the Roberts/Obama tax cost me $1300

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
obamacare cost me $1300

I should have known it would be $1300, 13 the occult number for bad luck

I had to hire an accountant because I had to pay tax on estate, without an obamacare form I have to pay an additional $1300 on top of what I already owe

obamacare cost me $1300

I had to hire an accountant because I had to pay tax on estate, without an obamacare form I have to pay an additional $1300 on top of what I already owe

Consider yourself lucky. It's costing me thousands every year.

If it's one thing I've learned about Democrats in power, it's to never let it happen again. Every time Democrats get leadership, it costs me money.

You mean your healthcare has actually become less affordable as the result of the Affordable Health Care act? Wow mine too! I wonder if that's happened to anyone else? Wouldn't that be ironic if the Affordable Health Care Act actually INCREASED health care costs across the board?

Guess being poor has its benefits....NOTHING has changed for me since Obamacare was forced on us.

Glad to hear that, wish I could say the same.

I've had employer provided healthcare all of my life until Commie Care. Now I have to use after-tax money to provide my own. That means I have less buying power, less residual income, less opportunity to put my money into the economy or investments.

Doesn't matter I guess. This was never about all Americans being covered, it was a plot to create more government dependents, and at last count by the White House, they created over 14 million more.

Guess being poor has its benefits....NOTHING has changed for me since Obamacare was forced on us.

I've had employer provided healthcare all of my life until Commie Care. Now I have to use after-tax money to provide my own. That means I have less buying power, less residual income, less opportunity to put my money into the economy or investments.

Doesn't matter I guess. This was never about all Americans being covered, it was a plot to create more government dependents, and at last count by the White House, they created over 14 million more.
Eh its medicaid. So they got no problem paying for a tooth to be removed but hit the roof if you want PREVENTIVE care like a teeth cleaning BEFORE a tooth needs taken out...hell as it is we are moving from Ga to Tn so going from very little dental coverage via medicaid to NONE. Gonna have to find some spare cash and get dental insurance. Just hope moderate republicans or blue dog democrats get into the legislature and help the poor a little more that or my wife finds a much better job before she becomes an RN.

Eh its medicaid. So they got no problem paying for a tooth to be removed but hit the roof if you want PREVENTIVE care like a teeth cleaning BEFORE a tooth needs taken out...hell as it is we are moving from Ga to Tn so going from very little dental coverage via medicaid to NONE. Gonna have to find some spare cash and get dental insurance. Just hope moderate republicans or blue dog democrats get into the legislature and help the poor a little more that or my wife finds a much better job before she becomes an RN.

If it's any help, I enrolled with Delta Insurance. It's affordable (about 300 bucks or so a year) and they have good coverage once you stay with them a year or two. My dentist loves them because they don't give him any problems and payments are reasonably on time. Yes, they have increased my rates slightly, but I do have a lot of dental problems and I always had more bills paid than I pay for the insurance every year.

I highly recommend them.

obamacare cost me $1300

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

You had ample time to become familiar with the relevant provisions of the Act and plan accordingly.

Whining about it now is pointless.

obamacare cost me $1300

Your tax accountant is stealing your money!!!!

For tax year 2015, the ACA penalty is 2% of your total household adjusted gross income, or $325 per adult and $162.50 per child, to a maximum of $975.

The Maximum you would have to pay for tax year 2015 is $975.

Also, the first $5 million of an estate's inheritance per person is exempted from the tax, is ESTATE TAX FREE.

The Internal Revenue Service announced the 2015 estate and gift tax limits today, and the federal estate tax exemption rises to $5.43 million per person, and the annual gift exclusion amount stays at $14,000

Your accountant could be skimming your money!!! :eek:

If it's any help, I enrolled with Delta Insurance. It's affordable (about 300 bucks or so a year) and they have good coverage once you stay with them a year or two. My dentist loves them because they don't give him any problems and payments are reasonably on time. Yes, they have increased my rates slightly, but I do have a lot of dental problems and I always had more bills paid than I pay for the insurance every year.

I highly recommend them.

Wish I would have had decent dental before spending $38k for implants.
Fell off a roof at 19 and shattered most of my teeth and dealt with bridge work for 32 years and it finally caught up with me.

obamacare cost me $1300

YOU cost yourself $1,300.
With all due respect, more than 16 million people now have health insurance, and quite frankly in that light I'd be embarrassed to be complaining about losing a day's pay.

obamacare cost me $1300

With all due respect, more than 16 million people now have health insurance, and quite frankly in that light I'd be embarrassed to be complaining about losing a day's pay.

I'm sorry but fuck people who cant pay for their own insurance,I had to pay for my own insurance for years why cant they?

obamacare cost me $1300

Only a liberal would celebrate a policy that created over 16 million more government dependents.

obamacare cost me $1300

You had ample time to become familiar with the relevant provisions of the Act and plan accordingly.

Behold the compassion of the liberal.........

obamacare cost me $1300

Behold the compassion of the liberal.........

You knew what the law required and you chose to ignore it. Take some personal responsibility for your stupidity.

he didn't cost himself $1300, the MAXIMUM PENALTY was $975 for 2015, for all adults in family plus all kids, $975 was the Max.

obamacare cost me $1300

No they don't. When there deductible is so sky high that the insurance policy never pays a claim they effectively have no insurance. They are paying their own medical expenses out of pocket PLUS forced to pay for a overpriced health insurance plan on top of that. In other words they got fucked over by the Democrats.

Forum List

Back