The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

The DOD that has Obama as the Commander and Chief? Lol! Now you are being silly.
Good point but there is a reasonable explanation for why it was done that had to do with Military codes unrelated to Obama.
Lol! You are funny.

Terror act or workplace violence? Hasan trial raises sensitive issue
So, victims and others are demanding, why is the November 2009 attack at Fort Hood being tried as a case of workplace violence and not as an act of terror?

Military law expert Scott L. Silliman says the answer is simple - because the Uniform Code of Military Justice does not have a punitive article for "terrorism."

"They really didn't have an option," says Silliman, director emeritus of Duke University's Center on Law, Ethics and National Security in Durham, N.C. "He was an active-duty officer. The crime occurred on a military installation. … It was obvious he was going to face a court-martial."

You go with that. We all know the real reason. And remember Benghazi? That was over a book? Lol!
Well, how could I possibly argue against something that you simply "know". Too funny.

I thought Benghazi would shut the nutter up.

Good point but there is a reasonable explanation for why it was done that had to do with Military codes unrelated to Obama.
Lol! You are funny.

So, victims and others are demanding, why is the November 2009 attack at Fort Hood being tried as a case of workplace violence and not as an act of terror?

Military law expert Scott L. Silliman says the answer is simple - because the Uniform Code of Military Justice does not have a punitive article for "terrorism."

"They really didn't have an option," says Silliman, director emeritus of Duke University's Center on Law, Ethics and National Security in Durham, N.C. "He was an active-duty officer. The crime occurred on a military installation. … It was obvious he was going to face a court-martial."

You go with that. We all know the real reason. And remember Benghazi? That was over a book? Lol!
Well, how could I possibly argue against something that you simply "know". Too funny.

I am accustomed to the deflection tactics of RWNJs such as yourself and remain undeterred.

The Regressive Lefties here, as I predicted, are desperately trying to make this thread about anything other than what it is actually about: Specifically, asking why they behave as they do, as outlined clearly in the OP.

Fortunately, some interesting theories have been offered, and that works for me.

They sure did get upset, though. I feel bad.

:biggrin:

I'm reminded of a little diagnostic device I used at a website several years ago. It was brand new to me at the time. I posted a statement indicating that there were sure a lot of antisemites in the forum and it acted in similar fashion.

The most antisemitic posters at the site were falling all over themselves in denial.

Ah -- the telltale heart!
Kind of like a certain OP, who can remain nameless, falling all over himself to remind people how moderate he is every chance he gets.

Well, it makes me wonder, who makes up the constituency that voted for Sadiq Kahn? The left doesn't quite explain this. Odd how the left attacks traditional English Christian values and endorses a religion that would destroy Christianity, the west and liberalism. When a white female Christian becomes mayor of Mecca, we can talk about diversity in the real world.
British voters dont give a toss what religion you follow. He ran a better campaign.
Stop trying to view it through an American prism.

This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Left (as honest liberal Bill Maher refers to them), a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another religion (Christianity, obviously) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first religion. A religion, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors that the Regressive Leftists loathe.

Exactly what is happening here?

Is this just a petulant, knee-jerk reaction against Christianity and conservatives, is it that simple? Are they willing to be so very tolerant of one specific religion just to be contrarian against certain other people they hate?

Or could it be more? Is this behavior related to the payback tactics that we're seeing with race and wealth? Or perhaps do they harbor certain affinities for the religion to which they won't openly admit?

And directly to the Regressive Leftists here: I'm certainly not, nor do I ever, expect a straight, clear and honest answer from you on this. What I expect from you is the standard deflection, derision, personal insults and name-calling. I know that's what we'll get, it's an easy prediction. This thread is specifically about your behaviors, not about Islam. I'm just curious about this, and perhaps some other responses will shed some light or provide some clues.

When your OP is constructed in such a call out fashion - ie labeling folks "regressive leftists" and adding a bunch of other inflammatory terms, it's difficult to respond in the thoughtful manner you are demanding particularly since you are lobbing the same insults and name-calling you accuse them of doing. But I'll try.

