The Rebel Flag: A New Symbol of Liberty?

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
It seems totally ironic to me that when all is said and done, the embattled Southern Cross, aka: Rebel Flag, might actually end up being the new symbol of liberty and freedom. All across America, people are waving their flags in the face of "political correctness" and demonstrating that the flag does not represent racist views. Counter-protests supporting the flag have been as large as any protest against it. These are not confined to the Southern states or to white Americans, it is a diverse cross-section who are standing for their right to honor history and heritage and display the symbols expressing themselves as individuals.

Freedom to express ourselves is our Constitutional First Amendment right. The question of what our intents or views are, doesn't really matter with regard to this right. Our views and opinions do not have to conform or not be found offensive. Even when someone flies the Southern Cross as a symbol of racist hate... it's still their Constitutional right.

It's almost like an epic Greek play.. the PC movement to condemn the flag ends up making the flag an icon of freedom.

Yes. It's a new symbol of freedom. We can expect all freedom loving politicians to affix a rebel flag pin to their lapel for future stump speeches.

They do love freedom,don't they?

It seems totally ironic to me that when all is said and done, the embattled Southern Cross, aka: Rebel Flag, might actually end up being the new symbol of liberty and freedom. All across America, people are waving their flags in the face of "political correctness" and demonstrating that the flag does not represent racist views. Counter-protests supporting the flag have been as large as any protest against it. These are not confined to the Southern states or to white Americans, it is a diverse cross-section who are standing for their right to honor history and heritage and display the symbols expressing themselves as individuals.

Freedom to express ourselves is our Constitutional First Amendment right. The question of what our intents or views are, doesn't really matter with regard to this right. Our views and opinions do not have to conform or not be found offensive. Even when someone flies the Southern Cross as a symbol of racist hate... it's still their Constitutional right.

It's almost like an epic Greek play.. the PC movement to condemn the flag ends up making the flag an icon of freedom.
AMEN !!!!!!! ......... Well said

Tell us more about the "diverse cross section" that rallies in support of the slavocracy swastika. I`ll bet they`re not very diverse at all.

It's almost like an epic Greek play.. the PC movement to condemn the flag ends up making the flag an icon of freedoms.
My "Rebel" flag is flying above the U.S. Flag that is turned upside down while a liberal communist occupies our White House..

It's almost like an epic Greek play.. the PC movement to condemn the flag ends up making the flag an icon of freedoms.
My "Rebel" flag is flying above the U.S. Flag that is turned upside down while a liberal communist occupies our White House..

Picture, please. Just put today's newspaper in the shot. I'd love to see it.

Uhm, no.

b1d20dcf27a1cd58a3acd991c4127073.jpg

But you go with that, mkay?!?!

:D

I refuse to buy a fucking liberal rag to prove anything to you.

Yeah, you go with that, l'il slugger.

OK. Take a picture of it with a common salad fork in the upper right hand corner. I really want to see your flags flying. Come on......be a good sport.

OK. Take a picture of it with a common salad fork in the upper right hand corner. I really want to see your flags flying. Come on......be a good sport.
People are flying the Confederate flag above the US flag all over the United States. Google it. I'm not unique.

I don't know about it being a "symbol of liberty" (personally I don't care for the flag), but I do know that "banning" something is an amazingly simplistic and shallow band-aid that usually only makes things worse.

It's therefore pretty clear that those who run around "banning" things are not actually trying to improve anything.

People are flying the Confederate flag above the US flag all over the United States. Google it. I'm not unique.

No, really, please take a picture of your Liberty! Share it with the world!!!

But I want to see yours. Come on. Just snap a pic. What's the issue?

Yes, racists are free to fly their racist flag. White supremacists can fly their swastika flags too.

The OP is demonstrating a great deal of wishful thinking but that is par for the course.

What matters is that the confederate flag itself will never be flown from a government building as a symbol of "liberty" because it represents racism and not liberty..

Forum List

Back