The Push to Censor Half of America is ON!!!!!

First off -- I've never logged on to Conservative Treehouse blog.. Never actually even lurked there. I know about it only because my wife is a member there and spends 2 or 3 hours a day on that site.. Today the blogger who runs with name Sundance announced that CTH will be deplatformed by 1st week December.

CTH is one of highest volume Conservative blog sites in the country. They like to be a "refuge" for conservative speech and opinion.. They do PRUNE their members. That's their RIGHT to do so.. Of all the stuff I've read from there -- it's high quality research and analysis and the members are FAR BETTER behaved and civil than on USMB.. :stir: The excuse given was completely nebulous.. It reads like "we're not compatible with your content and opinions". And the move was announced after Sundance pulled together some strings on the strength of "one world" globalists that NOW feel empowered to act..

They have a HUGE PROBLEM.. Which is the Wordpress business model.. Their site is DESIGNED to suck in wantabee bloggers with low rent and services -- but like Hotel California -- "You can never leave".. Because their site is based on open sourced S/ware that incompatible with most other hosting.. I looked into WordPress -- and I would never make that mistake..

So now with decades of content and discussion -- the left is moving them to wander towards Siberia and the "camps".. And essentially confiscating their work.

IMO -- half of America is NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE.. I imagine the right will learn to protest and organize and WHINE about free speech that makes THEM uncomfortable. Good possibility that WordPress will have several thousand people picketing and protest.. It's the last stand before the war goes hot.., The doxxing and canceling and deplatforming and shadow banning and fact checking goes both ways.. It's just that the OTHER HALF is gonna have to invest in their OWN resources.. And there's plenty of money and skill to do just that... With THAT effort -- the polarization reaches nuclear warfare potential...

So much for Biden's plea that NOW the left wants to heal the country.. I'm CERTAIN that high elements of the left power elite are involved in selecting the targets here.. And we'll SEE THAT when Biden packs his "potential" administration with same tyrannical high tech oligarchs..

I am somewhat lost.....

Is Treehouse Blog being deplatformed against it's will. ?

If so, who is deplatforming it ? And why ? Is this your reference to "the left" ? How is this a leftist effort ?

It's all in the OPost.. COMPLETELY against their will and when I say their will be LOST -- its because the original design of Wordpress is the Hotel California line I quoted there.

Wordpress btw is NOT a corporation in the general sense. It's actually organized as a 501 3C.. Much like Wikipedia (i think).. So there's no KNOWN corporation to go march on and camp out for 2 weeks of protests...

SOMEBODY THO -- out to get their donor list and track it down.

Did I just advocate DOXXING THEM?? I guess I did.. Might as well use the same tactics..
I have nothing against questioning studies with well reasoned arguments, whether it is about Covid or MMGW (thanks FCT for translating), but I'm guessing it is more than that going on in the Treehouse.

What's going on at the TreeHouse I hear about every day from the wife unit.. And it's a respected form of investigative journalism --- ALL spearheaded by the ONE blogger that runs it.,. Many members of CONGRESS are known fans..

You looking for dangers to the "public health"?? That's happening MORE on USMB than on the Treehouse by your definition.. Should WE be CANCELED by all the hands strangling free expression in America right now? Who OWNS those "hands"??? And why are YOU -- not concerned at all?

I'm in partisan nuclear war bunker. I don't WANT 3 more NewMax s or 14 well funded Daily Caller sites with international correspondents and a press room with 23 journalists.. So I CANT FIX THIS.. I can only watch...

What do you want ?

Just curious.
I want the mainstream media to STOP BEING political advocacy orgs and LEARN how to "journal"..

Why do you have different rules for mainstream vs non-mainstream?

[
I have nothing against questioning studies with well reasoned arguments, whether it is about Covid or MMGW (thanks FCT for translating), but I'm guessing it is more than that going on in the Treehouse.

What's going on at the TreeHouse I hear about every day from the wife unit.. And it's a respected form of investigative journalism --- ALL spearheaded by the ONE blogger that runs it.,. Many members of CONGRESS are known fans..

Can you provide a link to this place where you think it is a respected form of investigative journalism.

I went to a site to check it out.

I did read some of the articles (posts). I'll read some more. But I am not sure I see what you are seeing.

How did you determine they "respected form of investigative journalism"?

I’m not sure they are either, at least if I look them up here: The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) - Media Bias/Fact Check

This site states they promote a lore of conspiracy, fake news, have poor sourcing and transparency which might be what is getting them in trouble with Wordpress sopince it seems platforms aren’t cracking down on this.

Wow -- Your substitute brain at Media Bias takes points off to nit pick the strangest shit about CTHouse ---

The Last Refuge is a conservative news and opinion blog that encourages comments on their posts. According to their about page: “Fear is at the core of liberalism, and love/trust is at the core of conservatism. Liberalism is about control. Conservatism is about self-empowerment.” This biased statement is reflected in the content of the website.

