The Right To Bear Arms

You know what happens when you ASSume?
Only I will not participate in your assumption.
It was nether sensible nor lawful to incarcerate whole populations based on potential, theoretical, imaginings that some MIGHT be spies.

was it sensible to assume incinerating 100,000 at a time with the A bomb might encourage them to surrender and end a war that killed 60 million?? The CIC gets to make assumptions! Incarcerating a few 1000 was uber ultra trival in the scheme of things. Sorry to be
the one to inform you.

did you know that many of the Italian chuches in the 1930's encouraged people to send their gold, including wedding rings, to Mussolini.

Last edited:
The decision to use the atom bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a military decision against an enemy that was believed would continue fighting to the last man woman and child. That would have cost more enemy lives and the lives of our soldiers and provided the USSR with a big chunk of eastern asia. The bombs were dropped and the war ended and although they killed 105000 in the combined attacks (immediate deaths with about another 50000 deaths due to the effects of the radiation) it saved many more lives and left Asia untouched by the USSR at the end of the war.
The actions of men in time of war are rarely sensible and the only good that can come from it is its ending.

Last edited:
I've owned an AR-15 and used an M-16 in the Marines. They aren't good weapons around a neighborhood. I shot a bullet from an AR-15 that went through two trees about 16 inches in diameter. The trees were getting plenty of moisture and amazingly the bullet continued in a straight line. It was a military surplus round though and I don't think they are presently available to the public. After the bullet exited the second tree, I couldn't find where it went, but I was surprised how it penetrated so much wood and didn't seem to deform. The holes in the second tree looked like the first. After that I stopped ever firing my AR-15 without a backstop, though the area I was shooting in was private property with a stream and natural backstop. Still, I couldn't know if someone was trespassing in that area, because it was too wooded.

The sound of an 870 is going to scare the piss out of someone and I think it's safer to have around than an 1100. Both are easy to load and don't penetrate to shoot your neighbor, like an AR-15 will. If you are that worried about a home invasion, get a big dog! Name your dog NRA, so you can be happy and the dog doesn't care what you call it, as long as you call.

You are full of poo. No 5.56X45 NATO (either the M855 OR the NATO SS 109, which are both SAP) round will penetrate a 16 inch diameter tree (except for maybe a balsa tree), much less two! It is physically impossible. 99% of all civilian and 80% of all military rounds will break apart at the cannelure upon impact with anything and disintigrate. That means they are relatively safe to use indoors in a defence situation (as safe as any high velocity projectile), those that don't break apart will still deform highly and turn sideways and stop in short order.

I agree a pump shotgun is better, but an AR is every bit as valid a defence weapon as any other no matter your BS political opinion. The one time that SCOTUS has ruled on a NFA weapon they held that a sawed off shotgun could be controlled because it had "no forseeable military purpose".

I know what I saw, fool, and the trees probably were red maple of the swamp maple variety, not the onamental lawn variety. I was astonished and I didn't think it would penetrate even the first tree. It could be because the trees were getting plenty of water, but I wasn't that close to that stream and was on a slope going towards it. I also thought the bullet would start to tumble and there was no evidence of that happening. All four holes were the diameter of the bullet, though the back of the trees was busted out like an exit should be.

What part of that round going right through a person and hitting another person is too hard to understand. Those NATO rounds were known to hit a bone and travel to weird places in a human body until exiting. You can get shot in the chest and have it come out your leg. I doubt if normal ammo is that bad, but those military rounds could do some weird shit and I have shot plenty of them. You could buy them for around $0.07 to $0.10 per round back then and the military surplus stores had plenty of rounds to sell.

Shooting an AR-15 off in a populated area is not safe. That round will go right through the walls of a house like it's nothing and a shotgun projectile would slow down. Use aught or double-aught and not deer slugs. Use a large dog and a shotgun, if you truly need protection from a home invasion and remember you don't have to shoot someone, unless you really have to. The good dog would keep a home invasion from happening, so use your brain for a change.

What I see about right-wingers is always the same bullshit. Nothing is ever what it is, to a group of fools like you people. You're the Ritalin Republican Party.

You are full of poo as I said. It is physically impossible for any 5.56 mm round to do what you described.

Here is just one of many tests showing the poor penetrative capability of 5.56 ammo. As I said, you are a prevaricator of the first order and full of dung...

