- If GOOGLE cuts off the USMB ad stream to USMB -- what GOOD did it do to "start your own site"??

They could strangle us WITHOUT any rights or access to our platform code or servers..

I'll wait for you to spend 35 brain calories answering that...

From the link..

What does this mean? It means CTH is being kicked-off the WordPress website hosting platform because the content of our research and discussion does not align with the ideology of those who define what is acceptable speech and what is not.

It means what it says apparently.. All animals are equal -- but some are more equal than others. And it's all about opinion and principles and incompatibility.. Used to be the default excuse for divorce when there were no specifics was just "incompatibility".. This marriage is heading for a divorce..

Get my drift here?
Exactly your thread title is correct they are going after the the software to kill free speech, clever.

To be clear.. Wordpress has ALWAYS been -- difficult to "port" your work to other sites.. That's not designed for this partisan war.. It's just useful to whomever complained and PUSHED them to do this.
wordpress has gotten a LOT better over the years. i used to be joomla only and now i use wordpress.

if they are being kicked off the wordpress site itself - wow. but i'd simply backup the entire site with database and find another host like dreamhost or something *NOT* in the gatorhost, bluehost vein and the like. reinstall WP and restore backup. if still up and going, they can migrate you over.

in looking, it's a very basic theme and not a lot of custom work. should be an easy port. PM me if you need anything.

And you never apparently discuss anything that people assert.. Or answer questions like -- If GOOGLE cuts off the USMB ad stream to USMB -- what GOOD did it do to "start your own site"??

They could strangle us WITHOUT any rights or access to our platform code or servers..

I'll wait for you to spend 35 brain calories answering that...

And you act like Twitter and Facebook are just randomly shutting people out. I don't like censorship - I like watching people make fools of themselves. However, it is their platform. Don't like Google, use Yahoo...

Just as soon as the ones that are censoring lose their Government protection.

You want them to lose their protection from lying sacks of shit on their site? Why should that happen?
You have not named any censored left wing sites no banned ones no deplatformed ones. So basically you concede that you are fine with banning right wing sites for false reasons while ignoring the left wing sites that do what ever they right was accused of.

You have not named any censored left wing sites no banned ones no deplatformed ones. So basically you concede that you are fine with banning right wing sites for false reasons while ignoring the left wing sites that do what ever they right was accused of.

Well, post a link to where they have lied and deserve to be banned. Are they false reasons? You are basing your assumptions on right and left wing. I'm basing them on what is being said - lies or truth?

Well, post a link to where they have lied and deserve to be banned. Are they false reasons? You are basing your assumptions on right and left wing. I'm basing them on what is being said - lies or truth?
You claim all the russia hoax was true? That the claims that Comey did not lie are true and all the bull shit about trump for the last 4 years? Good god you are delusional.

You claim all the russia hoax was true? That the claims that Comey did not lie are true and all the bull shit about trump for the last 4 years? Good god you are delusional.

No. I don't claim the Russia accusations were true. Nobody does. Did Russia try and interfere in your elections. Absolutely. Did Trump know about it? No idea. Maybe. Maybe not. As for the 'bullshit' about Trump - most of his bullshit (and it IS bullshit) has come straight from the Ass's mouth. It's not my fault he can't stop tweeting BS and lies almost 24/7. And if YOU want to believe that crap, you have no right calling anybody delusional.

First off -- I've never logged on to Conservative Treehouse blog.. Never actually even lurked there. I know about it only because my wife is a member there and spends 2 or 3 hours a day on that site.. Today the blogger who runs with name Sundance announced that CTH will be deplatformed by 1st week December.

CTH is one of highest volume Conservative blog sites in the country. They like to be a "refuge" for conservative speech and opinion.. They do PRUNE their members. That's their RIGHT to do so.. Of all the stuff I've read from there -- it's high quality research and analysis and the members are FAR BETTER behaved and civil than on USMB.. :stir: The excuse given was completely nebulous.. It reads like "we're not compatible with your content and opinions". And the move was announced after Sundance pulled together some strings on the strength of "one world" globalists that NOW feel empowered to act..

They have a HUGE PROBLEM.. Which is the Wordpress business model.. Their site is DESIGNED to suck in wantabee bloggers with low rent and services -- but like Hotel California -- "You can never leave".. Because their site is based on open sourced S/ware that incompatible with most other hosting.. I looked into WordPress -- and I would never make that mistake..

So now with decades of content and discussion -- the left is moving them to wander towards Siberia and the "camps".. And essentially confiscating their work.