Wow.,. Was COMPLETELY UNAWARE YOU CAN FACT-CHECK OPINION !!!! If you fall this analysis you're a mental midget.. Such DANGEROUS talk eh? You want to compare to a day at Demo Underground about "unsourced opinion..

But WAIT -- it gets better.. Evidently you can get points off for juicing a title.. EVEN A LITTLE BIT..

There is considerable use of loaded language in headlines such as this: Sketchy Business: Grassley Releases Original Ford Letter to Feinstein… Although this particular article is written well and utilizes sourcing, it ends in big bold letters LIES!, conveying strong support for Judge Kavanaugh without evidence.

Wow.. Now ain't that kindergarden level picky. WELL WRITTEN -- WELL SOURCED -- But "Sketchy Business in the TITLE??? Burn 'em.

Need to nuke some fact checkers.. They piss me off posing as objective judges OF ANYTHING.. Especially when they fancy themselves important at all to "free expression" or "free speech"..
A day at the Dem Underground? That is kind of funny...they, deservedly have a similarly low rating.

Yah know how many times I have been banned at the democrat underground? At least 10 times for life

The last time they got pissed off by me saying poor people subsidize rich people for electric cars. .

From your link

Overall, we rate Democratic Underground Left Biased based on story selection and political affiliation with the Democratic Party. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources and a few failed fact checks.

Exactly. It is hardly a reputable site.

[

Can you provide a link to this place where you think it is a respected form of investigative journalism.

I did read some of the articles (posts). I'll read some more. But I am not sure I see what you are seeing.

I’m not sure they are either, at least if I look them up here: The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) - Media Bias/Fact Check

This site states they promote a lore of conspiracy, fake news, have poor sourcing and transparency which might be what is getting them in trouble with Wordpress sopince it seems platforms aren’t cracking down on this.

Wow -- Your substitute brain at Media Bias takes points off to nit pick the strangest shit about CTHouse ---

The Last Refuge is a conservative news and opinion blog that encourages comments on their posts. According to their about page: “Fear is at the core of liberalism, and love/trust is at the core of conservatism. Liberalism is about control. Conservatism is about self-empowerment.” This biased statement is reflected in the content of the website.

Wow.,. Was COMPLETELY UNAWARE YOU CAN FACT-CHECK OPINION !!!! If you fall this analysis you're a mental midget.. Such DANGEROUS talk eh? You want to compare to a day at Demo Underground about "unsourced opinion..

But WAIT -- it gets better.. Evidently you can get points off for juicing a title.. EVEN A LITTLE BIT..

There is considerable use of loaded language in headlines such as this: Sketchy Business: Grassley Releases Original Ford Letter to Feinstein… Although this particular article is written well and utilizes sourcing, it ends in big bold letters LIES!, conveying strong support for Judge Kavanaugh without evidence.

Wow.. Now ain't that kindergarden level picky. WELL WRITTEN -- WELL SOURCED -- But "Sketchy Business in the TITLE??? Burn 'em.

Need to nuke some fact checkers.. They piss me off posing as objective judges OF ANYTHING.. Especially when they fancy themselves important at all to "free expression" or "free speech"..
A day at the Dem Underground? That is kind of funny...they, deservedly have a similarly low rating.

Yah know how many times I have been banned at the democrat underground? At least 10 times for life

The last time they got pissed off by me saying poor people subsidize rich people for electric cars. .

From your link

Overall, we rate Democratic Underground Left Biased based on story selection and political affiliation with the Democratic Party. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources and a few failed fact checks.

Exactly. It is hardly a reputable site.
But they do have alot of cool kitty pictures

cat_blog.jpeg

[

Are they being banned? Censored or deplatformed?

Be VERY SPECIFIC and list the EVIDENCE the House presented to the Senate. What they did is demand the Senate do their job and FIND evidence.

I'm guessing that once the Orange Buffoon has had his arse kicked to touch we'll really get to see what was in the Mueller Report.
So you support breaking the law? The only thing the House did not get was the part it is ILLEGAL to disclose.

[

Are they being banned? Censored or deplatformed?
No idea. But then, there are a lot of biased inaccurate RW sites out there unbanned too.

[

So they caught up some ACTUAL Occupy veterans in their ZEAL to find and purge the opposition. Just collateral man in the war,..

I'm so positive that twitter goes out of its way to PURGE imposters from Tea Party, Republican or Libertarian sites -- RIGHT??

Actually they have. They removed fake antiTrump accounts tied to Iran for example.

but you told us your link was about removing LEFTISTS!! Turns out they were removed for being FAKE leftists.. And trump supporters. 1500 of them.. And they probably burned some ACTUAL occupy accounts in their zeal to go after right pranksters..