223 Rem. gelatin only 9.5" two pieces

.223 Rem. wall & gelatin 5.5" * fragmented

.40S&W gelatin only 13.5" mushroomed

.40S&W wall & gelatin 22" * no deformation

.40S&W wall & gelatin 19.5" * slight deformation

12 ga. wall & gelatin 27.5" mushroomed

Real World .223 Testing

The penetrative capabilities you are describing are for a 7.62X51 NATO round (and even there you are full of crap as they can't punch through two trees, but they can punch through one) and yes, that round will punch holes through several houses in a block before it stops.

Last edited:
You are full of poo. No 5.56X45 NATO (either the M855 OR the NATO SS 109, which are both SAP) round will penetrate a 16 inch diameter tree (except for maybe a balsa tree), much less two! It is physically impossible. 99% of all civilian and 80% of all military rounds will break apart at the cannelure upon impact with anything and disintigrate. That means they are relatively safe to use indoors in a defence situation (as safe as any high velocity projectile), those that don't break apart will still deform highly and turn sideways and stop in short order.

I agree a pump shotgun is better, but an AR is every bit as valid a defence weapon as any other no matter your BS political opinion. The one time that SCOTUS has ruled on a NFA weapon they held that a sawed off shotgun could be controlled because it had "no forseeable military purpose".

I know what I saw, fool, and the trees probably were red maple of the swamp maple variety, not the onamental lawn variety. I was astonished and I didn't think it would penetrate even the first tree. It could be because the trees were getting plenty of water, but I wasn't that close to that stream and was on a slope going towards it. I also thought the bullet would start to tumble and there was no evidence of that happening. All four holes were the diameter of the bullet, though the back of the trees was busted out like an exit should be.

What part of that round going right through a person and hitting another person is too hard to understand. Those NATO rounds were known to hit a bone and travel to weird places in a human body until exiting. You can get shot in the chest and have it come out your leg. I doubt if normal ammo is that bad, but those military rounds could do some weird shit and I have shot plenty of them. You could buy them for around $0.07 to $0.10 per round back then and the military surplus stores had plenty of rounds to sell.

Shooting an AR-15 off in a populated area is not safe. That round will go right through the walls of a house like it's nothing and a shotgun projectile would slow down. Use aught or double-aught and not deer slugs. Use a large dog and a shotgun, if you truly need protection from a home invasion and remember you don't have to shoot someone, unless you really have to. The good dog would keep a home invasion from happening, so use your brain for a change.

What I see about right-wingers is always the same bullshit. Nothing is ever what it is, to a group of fools like you people. You're the Ritalin Republican Party.

You are full of poo as I said. It is physically impossible for any 5.56 mm round to do what you described.

Here is just one of many tests showing the poor penetrative capability of 5.56 ammo. As I said, you are a prevaricator of the first order and full of dung...

Real World .223 Testing

The penetrative capabilities you are describing are for a 7.62X51 NATO round (and even there you are full of crap as they can't punch through two trees, but they can punch through one) and yes, that round will punch holes through several houses in a block before it stops.

Who gives a fuck what you believe? I know what I did and saw, dumbass. I also went through boot camp during the M-14 days and it's still my favorite long distance weapon without a scope.

Aren't you that guy who claims to be a geologist and doesn't know a damned thing about Geology? Why is it I've only had a few science courses required for a Geology degree and know more about the subject than you do?

Real World .223 Testing

Who gives a fuck what you believe? I know what I did and saw, dumbass. I also went through boot camp during the M-14 days and it's still my favorite long distance weapon without a scope.

Aren't you that guy who claims to be a geologist and doesn't know a damned thing about Geology? Why is it I've only had a few science courses required for a Geology degree and know more about the subject than you do?

It's not what I "believe" dumbshit. No 5.56 round has the physical ability to do what you claim...PERIOD. It is not a "belief" It is a FACT! Your drug addled "observations" are cute but they bear no resemblence to the physical world.

Yeah, insult me all you like (it's the only thing you seem capable of doing) but feel free to ask me any question you like in the geological realm.

Here's a simple one for you....I gave this as a test question to my second year students..

What is the general mechanism behind how an image plate detector records a diffraction event?

Real World .223 Testing

It's not what I "believe" dumbshit. No 5.56 round has the physical ability to do what you claim...PERIOD. It is not a "belief" It is a FACT! Your drug addled "observations" are cute but they bear no resemblence to the physical world.

Yeah, insult me all you like (it's the only thing you seem capable of doing) but feel free to ask me any question you like in the geological realm.