I object to the singling out of Islam, as somehow not deserving of the same rights and protections in this country as other religions have. Whether it's the extreme right trying to claim it isn't a real religion but a "socio-political" ideology, trying to strip Muslims of their rights as American citizens, or claiming that "reasonable accommodation" applies only to non-Muslim religions and if it's a Muslim it's "creeping Sharia".

Treat them the same as any other religion in America. What's so hard about that?

Regressive is a spot on term describing you guys.

You can't treat racists the same as normal non-racist people. You can't treat non-diverse groups as if they were diverse. NO! You treat people like they treat you. This is just a so basic moral principle that I don't even understand how so many regressed people seem to have missed it.

Case in point, this mayor is a complete racist:

Sadiq Khan: There are too many white men on Transport for London

If he values racism, and is voted in by racist Muslims, whites should absolutely do the same and NOT treat him like a other white guy (generally not racist). Otherwise this is not going to end well for non-muslims.

This guy got it right:

But Khan is obviously right bout this.

[

...3- In 1990 the US and UK invaded Iraq under false pretenses and remained there for 18 years - thousands were murdered and maimed...
Incorrect. It was Kuwait, not Iraq, and any border incursions over the Iraqi border were quickly withdrawn. Perhaps the dumbass Iraqis should not have invaded Kuwait?

Yeah, doesn't look like an invasion of Iraq to me...

1500px-DesertStormMap_v2.svg.png
That's not an invasion, my little Arab-Muzzie Lover... that's a massive COUNTERstrike, after Kuwait was invaded.

The coalition did nothing more than outflank the Iraqis, maneuvering en masse.

Now... had they stayed there, beyond what was required to beat the Iraqi Army, now THAT would have been an invasion, but that's not what happened.

How long after the Iraqi surrender did the Coalition withdraw to the other side of the border?

Last edited:
Well, it makes me wonder, who makes up the constituency that voted for Sadiq Kahn? The left doesn't quite explain this. Odd how the left attacks traditional English Christian values and endorses a religion that would destroy Christianity, the west and liberalism. When a white female Christian becomes mayor of Mecca, we can talk about diversity in the real world.
British voters dont give a toss what religion you follow. He ran a better campaign.
Stop trying to view it through an American prism.
Why not? The British prism has been shattered.

multi.jpg

The Regressive Lefties here, as I predicted, are desperately trying to make this thread about anything other than what it is actually about: Specifically, asking why they behave as they do, as outlined clearly in the OP.

Fortunately, some interesting theories have been offered, and that works for me.

None can address your issue, they make excuses.

Nobody here exhibits the behavior he described.

Lol! Man, you are in denial nutter.

Really? Are you going to help him out and show us where someone rails against Christian "misdeeds" but not against Muslm "misdeeds"?

I'll look forward to it.

May Allah and every Muslim terrorist meet a fate more horrible than spending a day with Mac.

I'm reminded of a little diagnostic device I used at a website several years ago. It was brand new to me at the time. I posted a statement indicating that there were sure a lot of antisemites in the forum and it acted in similar fashion.

The most antisemitic posters at the site were falling all over themselves in denial.

Ah -- the telltale heart!
:laugh:

Yes, the old "the lady doth protest too much" thing.

They do hate that mirror.

Freewill, you'll notice we're 140+ posts into this thread and none of them has addressed the behaviors listed in the OP.

Surprised?

We have addressed them. They don't exist. You cannot cite examples of that which you claim are "behaviors". May Allah's image be drawn in charicature on the ass of a diseased donkey.

We also addressed them the last hundred times he made this stupid rant.
Holy crap, now the Regressive Lefties are denying that they even do it.

Just like some of them deny the very existence of PC.

No, they don't deflect, as they have this whole freaking thread, just as I predicted.

Denial!! I have to admit, I didn't predict THAT one! You've gone beyond the call of duty!

Examples of USMB members doing "it", please. And....I wish a horrible death upon any violent extremist Muslim who still breathes. May their false god be erased from the collective human memory.

Earmuffs.....bitch.

