🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Road to Damascus

Saul was chasing down Christians (members of "The Way" they were called) and they scattered after the death of Jesus for fear of their life's, so he was going to Damacus to hunt some more to bring in to be put to death before Jesus stopped him and he had a change of heart, so a change of heart leads to a name change. That is all . Jesus never went to Damascus.

Jesus was about peace, not war, in that aspect the Jews didn't see him as the messiah, but the Jews didn't like gentiles at all, so Jesus is our guy and our way.
The Jews were mainly Hellenized and sucked up to Rome, save a few who were zealots and wanted to fight everyone not Jew.

"Change of Heart" is what I got out of your message.

I believe that America is the subject of that prophecy in Chapter 10, Drifter - if you will read Isaiah 13 you will notice this prophecy appears to be against America (our destruction). It correlates with Revelation 18 and Jeremiah 51 (Chapters).

Does the new testament talk about it or just the old?

Both

What about Jesus? I added that in up above. Thanks.

The fall of America does not signify the return of Christ according to Scripture, Drifter. I know the church is looking for an early departure but I do not expect anyone to be getting raptured out from behind the wheel of their cadillacs. Persecution is what purifies the church and prepares us to meet the Lord when that time comes. Jesus could tarry for years. Are we living in the end times? By the Bible prophecy being fulfilled, I'd have to believe so. Does it mean the return of Jesus Christ is imminent? No one knows when the LORD will return. He will return when he returns.

Thanks for sharing your point of view and answering the questions I asked.

The old testament is always kind of fear based imo. The new testament is more about Jesus teachings, which the main thing is to love your enemies and work out your own salvation, I think. I don't think Jesus ever predicted the end of the world or destruction but I wasn't positive on that because I am not belonging to any church and I don't study the bible.

Jesus mostly was about forgiveness from what I gather.

The book of revelation was written by someone named John. His predictions remind me more of the old testament rather then what Jesus taught.

But at any rate I am glad you answered and shared your perspective on it, I like to understand where people are coming from. So thank you for that. :)
Even when God's people witnessed his Glory they disobeyed. The bottom line is that God has a plan for us. He doesn't react to us, he conducts us according to a plan. What we go through we bring upon ourselves, and we must experience the agonies and judgments in order to be tempered into our ultimate selves. There's nothing to be gained in questioning his wisdom, or trying to second guess his motivation.

Jeremiah koshergrl emilynghiem

Is the road to Damascus about converting to Christianity? How do you interpret the story about Saul to Paul and how does it reflect on today's time Damascus, Syria? Thanks for any shared thoughts or replies from christians of any denomination.

Those stories are not about Saul, they are from
"Pol" -Appolonius of Tyana (who was from Tarsus) was used for the Paul character and his Christ was Krishna called Christos. He also had a vast library and taste in nany cultures and deities like Constantine later who also had a similar luciferous vision calling itself Jesus.
This is why the 2 names become 1, Pol was not Jewish, so to get Jews to convert and believe this Roman story they needed a Jewish figure to say see even this holy man believed in Christos eventually.
Sort of like how Jeremiah and the other proselytizers use Jews as converts stories as their fish lore.
Things never change.
Paul is also derived from Sergius Paulus called Paul who Saul himself came across with his Sorcerer Maggi (elymas) friend Bar(son)Jesus who Saul
called "son of the devil". Read book of acts, Saul and Paul are not the same, RCC combines characters to confuse the historical and even today they change names to create elects images & prevent accusations of it's elect.

I am not sure if you are trolling or are a christian that just thinks we need to be at war. :dunno:
We could probably fill volumes with the things you're not sure about.

If anyone cares, this is a textbook troll post. ^^
I found this thread in the reported posts forum. Four reports is enough, by the way. You can stop now.

The original report was the no-content video, post #3. That too is a troll until the member who opened the thread responded to it.

Saul was chasing down Christians (members of "The Way" they were called) and they scattered after the death of Jesus for fear of their life's, so he was going to Damacus to hunt some more to bring in to be put to death before Jesus stopped him and he had a change of heart, so a change of heart leads to a name change. That is all . Jesus never went to Damascus.

Jesus was about peace, not war, in that aspect the Jews didn't see him as the messiah, but the Jews didn't like gentiles at all, so Jesus is our guy and our way.
The Jews were mainly Hellenized and sucked up to Rome, save a few who were zealots and wanted to fight everyone not Jew.

Both

The fall of America does not signify the return of Christ according to Scripture, Drifter. I know the church is looking for an early departure but I do not expect anyone to be getting raptured out from behind the wheel of their cadillacs. Persecution is what purifies the church and prepares us to meet the Lord when that time comes. Jesus could tarry for years. Are we living in the end times? By the Bible prophecy being fulfilled, I'd have to believe so. Does it mean the return of Jesus Christ is imminent? No one knows when the LORD will return. He will return when he returns.

The old testament is always kind of fear based imo. The new testament is more about Jesus teachings, which the main thing is to love your enemies and work out your own salvation, I think. I don't think Jesus ever predicted the end of the world or destruction but I wasn't positive on that because I am not belonging to any church and I don't study the bible.