Here's a simple one for you....I gave this as a test question to my second year students..

What is the general mechanism behind how an image plate detector records a diffraction event?

I know what I saw and the wood in those trees was moist inside. They could have been poplar, but it went through two trees and the bullet penetrated straight through. I found the second tree by following what I considered the straight path of the bullet and there it was. It was also weird, because the trees were a distance apart, maybe twenty feet, and they were both hit dead center and exited as such. My father-in-law grew up in a city and he wanted to build a pond where that stream was. He damned it up and created a large swampy area. To truly build a pond there he need a backhoe. He lost interest in it and I tore down his damn and channeled the swampy area, by digging and repeatedly damming up the water with a plywood dam to cut a channel. I cut channels all the way back to the many springs feeding the stream. After awhile, all I had do is walk it removing old limbs and the water was cutting the channels for me. That whole swampy area dried and started to spring up. It didn't take many years before large red maples were everywhere in that area and that's why I considered it may have been a red maple. Back in those days, I never paid much attention to the types of trees, but my in-laws were into the names of plants and my grandfather could give the name of about every weed under the sun, so I started picking up the names.

I don't give a fuck what an idiot like you thinks, but that was the first and last time I ever used an AR-15 to shoot a tree. You're just a right-wing hacking troll, period.

When I was young, I had my choice of home defense weapons with a .45 M1911 auto, a Remington 870 shotgun and an AR-15. I considered the shotgun the best choice, even though the pistol will also back off someone and who could miss at that short range inside a house? It's possible to shot right through a person with an AR-15 and not possible with the other two weapons that have much more stopping power.

I think this issue is only brought up for partisan reasons. If FDR was a Republican, probably we would support his decision and so would they. I think people on the far right believe they are contributing something to their cause by just hacking away at the opposition, while in fact they are demonstrating to the world, they have no judgment at all. They are their own worst enemy.

Fuck that. FDR was a scumbag (like you) regardless of party. You've got it all ass-backwards again. YOU are so fucking hyperpartisan that you would go so far as to try (and fail) to defend the indefensible. You don't give a shit about this country and you don't give a shit about people - any people. The only thing you care about is your absurdly extreme partisanship. You're a fucking disgrace as a human being, and you're sure as hell NOT a real American.

I assume we all now agree on the obvious, namely, it was perfectly sensible to assume Germans, Japanese, and Italians had dual loyalities and were potential spies??? .

What gives you the idea that "we all now agree" on anything based on the thread so far, you idiotic headcase? You and 'dubya' really are a couple of fucking morons.

Fuck that. FDR was a scumbag (like you) regardless of party. You've got it all ass-backwards again. YOU are so fucking hyperpartisan that you would go so far as to try (and fail) to defend the indefensible. You don't give a shit about this country and you don't give a shit about people - any people. The only thing you care about is your absurdly extreme partisanship. You're a fucking disgrace as a human being, and you're sure as hell NOT a real American.

I assume we all now agree on the obvious, namely, it was perfectly sensible to assume Germans, Japanese, and Italians had dual loyalities and were potential spies??? .

What gives you the idea that "we all now agree" on anything based on the thread so far, you idiotic headcase? You and 'dubya' really are a couple of fucking morons.

Sarcasm, fool!

the-right-to-arm-bears-demotivation.jpg

if you don't agree that Germans Japanese and Italians were potential spies please say why or admit you lack the IQ to do so.

if you don't agree that Germans Japanese and Italians were potential spies please say why or admit you lack the IQ to do so.

There are always ethnic ties that can encourage someone to spy, but consider this. If some country started to rival the US and had the same stupid views of some of these far right-wingers, it wouldn't be hard to get one of them to spy against America. The same can be said for an American communist or socialist or some Neo-Nazi type who was around during WWII. It isn't hard to get people who are dissatified with our government to spy against it. Some people will spy for money, but it's usually an issue of loyalty and ideology. All our enemies in WWII had the resources to create spies from people in their country that were familiar with the US. The only defense against spying was to deny them access to sensitive information that could aid the enemy.

Before Pearl Harbor, people like Charles Lindbergh did things that supported the Nazis and others supported fascism in Italy. Most were like Lindbergh and sided with their country when it went to war, but I'm sure all of them didn't.

War is complex, but you don't need that many spies to screw things up, when they can focus on things vital to the war effort.

