The Right To Bear Arms

Magazines holding more than 10 rounds were used in 31 of the 62 mass shootings we investigated.

"A Killing Machine": Half of All Mass Shooters Used High-Capacity Magazines | Mother Jones

10+ shot magazines are STANDARD ISSUE for almost ALL semi-automatic handguns made, so your headline is MEANINGLESS.

Which puts it in the same class as all your other posts...

and the standard 30 round magazine is just that standard and not high capacity

10+ shot magazines are STANDARD ISSUE for almost ALL semi-automatic handguns made, so your headline is MEANINGLESS.

Which puts it in the same class as all your other posts...

and the standard 30 round magazine is just that standard and not high capacity

"Standard" by whose standards? A 10-round magazine is more than sufficient - unless one is a very bad shot. A good shotgun (pump or semi) helps compensate for poor marksmanship.

A good shotgun (pump or semi) helps compensate for poor marksmanship.

Wrong.

The majority, most, people hit more accurately, readily and consistently with a properly equipped AR-15 than a shotgun.

"The majority"...? Hardly. In a panic situation at short distance (5-10 yards)? I'll take a shotgun with 00 buckshot any day for home defense.

As the nation becomes more corrupt and communistic, not only is the second amendment obsolete but the whole constitution is inadequate.

A good shotgun (pump or semi) helps compensate for poor marksmanship.

Wrong.

The majority, most, people hit more accurately, readily and consistently with a properly equipped AR-15 than a shotgun.

I've owned an AR-15 and used an M-16 in the Marines. They aren't good weapons around a neighborhood. I shot a bullet from an AR-15 that went through two trees about 16 inches in diameter. The trees were getting plenty of moisture and amazingly the bullet continued in a straight line. It was a military surplus round though and I don't think they are presently available to the public. After the bullet exited the second tree, I couldn't find where it went, but I was surprised how it penetrated so much wood and didn't seem to deform. The holes in the second tree looked like the first. After that I stopped ever firing my AR-15 without a backstop, though the area I was shooting in was private property with a stream and natural backstop. Still, I couldn't know if someone was trespassing in that area, because it was too wooded.

The sound of an 870 is going to scare the piss out of someone and I think it's safer to have around than an 1100. Both are easy to load and don't penetrate to shoot your neighbor, like an AR-15 will. If you are that worried about a home invasion, get a big dog! Name your dog NRA, so you can be happy and the dog doesn't care what you call it, as long as you call.

Forum List

Back