IMO -- half of America is NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE.. I imagine the right will learn to protest and organize and WHINE about free speech that makes THEM uncomfortable. Good possibility that WordPress will have several thousand people picketing and protest.. It's the last stand before the war goes hot.., The doxxing and canceling and deplatforming and shadow banning and fact checking goes both ways.. It's just that the OTHER HALF is gonna have to invest in their OWN resources.. And there's plenty of money and skill to do just that... With THAT effort -- the polarization reaches nuclear warfare potential...

So much for Biden's plea that NOW the left wants to heal the country.. I'm CERTAIN that high elements of the left power elite are involved in selecting the targets here.. And we'll SEE THAT when Biden packs his "potential" administration with same tyrannical high tech oligarchs..

You just now catching on to what has been occurring to conservatives for months of not years?

i'm starting to 'get it' now.....

And you act like Twitter and Facebook are just randomly shutting people out.

They are, in fact anything controversial not fitting the PC narrative is axed
H*ll, i've posted some here for debate that go <poof> , 'effin gone!

~S~

[
I have nothing against questioning studies with well reasoned arguments, whether it is about Covid or MMGW (thanks FCT for translating), but I'm guessing it is more than that going on in the Treehouse.

What's going on at the TreeHouse I hear about every day from the wife unit.. And it's a respected form of investigative journalism --- ALL spearheaded by the ONE blogger that runs it.,. Many members of CONGRESS are known fans..

Can you provide a link to this place where you think it is a respected form of investigative journalism.

I went to a site to check it out.

I did read some of the articles (posts). I'll read some more. But I am not sure I see what you are seeing.

How did you determine they "respected form of investigative journalism"?

I’m not sure they are either, at least if I look them up here: The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) - Media Bias/Fact Check

This site states they promote a lore of conspiracy, fake news, have poor sourcing and transparency which might be what is getting them in trouble with Wordpress sopince it seems platforms aren’t cracking down on this.

Last edited:
A

No. I don't claim the Russia accusations were true. Nobody does. Did Russia try and interfere in your elections. Absolutely. Did Trump know about it? No idea. Maybe. Maybe not. As for the 'bullshit' about Trump - most of his bullshit (and it IS bullshit) has come straight from the Ass's mouth. It's not my fault he can't stop tweeting BS and lies almost 24/7. And if YOU want to believe that crap, you have no right calling anybody delusional.
And yet ALL the left wing sites for 4 years continue to claim not only did Trump know but he colluded. Even after 2 seperate investigations proved he did not. And you don't see ANY of them censored EVER for that. The Senate concluded the Ukraine thing was false yet the left continues to lie about that and NO censor for that. All the personal attacks on Trump and his young son, NOT a peep about it. No threats no bannings no action at all. But the right says something and that is a lie even though there is NO ACTUAL science to back up the claim it is not true.

Ignorant nonsense.

No one is ‘playing Nazi.’

Private websites, hosting platforms, and blogging software developers are at liberty to edit their content as they see fit – where such editing is in no manner ‘censorship.’

The internet is infinite; conservatives have ample other online opportunities to spread their ignorance, fear, hate, and lies – this being one of many examples.

Such name calling is foolish.

Why would they be deplatformed ? If you can start with the answer to that question, it would be useful.
No name calling – the thread premise is ignorant nonsense.

Why Conservative Treehouse is being deplatformed has nothing to do with ‘censorship’ or ‘Nazis.’

As a private entity WordPress is not required to provide an explanation as to why – however wrong, capricious, or unwarranted that decision might be perceived to be by conservatives.

The remedy is for conservatives to find another hosting site.

Of course, conservatives will continue to pursue the false narrative of rightwing victimhood.
Ok bright BOY, name ONE left leaning site that has ever been shut down, deplatformed or censored. One will do.
There have been quite a few.

Facebook shutdown these sites:
Its Going Down
Crimethinc
PNW Youth Liberation Front

Here is an article about Google censorship of left wing sites.

Twitter purged a number of left wing accounts as well.

A

And yet ALL the left wing sites for 4 years continue to claim not only did Trump know but he colluded. Even after 2 seperate investigations proved he did not. And you don't see ANY of them censored EVER for that. The Senate concluded the Ukraine thing was false yet the left continues to lie about that and NO censor for that. All the personal attacks on Trump and his young son, NOT a peep about it. No threats no bannings no action at all. But the right says something and that is a lie even though there is NO ACTUAL science to back up the claim it is not true.

The right-wing Senate concluded that? Blow me down! Unbelievable!
And no, if one of those two investigations is the Mueller report it did not such thing (exonerate him). Barr holding back information is not evidence. Even Mueller (who wrote the fucking thing) said it did not exonerate Trump.
What personal attacks? By who? Give examples....
LOL ya it figures facts are irrelevant to a lefty defending lefties.

Forum List

Back