I know what I saw and the wood in those trees was moist inside. They could have been poplar, but it went through two trees and the bullet penetrated straight through. I found the second tree by following what I considered the straight path of the bullet and there it was. It was also weird, because the trees were a distance apart, maybe twenty feet, and they were both hit dead center and exited as such. My father-in-law grew up in a city and he wanted to build a pond where that stream was. He damned it up and created a large swampy area. To truly build a pond there he need a backhoe. He lost interest in it and I tore down his damn and channeled the swampy area, by digging and repeatedly damming up the water with a plywood dam to cut a channel. I cut channels all the way back to the many springs feeding the stream. After awhile, all I had do is walk it removing old limbs and the water was cutting the channels for me. That whole swampy area dried and started to spring up. It didn't take many years before large red maples were everywhere in that area and that's why I considered it may have been a red maple. Back in those days, I never paid much attention to the types of trees, but my in-laws were into the names of plants and my grandfather could give the name of about every weed under the sun, so I started picking up the names.

I don't give a fuck what an idiot like you thinks, but that was the first and last time I ever used an AR-15 to shoot a tree. You're just a right-wing hacking troll, period.

When I was young, I had my choice of home defense weapons with a .45 M1911 auto, a Remington 870 shotgun and an AR-15. I considered the shotgun the best choice, even though the pistol will also back off someone and who could miss at that short range inside a house? It's possible to shot right through a person with an AR-15 and not possible with the other two weapons that have much more stopping power.

What you "saw" is IMPOSSIBLE asshat. You can lie all you want but people who own and shoot those types of rifles KNOW what they can and cannot do. I own three of them and have shot tens of thousands of rounds through them. What you claim you saw is IMPOSSIBLE.

Now take your lies elsewhere.

There are always ethnic ties that can encourage someone to spy, but consider this. If some country started to rival the US and had the same stupid views of some of these far right-wingers, it wouldn't be hard to get one of them to spy against America. The same can be said for an American communist or socialist or some Neo-Nazi type who was around during WWII. It isn't hard to get people who are dissatified with our government to spy against it. Some people will spy for money, but it's usually an issue of loyalty and ideology. All our enemies in WWII had the resources to create spies from people in their country that were familiar with the US. The only defense against spying was to deny them access to sensitive information that could aid the enemy.

Before Pearl Harbor, people like Charles Lindbergh did things that supported the Nazis and others supported fascism in Italy. Most were like Lindbergh and sided with their country when it went to war, but I'm sure all of them didn't.

War is complex, but you don't need that many spies to screw things up, when they can focus on things vital to the war effort.

That's funny. Historical fact shows us it has allways been the LEFTIES who were the spies.

Once again you speak out of your sphincter.

What you "saw" is IMPOSSIBLE asshat. You can lie all you want but people who own and shoot those types of rifles KNOW what they can and cannot do. I own three of them and have shot tens of thousands of rounds through them. What you claim you saw is IMPOSSIBLE.

What ammo were you using and when did you get it? Were you shooting trees? Fill in some details like why would someone would need three AR-15s? They aren't that great of a firearm and neither are the AK types.

That's funny. Historical fact shows us it has allways been the LEFTIES who were the spies.

You're one of them modern idiots who claim Nazis are left wing.

I bet you think the founders of American are the same as modern day liberals.:cuckoo:

I bet you think the founders of American are the same as modern day liberals.:cuckoo:

Being wrong about things is like a career for you.

The Founders of America were a spectrum of people's ideologies. Their product was determined by vote.

I don't think many of them would support your irrational ways.

What ammo were you using and when did you get it? Were you shooting trees? Fill in some details like why would someone would need three AR-15s? They aren't that great of a firearm and neither are the AK types.

Dude you have no knowledge on the subject
the AK platform goes all the way back to 1949 and still is the main battle rifle of a large portion of country's They are tough and are not fussy rifles. An AK may not be a tack driver, because it doesn't have too when it can knock a block wall down. It is one of the best firearms out their.
and now that it comes in many calibers makes it an even better firearm.

Dude you have no knowledge on the subject
the AK platform goes all the way back to 1949 and still is the main battle rifle of a large portion of country's They are tough and are not fussy rifles. An AK may not be a tack driver, because it doesn't have too when it can knock a block wall down. It is one of the best firearms out their.
and now that it comes in many calibers makes it an even better firearm.

My brother bought 5 AK type weapons before the assault weapons ban and I've held all of them.

AKs are weapons designed to be easily made. It's a cheap revolutionary's weapon.

Forum List

Back