White, ‘Chrisitian’ Terrorists masquerading as patriots

Comparing Republican “Christian Values” To Islamic Fundamentalism

Muslim Vs. Christian Terrorist Kill Scores

Freewill, you'll notice we're 140+ posts into this thread and none of them has addressed the behaviors listed in the OP.

Surprised?

We have addressed them. They don't exist. You cannot cite examples of that which you claim are "behaviors". May Allah's image be drawn in charicature on the ass of a diseased donkey.

No, they don't deflect, as they have this whole freaking thread, just as I predicted.

Denial!! I have to admit, I didn't predict THAT one! You've gone beyond the call of duty!

Examples of USMB members doing "it", please. And....I wish a horrible death upon any violent extremist Muslim who still breathes. May their false god be erased from the collective human memory.

Earmuffs.....bitch.

You can give them a million good examples, it won't matter.

They will simply deny, right in the face of all of them. They are liars.

Earmuffs.....bitch.

there is no better way to scatter cockroaches or liberals than to expose them to light.

Earmuffs.....bitch.

there is no better way to scatter cockroaches or liberals than to expose them to light.
I'll be saving this thread for later use. They'll do it many, many more times.

One of them did it on this very thread, deflecting while denying it's not done!

Check out posts 213 & 214. They can't help themselves.

Last edited:

Careful Mac, if this thread is considered a "political wind" turning ugly against Islam, you know for sure what side Obama will take, he told us. Not America. Not Christians. Not the world. Maybe that is what the left wing is really scared of, that and Christians trying to save the unborn.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." BHO
Oh yeah, there's a very good chance I'll lose control of this one pretty quickly, :laugh:

What I'm specifically focusing on is the behaviors of those who are so tolerant and defensive of one religion while simultaneously being so hateful of another.

No doubt it will get dragged in other directions, but that's my question here.

Quick question. I drove by at least one mosque on the way home the other evening. I know so because I saw the word “mosque” on the official public road sign (yellow sign, square, hung like a triangle as if it were warning about uneven lanes or a railroad crossing)….and likely 4 or 5 churches.

I didn’t give a second thought to what was being said inside any of the buildings.

Is that being tolerant and defensive?

Earmuffs.....bitch.

I went back and read a bunch of those posts and have come to the conclusion that you, in fact, are COYOTE. No one, in fact, could make your point so blatantly clear even a liberal.

Careful Mac, if this thread is considered a "political wind" turning ugly against Islam, you know for sure what side Obama will take, he told us. Not America. Not Christians. Not the world. Maybe that is what the left wing is really scared of, that and Christians trying to save the unborn.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." BHO
Oh yeah, there's a very good chance I'll lose control of this one pretty quickly, :laugh:

What I'm specifically focusing on is the behaviors of those who are so tolerant and defensive of one religion while simultaneously being so hateful of another.

No doubt it will get dragged in other directions, but that's my question here.

Quick question. I drove by at least one mosque on the way home the other evening. I know so because I saw the word “mosque” on the official public road sign (yellow sign, square, hung like a triangle as if it were warning about uneven lanes or a railroad crossing)….and likely 4 or 5 churches.

I didn’t give a second thought to what was being said inside any of the buildings.

Is that being tolerant and defensive?
Uh, is this a trick question?

Sounds like you did what a majority of people who do, is that a good answer?

This thread is about the Regressive Left's behavior.

Earmuffs.....bitch.

I went back and read a bunch of those posts and have come to the conclusion that you, in fact, are COYOTE. No one, in fact, could make your point so blatantly clear even a liberal.
It's only clear if they want it to be.

They don't want it to be.

Of course questioning their motives / actions is not allowed / is condemned by liberals, who insist anyone suggesting all of this is 'questionable behavior' is the one we should worry about...
Still, I'm curious.

There may be a perfectly logical explanation that I haven't considered.
Regressive left and logic in the same sentence?

By God I think I've heard it all now.

Lol! You are funny.

I am accustomed to the deflection tactics of RWNJs such as yourself and remain undeterred.

Liars Iike yourself will never be undeterred, you need to spread the propaganda.

Forum List

Back