🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Right's Jumpin' Off the Bundy Train!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Seems like the right's giving up on short-lived hero Cliven Bundy after his recent racist diatribe. Boo Hoo.

LAS VEGAS — A Nevada rancher who has become a conservative folk hero for resisting the federal government's attempts to round up his cattle faced sharp criticism Thursday for racist comments published in a New York Times article.

Politicians from around the country who have rallied to Cliven Bundy's defense in recent weeks denounced the comments and distanced themselves from the rancher.

As for the racist welfare king? He doesn't care.

Less than a week ago, Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy's standoff with federal authorities over unpaid grazing fees was treated as political gold by some conservative politicians and media personalities. The figure of the rugged Westerner standing up to armed agents of the state seemed a perfect opportunity to highlight long-standing complaints about the size and scope of the federal government.

But stories showing Bundy in a less flattering light exploded on Thursday after he was quoted in a New York Times profile questioning whether African-Americans were better off as slaves.

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” Bundy said during one of his daily press conferences. “ecause they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do? They abort their young children; they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

After the story quickly went viral, Bundy was forced to address his remarks during a press conference on Thursday afternoon. Bundy said he is opposed to slavery. "I don’t believe in any of that type of stuff," he said, but he also used the word "Negro" or "Negros" at least a half-dozen times during his brief remarks. "They’re not slaves anymore," Bundy added. "But they seem to be slaves to the welfare system.”

"It really don’t matter to me if you twist my words out," Bundy said at the end of his press conference. "It matters that my heart goes out to the people of this world, and they understand what I stand for."

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I understand it some here believe that if even a self-acknowledged racist (of any party) were to see a fire start in a crowded theater that person should be ignored totally were he foolish enough to try to warn anyone. Apparently racists have no rights. Especially when denying a racist his/her/its rights sets precedent that would deny the righteous their rights (in the fullness of time) as well.

Is that not the way you Marxists want it to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back