The reality of renewable energy

Nonetheless, under the agreed plan, renewable infrastructure investment, particularly in energy transmission and grid systems, will receive a US$73 billion boost, which paves the way for greater renewable energy capacity moving forward.

The plan will upgrade US “power infrastructure, including by building thousands of miles of new, resilient transmission lines to facilitate the expansion of renewable energy, including through a new Grid Authority,” said a White House statement.

In total, it calls for US$973 billion in spending over the next five years, with US$1.2 trillion proposed over the next eight, factoring in the federal government’s current baseline.

The infrastructure plan agreed yesterday “is the single largest investment in clean energy transmission in American history”, added the White House statement.

The framework will be financed through a combination of taxes, corporate user fees and “the macroeconomic impact of infrastructure investment”.

I've been saying for 10 years the climate crusaders need a Plan B. They scoff at it....but 10 years have passed and they still haven't accomplished dick with the same old tired narrative.

The "science" has not transcended anywhere past its own field and some community message boards.
Energy policy makers still not giving a crap. :eusa_dance:

Nonetheless, under the agreed plan, renewable infrastructure investment, particularly in energy transmission and grid systems, will receive a US$73 billion boost, which paves the way for greater renewable energy capacity moving forward.

The plan will upgrade US “power infrastructure, including by building thousands of miles of new, resilient transmission lines to facilitate the expansion of renewable energy, including through a new Grid Authority,” said a White House statement.

In total, it calls for US$973 billion in spending over the next five years, with US$1.2 trillion proposed over the next eight, factoring in the federal government’s current baseline.

The infrastructure plan agreed yesterday “is the single largest investment in clean energy transmission in American history”, added the White House statement.

The framework will be financed through a combination of taxes, corporate user fees and “the macroeconomic impact of infrastructure investment”.

You didn't watch the documentary did you?

The entire clean energy movement is a farce.

Solar panels are produced by burning coal and degenerate over time
Windmills are a carbon nightmare and don't even last 20 years
Biomass is nothing but wood and now forests are being clear cut to feed furnaces
Large solar farms are destroying desert ecosystems and are nothing but fossil fuel plants at their heart.

In fact even though we have been told that so called renewable power has been installed we have not seen a reduction in fossil fuel based power generation but quite the opposite.

The entire argument that we can simply replace all fossil fuel generated power with "green" "clean" and "renewable " power and see no change in our way of life is a lie.

I've been saying for 10 years the climate crusaders need a Plan B. They scoff at it....but 10 years have passed and they still haven't accomplished dick with the same old tired narrative.

The "science" has not transcended anywhere past its own field and some community message boards.
And what the green energy people won't tell you is that there has been no decrease in the use of fossil fuel generated power despite their claims

And what the green energy people won't tell you is that there has been no decrease in the use of fossil fuel generated power despite their claims
I don't believe that is correct. What data are you basing that upon?

Watch the documentary

but here

Watch the documentary

but here

I live in Texas. 20% of our electric power comes from renewables.

PotHumans says intermittency has not been solved, in an attempt to dramatize itself. What a crock. Intermitency is disturbingly easy to accomplish in many ways. Badger has screwed the Sleeping-Heat Pimp since Ap 2020, not having paid one red cent to the c.u.n.t. That’s a lengthy, though intermittent screwing, 8-10 hours per 24-hour period..

Watch the documentary

but here

Bullshit.

Installed capacity isn't the same as actual output.

and has fossil fuel use decreased by 20%?

Furthermore, dumb-c.u.n.t. Homo sapiens is doing a worn-out theologian imitation, as if the stupidity of faith will be sufficient to replace the intelligence of knowledge. An example is the stupidity of still attempting to heat all of the space in its box (and[italics]) all of its possessions, 24-7.

Watch the documentary

but here

Bullshit.

Installed capacity isn't the same as actual output.

1625408511371.png

Any electricity generated by renewables reduces the electricity generated by fossil fuels.

Yes. In Texas fossil fuels are a swing fuel to generate electricity. When wind and solar are online electrical generation from natural gas and coal are cut back.

There is a government mandate that all electrical generation will be from renewables by 2050. I don't think that will happen or is a good idea but there it is. Right or wrong they are moving full steam ahead to phase out generating electricity from fossil fuels. I think it's a mistake and we will experience many predictable surprises.

Yes. In Texas fossil fuels are a swing fuel to generate electricity. When wind and solar are online electrical generation from natural gas and coal are cut back.

There is a government mandate that all electrical generation will be from renewables by 2050. I don't think that will happen or is a good idea but there it is. Right or wrong they are moving full steam ahead to phase out generating electricity from fossil fuels. I think it's a mistake and we will experience many predictable surprises.
more bullshit. You don't seem to realize that cycling power plants up and down actually uses MORE fuel than running that all the time

I don't care where you look

The energy demands are going up and the percentage of power from so called renewables has remained at about 2%.

Coal use reduces but that it then more than made up for by natural gas usage.

Wind and solar still only supply less than 3% of all power.

The demand for more power is not being met by wind and solar and it never will be.

It's a bad investment.

Installed capacity is a meaningless stat.

all that matters is actual output and wind has an abysmal ratio of installed capacity to actual output since on average a wind mill will only produce 25% of its rated capacity. Solar isn't much better at about 28-30%

large scale solar farms are a bust too

We have to accept some hard truths here.

We cannot expect to keep living as we are based on a model of infinite growth and unlimited energy use.

The earth is a closed system and like any closed system there are limits. I think we are getting very close to these limits.

more bullshit. You don't seem to realize that cycling power plants up and down actually uses MORE fuel than running that all the time

The energy demands are going up and the percentage of power from so called renewables has remained at about 2%.

The demand for more power is not being met by wind and solar and it never will be.
I'm not arguing the validity of using renewables. I am arguing against your statement that using renewables doesn't reduce the use of fossil fuels. Clearly it does.

Personal demand can be addressed, Homo sapiens is too lazy and thinks the cup is half empty when its actually half full, as when the sun shines in the summertime. Comparing demand of the entire population at the expense of those who are doing something about it at a personal level, one may as well be a promiscuous-minded democrat-liberal.

Watch the documentary

but here

I live in Oregon ... 100% of the electric power up North comes from renewables ... if fact, it is illegal to burn coal to produce electricity within the State ... Governor Kate Brown shut down every last coal-fired power plant in the entire state ... woot ... where I live it's only 80% renewables ... the rest is from natural gas ...

ETA: I don't agree with the assumption we're experiencing a mass extinction event ... yes, we're losing individual species, but these niches are quickly re-filled ... for example: we've eliminated the wolf from The West, only to see coyote populations explode and cause the same (if not more) damage to livestock operations ... during the Permian Event, over 70% of all organisms died off, leaving nothing to replace them ... big difference there ...

Pound for pound, mankind and his domesticates comprise 90% of all mammals in the world ... although that number is dwarfed by the tonnage of ants ... mammals are a small part of the ecosystem ... our effects on the microbial world are trivial ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back