The right to be taken care of

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Is being taken care of a basic human right? If 'yes', what exactly does that mean to you?

Is being taken care of a basic human right? If 'yes', what exactly does that mean to you?

Define "being taken care of" before we go any farther.

Well, since with pretty much any definition I can imagine, my answer would be "no", I thought I'd leave pinning down the definition to those advocating for such a right.

Well, since with pretty much any definition I can imagine, my answer would be "no", I thought I'd leave pinning down the definition to those advocating for such a right.

Hey! Did you design those stupid tests we had to take in high school or something?

"Just answer whatever question you want to answer." LOL

And is Kate Upton involved, and if so, how?

a_4x-horizontal.jpg

I wish it was a right. I'd choose the right to take care (concern over self) of Kate. :eusa_drool:

Sadly, it's Kate's right to take care of herself and not mine... :( :(

...or the government. :D

Why not just say, for the sake of argument, it is to be fed, housed, treated medically, and clothed...

And no.. no adult is OWED to be taken care of.. unless they are a ward of the state, wherein they also lose freedoms as a ward of the state

Hey! Did you design those stupid tests we had to take in high school or something?

"Just answer whatever question you want to answer." LOL

I hear you. It's just that figuring what is meant by the phrase is the crux of the debate. What does it mean to say that the government (or an employer) should "take care" of people?

You have a right to have access to the means to take care of yourself. You do not have the right for the government to use force to take from others so that it may provide you goods or services that you are more than capable of acquiring for yourself.

Society has an obligation to help those who cannot help themselves. Everyone else is on their own.

You have a right to have access to the means to take care of yourself. You do not have the right for the government to use force to take from others so that it may provide you goods or services that you are more than capable of acquiring for yourself.

Society has an obligation to help those who cannot help themselves. Everyone else is on their own.

and then you get into the whole argument of what "help" means and who are the ones who cant help themselves.

If you are incarcerated or in a nut house sure. Otherwise GOYA(get off your ass) and help yourself.

and then you get into the whole argument of what "help" means and who are the ones who cant help themselves.

Catastrophic illness, insane, severely handicapped, orphaned.

I would be good with that...

The problem comes in when the 'wanty' proclaim themselves as 'needy' and 'in need of help' and the government politicians, in order to pander for their votes, change the standards so they can pay off the 'wanty' with entitlements in exchange for their votes

This needs to be defined with very clear parameters.

Forum List

Back