The book of revelation was written by someone named John. His predictions remind me more of the old testament rather then what Jesus taught.

But at any rate I am glad you answered and shared your perspective on it, I like to understand where people are coming from. So thank you for that. :)
Even when God's people witnessed his Glory they disobeyed. The bottom line is that God has a plan for us. He doesn't react to us, he conducts us according to a plan. What we go through we bring upon ourselves, and we must experience the agonies and judgments in order to be tempered into our ultimate selves. There's nothing to be gained in questioning his wisdom, or trying to second guess his motivation.
Every person on earth is God's people, the Jews or Hebrews wrote the books of the OT, some have more than one author, and they were wrote after the exile, so according to the Hebrew writers they the Jews they are the "chosen ones". Non Jews do not see them as God's people, they prayed to Yahweh only when they needed him for war, they were not monotheist in the OT.

Is the road to Damascus about converting to Christianity? How do you interpret the story about Saul to Paul and how does it reflect on today's time Damascus, Syria? Thanks for any shared thoughts or replies from christians of any denomination.

"Pol" -Appolonius of Tyana (who was from Tarsus) was used for the Paul character and his Christ was Krishna called Christos. He also had a vast library and taste in nany cultures and deities like Constantine later who also had a similar luciferous vision calling itself Jesus.
This is why the 2 names become 1, Pol was not Jewish, so to get Jews to convert and believe this Roman story they needed a Jewish figure to say see even this holy man believed in Christos eventually.
Sort of like how Jeremiah and the other proselytizers use Jews as converts stories as their fish lore.
Things never change.
Paul is also derived from Sergius Paulus called Paul who Saul himself came across with his Sorcerer Maggi (elymas) friend Bar(son)Jesus who Saul
called "son of the devil". Read book of acts, Saul and Paul are not the same, RCC combines characters to confuse the historical and even today they change names to create elects images & prevent accusations of it's elect.

Yes that is the same reason all the OT names got changed. Abram to Abraham, Sara to Sarah, Jacob to Israel.

Both

Work out our own salvation. Still, some people do bible study and discuss interpretations of that study which is just trying to put an understanding to what they read. I do like to know what people who are active in church have to say from time to time.

Thanks for your reply.

Things never change.

Is this from the bible or a different book? Are you a Christian?

I am really only posing my questions to active christians of all denominations.

Thanks.

Every person on earth is God's people, the Jews or Hebrews wrote the books of the OT, some have more than one author, and they were wrote after the exile, so according to the Hebrew writers they the Jews they are the "chosen ones". Non Jews do not see them as God's people, they prayed to Yahweh only when they needed him for war, they were not monotheist in the OT.

Does that tie into Damascus?

True enough, but when I talk about God's ppl of the old testament I mean the Hebrews, who he showed wonders to....

Yes and no, drifter
It's not so simple in terms of following a path we can safely label from the outside by name.
It is not affiliation that is the path to liberation or salvation.

What is universal is the path from retributive justice and manmade suffering
to restorative justice that breaks the cycle of sinful conditions and suffering.

All people, all humanity goes through this process, as Paul and his path symbolizes in the Bible.
But the process is so universal to all people of all backgrounds, cultures and karma
that it is independent of label and affiliation.

Atheists and Theists go through the process to reach peace and justice by seeking truth
and correcting error; as do Christians and Nonchristians, Buddhist, Hindus and Muslims, etc.

We are all united in the spirit of Christ, regardless which path, which road we take that leads to Rome.

Is Damascus the hypocritical nation?

Why doesn't God talk to people nowadays who terrorize or try to take down others, he talked to Saul and and converted him. which changed him to Paul the christian. Or do people just ignore God talking to them?

Where's the new jerusalem supposed to be?

I believe that America is the subject of that prophecy in Chapter 10, Drifter - if you will read Isaiah 13 you will notice this prophecy appears to be against America (our destruction). It correlates with Revelation 18 and Jeremiah 51 (Chapters).

Both

To tag on to what ^ Jeremiah ^ was saying here about Jesus returning when that time comes,
the spirit of Jesus or Universal Justice returns for each person at a key time in their own process in life.
That is between them and God/Life when that happens and how that timing intersects with other people.

When Jesus/Justice returns and is embraced by ALL people universally, where we ALL recognize
we are emboding the same universal Truth and Justice that is meant in both politics and religion,
and all nations and tribes bow to receive this Universal Justice greater than all of us combined,
that is the secular earthly equivalent of manifesting Justice by Conscience, and Jesus as the Christ.

It is just a matter of time for each person to make peace and come to understanding of how justice works in life; and then for all people to recognize we are ALL going through this process, whether one person is labelled as a Terrorist or another as a Christian Saint. We are equally part of a huge script where the story of humanity is heading toward spiritual peace and justice.

The timing is unique to each person's path. Collectively we will all unite spiritually and come to an agreement by Conscience or by Christ on the full meaning and message of Justice that Jesus embodies and represents. That spirit will reconcile us, make right out of wrongs, and correct all error to establish truth. All by agreement, so that is why forgiveness and reconciliation are so important in relations individually, so that collectively all humanity can heal and unite in turn....

Forum List

Back