🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The realities of Labor Unions

Interesting explanation of how the Koch Bros. got Florida State University + 163 others to advocate their libertarian ideas.

So, according to the logic of your video, since the government pays for the bulk of funding for universities, they must be getting what they paid for - that is, pro-government opinions from pinko professors.

My insurance has stayed the same rate. Why isn't that on the poll? And where's pineapple?

You must be a government worker

Thinking about it even I will shut the bitch down if I see they are making crap parts and lock it out and I am just a maintenance man . I will call it a safety hazard :)

When did line workers become responsible for bad designs? Why don't you go ahead and shut things down and then tell them they need to just go back to the drawing board? Come back and tell me how it works out for you.

I've gone over management's heads on serious safety violations that they wouldn't take care of because of cost. Never came out well for me but I did it anyway. This will usually just give you a name as a troublemaker no matter how serious the safety violation.
At my old jobs , yes, I got so mad at them, quit and sic OSHA, the EPA , the local fire marshall and Any one else i can think of, I did that twice (dont even get me started on how stupid OSHA is thats another story)
This job I would get fired if I don't shut it down for a safety issue

The reason why I am real big on safety is a friend of mine got killed in a 2000 ton injection molding machine.

Thinking about it even I will shut the bitch down if I see they are making crap parts and lock it out and I am just a maintenance man . I will call it a safety hazard :)

When did line workers become responsible for bad designs? Why don't you go ahead and shut things down and then tell them they need to just go back to the drawing board? Come back and tell me how it works out for you.

I've gone over management's heads on serious safety violations that they wouldn't take care of because of cost. Never came out well for me but I did it anyway. This will usually just give you a name as a troublemaker no matter how serious the safety violation.

It didn't turn out well with safety violations. What do you think would have happened if you told them their design was crappy and they needed to just redesign it? I suspect you would have been out the door before you finished your sentence.
This is what liberals dont understand I am real good at what I do, also a mold proccessor , 3 years of mold making apprentance , 2 years of mold design, 30 years in plastics along with my industrial injection molding maintenace knowledge , robotics, welding, carpentry , electronics hydrualics blah blah blah, the only real big thing i suck at is spelling

I command respect, I earn respect the plant manager comes to me to take care of problems. Hell every body does. That is more rewarding then going somewhere else and make $50 bucks an hour pushing a button

Edit that's what liberals, union workers , the youth today don't understand, the way I work I I am not a prima Donna I will get dirty as heck, I will clean the machines fix a toilet, help an Operator progam a robot, work 48 hours straight fixing a machine it don't matter , that's how you get respect. Once you get respect of every one, you get different treatment, I can fuck off in front of the plant manager and he don't care because every thing is running smooth .

Last edited:

It didn't turn out well with safety violations. What do you think would have happened if you told them their design was crappy and they needed to just redesign it? I suspect you would have been out the door before you finished your sentence.
This is what liberals dont understand I am real good at what I do, also a mold proccessor , 3 years of mold making apprentance , 2 years of mold design, 30 years in plastics along with my industrial injection molding maintenace knowledge , robotics, welding, carpentry , electronics hydrualics the only real big thing i suck at is spelling

I command respect, I earn respect the plant manager comes to me to take care of problems. Hell every body does. That is more rewarding then going somewhere else and make $50 bucks an hour pushing a button

And if they truly respected you, they'd be paying you that $50 bucks an hour.

Chances are, behind your back, they think you're a chump.

Last edited:
So the realities of labor unions is they can produce crap, demand high wages and benefits and curse anyone who opposes their racket and protectionism so they can continue to produce expensive crap while the rest of the world competes. That's what I thought.

Of course that's what you thought. It has no relation to reality, but it's exactly what the fox hive mind told you to think.

I got a job with a major tire manufacturer when I was young, as part of a three man crew. One man operated the machine, one weighed the chemical ingredients to be added to a weighed amount of rubber stock and one man to bring to the scale the raw rubber stock.
The raw rubber sat on pallets. Each weighing about 1500 pounds.
Sometimes the pallets were stuck together, so bringing them to the scale with a hand operated dolly was next to impossible.

At one of those times I yelled over to my crew mates asking them to come and help me. Answer: Fuck you, not my job.

Meanwhile the mixing machine was running empty wasting time and money we as crew could have earned.

That made up my mind for me. Stop associating with ignorant union members. Got a transfer to data processing taught myself computer programming and stayed with the company another 37 years happy and union free, never needing a bully to speak and bargain for me.

Unions today are an atavistic anachronism.

As a business owner that has in the past owned a Union shop, I found the Union to be a great partner who provided well trained workers. Of course I didn't try to fuck my workers out of their pay or benefits like so many of the Union haters.

Curious. What kind of business was it?

And why don't you own it anymore?

What is it that you union haters want?
Do you want the hated Federal government to abolish all unions?
Do you want all the unionized industries to leave the country?
Do you want the companies to be able to lock out the union members from doing their jobs?
Do you want to companies to be able in discriminate against union members?
You want people to be fired for even talking about a union?

What is it that you want to do to break the unions further?

I got a job with a major tire manufacturer when I was young, as part of a three man crew. One man operated the machine, one weighed the chemical ingredients to be added to a weighed amount of rubber stock and one man to bring to the scale the raw rubber stock.
The raw rubber sat on pallets. Each weighing about 1500 pounds.
Sometimes the pallets were stuck together, so bringing them to the scale with a hand operated dolly was next to impossible.

