The Right Path: From Ike to Reagan, How Republicans Once Mastered Politics–and Can Again

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i will continue the project of this thread after i come back from a long hiatus

Dominant in national politics for forty years under the influence of the conservative but pragmatic leadership of Dwight Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan, the GOP, is in a self-inflicted eclipse. The only way forward? Recover the principled realism of the giants who led the party to greatness.

Rhetorical propaganda is a benefit if you argue for the popular ones.

Dominant in national politics for forty years under the influence of the conservative but pragmatic leadership of Dwight Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan, the GOP, is in a self-inflicted eclipse. The only way forward? Recover the principled realism of the giants who led the party to greatness.
you cant comment on the article? seems like another rush to create a thread with zero thought other than being first, by you

you cant comment on the article? seems like another rush to create a thread with zero thought other than being first, by you
here's my comment: if you don't like my threads, GFY, don't click on them

Republicans have not won the popular vote since Bush. They have become a regional party based on dirt and gerrymandering, not votes.

Republicans have not won the popular vote since Bush. They have become a regional party based on dirt and gerrymandering, not votes.
They could become a worker's party, but have to get rid of the racist Larouche types and need something besides "tax cuts for the 1%!" as a policy.

The left wing media that never saw a republican it liked generally vilified Ike for being lazy etc but Ike was able to rise above it. The media learned it's lesson and ganged up on Nixon by using an anonymous informant that was never identified until after he was dead. They tried the same thing with Reagan and Iran Contra but Reagan used his charm and acting ability to stay above it. Bush didn't have that talent and the media ganged up on him and Trump was mercilessly attacked. The point is that the media will support a democrat no matter what and attack a republican every time. Sometimes it's more about propaganda than politics.

here's my comment: if you don't like my threads, GFY, don't click on them
just saying, you are lazy, extremely lazy,

if you dont like my comments, block me so you dont see my comments, everyone else will, but you wont

so, go fuck yourself, that is gfy, right?

just saying, you are lazy, extremely lazy,

if you dont like my comments, block me so you dont see my comments, everyone else will, but you wont

so, go fuck yourself, that is gfy, right?
yes it is. did you do it yet? i'm not lazy, just busy. i don't like to blocks folks. everyone is worthy of being listened to except satanists and pedophiles. you are neither

yes it is. did you do it yet? i'm not lazy, just busy. i don't like to blocks folks. everyone is worthy of being listened to except satanists and pedophiles. you are neither
Yes, everyone is worth listening to. I said my piece, now you know how to correct yourself. Thank me.

I obviously came to your thread/op cause the title caught my interest. I expressed that your OP is deficient. That your OP should contain a quote and comment by you so that we can either agree or disagree and join in a debate.

if you dont care, I dont care either, you just wont see as many people replying as you otherwise would, but you obviously get a kick out of being first posting whatever you see and there is no rule against it, so do as you wish.

You heard my piece, take it with a grain of salt.

Forum List

Back