The safest cities in America

Natural Citizen

American Made
Aug 8, 2016
I'm not what you'd call a city person. In fact, I detest them, for the most part.

But...there are times when you simply cannot avoid them.

Anyway, I was just casually browsing through statistics for cities and wondered where the safest cities were.

I decided what better city to start with than President Joe Biden's hometown of Wilmington, Delaware.

Good news! If you ever find yourself looking for a night on the town, it happens to be safer than 2% of the sum of all American cities, with only a 1 in 60 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime...

Screen Shot 149.jpg

Source: https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/de/wilmington/

Tour the history and scenery of the place the President calls home...

Last edited:
I live in what has been named "The Safest City in America" for at least ten years.
Irvine, California

City Council likes to boast that our fine police department makes it so.

I challenged them on it. I asked if the Santa Ana Police Department all traded places with
our police department, would crime take an immediate increase and Santa Ana's go down.

They didn't answer for obvious reasons.

Ditto our school teachers. Same swap. Same crickets.

It's the people.

I live in what has been named "The Safest City in America" for at least ten years.
Irvine, California

I challenged them on it. I asked if the Santa Ana Police Department all traded places with
our police department, would crime take an immediate increase and Santa Ana's go down.

It's the people.

And often it's about jobs and opportunities too.
Good people have certain things that reduce their desire to commit crime.

Irvine, California

It's the people.

Irvine, per the neighborhoodscout web site, is safer than 36% of the sum of all American cities, with a 1 in 1,672 chance of being a victim of a violent crime.

Chicago is often cited as being extremely dangerous.

It's safer than 10% of the sum of all American cities, with a 1 in 103 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime.

Chicago, however, is statistically much safer than President Biden's hometown of Wilmington, Delaware, which, as was stated, is only safer than 2% of the sum of all American cities, with a 1 in 60 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime.

Irvine, California

It's the people.

Apparently, it still is:

I haven't been there recently, but I know that's a nice area. My aunt and uncle used to own a gorgeous home in Laguna Niguel, IIRC with an ocean view.

Forum List

Back