[

Any possibility of selective quotes here?

That goes for all of yas. Thanks.

Not by me... I took the time to read the link and compare it to MY assessment of what I've seen from CTH... Actually never going to that site again until Coyote uses it again. That's HOW this "canceling" of speech SHOULD work.. Ya dont LIKE IT?? Dont read it.. When did all you libs become censors and cancellers?

Y'all USED to be on "my side" of freedom of expression..

Have to laugh, since this is about partisan censorship. Parler apparently censors too.

[

Not by me... I took the time to read the link and compare it to MY assessment of what I've seen from CTH... Actually never going to that site again until Coyote uses it again. That's HOW this "canceling" of speech SHOULD work.. Ya dont LIKE IT?? Dont read it.. When did all you libs become censors and cancellers?

I always thought private entities were allowed to call the shots on their privately owned properties. When did the right change their view on that?

Have to laugh, since this is about partisan censorship. Parler apparently censors too.

And IF TRUE -- how can you have a problem with Parler -- when ya dont with Twitter, FB, and now Wordpress? Can you be consistent?

POLARIZED soshmedia is ALWAYS gonna prune.. Because the agitators are THERE to troll.. Twitter has ALWAYS been a cesspool of septic slime.. You're welcome to it..

Parler aint gonna be better.. Because the FORMAT DISCOURAGE "speech" and encourages trash talk.

Since you keep mentioning it, going to sign up and see how fast I get banned.

[

I always thought private entities were allowed to call the shots on their privately owned properties. When did the right change their view on that?

Did ya read my post about the USMB analogy? Never got an answer from Da Gump who thinks butt hurts should start their own website and increase the polarization of this country to nuclear showdown..

So answer me this.. What would happen to OUR private website that DOES promote free expression if Google wanted to strangle us and remove our ad stream??

Does walking away and starting your OWN (like Parler) REALLY protect you from being strangled to death these days? It's like a small biz on the Internet being FORCED to join Amazon 3rd party or have their private site listing relegated to page 4 on search..

And IF TRUE -- how can you have a problem with Parler -- when ya dont with Twitter, FB, and now Wordpress? Can you be consistent?

POLARIZED soshmedia is ALWAYS gonna prune.. Because the agitators are THERE to troll.. Twitter has ALWAYS been a cesspool of septic slime.. You're welcome to it..

Parler aint gonna be better.. Because the FORMAT DISCOURAGE "speech" and encourages trash talk.
I don’t have a problem with Parler. That’s why I find it so funny. It’s their platform, their rules and TOS.

[

Did ya read my post about the USMB analogy? Never got an answer from Da Gump who thinks butt hurts should start their own website and increase the polarization of this country to nuclear showdown..

So answer me this.. What would happen to OUR private website that DOES promote free expression if Google wanted to strangle us and remove our ad stream??

Does walking away and starting your OWN (like Parler) REALLY protect you from being strangled to death these days? It's like a small biz on the Internet being FORCED to join Amazon 3rd party or have their private site listing relegated to page 4 on search..
Please use a selective quote next time you respond? Break the chain so I stop getting a bazillion alerts on this thread?

[

Well, two things. It actually did happen. Remember when we had those horrible ads? I mean REALLY horrible? And we had to utilize the word filter and crack down on potential porn to get back into a better category?

But aside from that, we still have rules and we do ban people.

I don’t have a problem with Parler. That’s why I find it so funny. It’s their platform, their rules and TOS.
I tried to sign up way to slow for me.

[

Please use a selective quote next time you respond? Break the chain so I stop getting a bazillion alerts on this thread?
I keep forgetting, will try to be more mindful

Dont think you understood these links.. EVERY SITE can have CLEAR SIMPLE published rules.. When you ban according to those CLEAR SIMPLE RULES -- you're not canceling folks for speech.. Neither FB or Twitter (or in this case Wordpress) gives CLEAR SIMPLE EXPLANATIONS to why you were throttled or banned or deplatformed.. THAT is the problem.. Not that they have "rules" like family, beasty pedo prohibitions.

And in your 2nd link we find THIS as evidence of "bias" at Parler..

Pretty much all of my leftist friends joined Parler to screw with MAGA folks, and every last one of them was banned in less than 24 hours because conservatives truly love free speech.

That's pretty ADMITTING that all his buds went there to troll and bait? Isn't it???

This is why a permanent partition of media MStream or Sosh is gonna accelerate the splits in this country.. And we KNOW -- in this case-- who "started it" and pushed us there..

I KNEW we were headed in that direction when FB took down a Senator Marsha Blackburn political ad..

This country CANNOT SURVIVE with separate media sources. It just can't. And I CANT FIX IT -- because having FAR left and FAR RIGHT sources aint what I'm after..

All I can do is watch the fireworks that are coming and remember how to pray...

Forum List

Back