At one of those times I yelled over to my crew mates asking them to come and help me. Answer: Fuck you, not my job.

Meanwhile the mixing machine was running empty wasting time and money we as crew could have earned.

That made up my mind for me. Stop associating with ignorant union members. Got a transfer to data processing taught myself computer programming and stayed with the company another 37 years happy and union free, never needing a bully to speak and bargain for me.

Unions today are an atavistic anachronism.
I so hate when people say not my job, fired a few when I was a maintenance manager on the spot

This is what liberals dont understand I am real good at what I do, also a mold proccessor , 3 years of mold making apprentance , 2 years of mold design, 30 years in plastics along with my industrial injection molding maintenace knowledge , robotics, welding, carpentry , electronics hydrualics blah blah blah, the only real big thing i suck at is spelling

Edit that's what liberals, union workers , the youth today don't understand, the way I work I I am not a prima Donna I will get dirty as heck, I will clean the machines fix a toilet, help an Operator and progam a robot. It don't matter , that's how you get respect. Once you get respect of every one, you get different treatment, I can fuck off in front of the plant manager and he don't care because every thing is running smooth .

Well, good for you. What if your best friend there was being mistreated by his direct boss. I don't know......being shorted on hours, or being given all the shitty jobs, or just something......... With your obviously greater access to management, would you go to bat for him and try to help him out? In it's most basic form, you just formed a union.

I don't know what unions today are producing crap, they finally grown up since they 80s , but oh wait what about GM "if it ain't broke we didn't make it" and there massive recall? Everyone knew

My phone is acting up, of course I go to Bat for people. That's why I always said you don't need a union you have me

I know I am strange, but I made a thread on this, I do at work what The fictional hawkeye would do on MASH I did it my entire working life. . Be The best you can be and don't leave anyone behind

Last edited:
So the realities of labor unions is they can produce crap, demand high wages and benefits and curse anyone who opposes their racket and protectionism so they can continue to produce expensive crap while the rest of the world competes. That's what I thought.

Of course that's what you thought. It has no relation to reality, but it's exactly what the fox hive mind told you to think.
Fox? You babbling moron. Keep proving it. You can't even argue the point so you have to try to smear shit on something else to look better. LOL.

As a business owner that has in the past owned a Union shop, I found the Union to be a great partner who provided well trained workers. Of course I didn't try to fuck my workers out of their pay or benefits like so many of the Union haters.

Curious. What kind of business was it?

And why don't you own it anymore?
That's his schtick. His name and claim to ownership is supposed to give him credibility. But no one that talks to him for a while believes he's ever had a business.

And it's not a damn union it is a friendship, hell I fired my best man at my wedding twice at two different jobs and he was making $20 bucks an hours or so because he was being a lazy ass , of course I used my connection and got him from me and another job with a boss that was not demanding as I and he did real good till he passed away from cancer

edit if it was a damn American style union I would have sent him away from me and let him work in the assembly department making his same wage

Last edited:
And it's not a damn union it is a friendship, hell I fired my best man at my wedding twice at two different jobs and he was making $20 bucks an hours or so because he was being a lazy ass , of course I used my connection and got him from me and another job with a boss that was not demanding as I and he did real good till he passed away from cancer

I can understand how that can happen. I fired my son in law, and then paid his bills until he could get another job. Bottom line.....standing together to make things better for everybody is not a bad thing. I'm not saying to protect someone who isn't doing his job, but you know companies will not do anything for the workers that they aren't forced in one way or the other to do.

Why don't you tell all just which unions are producing crap and demanding higher wages.

Is it the union workers in the defense industry?
Oil and gas industries?
Auto industries?
Public sector unions?
Teamsters?
Aerospace workers?
Aircraft industry workers?

Come on now, when you speak with the certainty that you just wrote the above with, I am sure you have a long list of these awful unions striking and demanding and building shit.

So lets hear it.

This is what liberals dont understand I am real good at what I do, also a mold proccessor , 3 years of mold making apprentance , 2 years of mold design, 30 years in plastics along with my industrial injection molding maintenace knowledge , robotics, welding, carpentry , electronics hydrualics the only real big thing i suck at is spelling

And if they truly respected you, they'd be paying you that $50 bucks an hour.

Chances are, behind your back, they think you're a chump.

Edit that's what liberals, union workers , the youth today don't understand, the way I work I I am not a prima Donna I will get dirty as heck, I will clean the machines fix a toilet, help an Operator and progam a robot. It don't matter , that's how you get respect. Once you get respect of every one, you get different treatment, I can fuck off in front of the plant manager and he don't care because every thing is running smooth .

Well, good for you. What if your best friend there was being mistreated by his direct boss. I don't know......being shorted on hours, or being given all the shitty jobs, or just something......... With your obviously greater access to management, would you go to bat for him and try to help him out? In it's most basic form, you just formed a union.
Nope, I know how much they can pay me and still make a profit, I didnt say this the last job before this i became the plant manager for a year of family owned plastic exstruion plant, I saw the books . I quit there last april because the owner and got in a fight he didnt want me to hire women or old people.

I can understand how that can happen. I fired my son in law, and then paid his bills until he could get another job. Bottom line.....standing together to make things better for everybody is not a bad thing. I'm not saying to protect someone who isn't doing his job, but you know companies will not do anything for the workers that they aren't forced in one way or the other to do.
Well every bad thing i thought about you i take back, you are a good guy

Forum List

Back