The scandals are falling apart

Indeed. More scandals = more gridlock, and gridlock is good for the economy.

And ridicule like this helps spread understanding of the scandals.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvTORuB8TFY].[/ame]

{When the Justice Department began investigating possible leaks of classified information about North Korea in 2009, investigators did more than obtain telephone records of a working journalist suspected of receiving the secret material.

They used security badge access records to track the reporter’s comings and goings from the State Department, according to a newly obtained court affidavit. They traced the timing of his calls with a State Department security adviser suspected of sharing the classified report. They obtained a search warrant for the reporter’s personal e-mails.

The case of Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, the government adviser, and James Rosen, the chief Washington correspondent for Fox News, bears striking similarities to a sweeping leaks investigation disclosed last week in which federal investigators obtained records over two months of more than 20 telephone lines assigned to the Associated Press.

At a time when President Obama’s administration is under renewed scrutiny for an unprecedented number of leak investigations, the Kim case provides a rare glimpse into the inner workings of one such probe.

Court documents in the Kim case reveal how deeply investigators explored the private communications of a working journalist — and raise the question of how often journalists have been investigated as closely as Rosen was in 2010. The case also raises new concerns among critics of government secrecy about the possible stifling effect of these investigations on a critical element of press freedom: the exchange of information between reporters and their sources.}

DOJ Targeted Fox News Reporter by Monitoring Movements - Katie Pavlich

"Falling apart" indeed...

And now it's been exposed that the Obama Department of Justice accused FOX News reporter James Rosen of criminal conspiracy so that it could secretly obtain copies of his e-mails.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Eric Holder say just a few days ago that he would NEVER do something like that to a reporter except in the case of one of the worst leak cases he'd ever seen? Gee, wonder if Holder "recused" himself from this case as well?

OK...someone get Holder's skinny ass back in front of another Congressional committee so he can explain himself ONCE AGAIN!

I've got news for you, Synth...not only are the scandals not "falling apart"...they are getting worse by the day. We got to see yet another version of what the White House "knew" from Pinocchio...I mean, Jay Carney. I hope Jay's getting combat pay because he deserves it.

And now it's been exposed that the Obama Department of Justice accused FOX News reporter James Rosen of criminal conspiracy so that it could secretly obtain copies of his e-mails.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Eric Holder say just a few days ago that he would NEVER do something like that to a reporter except in the case of one of the worst leak cases he'd ever seen? Gee, wonder if Holder "recused" himself from this case as well?

OK...someone get Holder's skinny ass back in front of another Congressional committee so he can explain himself ONCE AGAIN!

A Holder recusal is what comes after the act is discovered and he said "oh I recused myself before that". No recusal is effective unless given in writing. Holder's position is that law doesn't apply to him.

Considering Senators Baucus and Hatch are expanding the IRS investigation the OP's thread is wishful thinking.

Democratic Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus and top committee Republican Orrin Hatch on Monday requested documents on possible White House involvement and sought nearly 300 tax-exempt status applications delayed by the targeting.

Baucus and Hatch also asked for documentation of any disciplinary action taken, and whether some lawmakers' calls for the IRS to crack down on tax-exempt groups played any role.

Attention shifts to White House in IRS probe | Reuters

I've got news for you, Synth...not only are the scandals not "falling apart"...they are getting worse by the day. We got to see yet another version of what the White House "knew" from Pinocchio...I mean, Jay Carney. I hope Jay's getting combat pay because he deserves it.

Democrats have to believe the scandals are falling apart. Otherwise they have nothing to say. It's getting worse by the minute as more and more people come forward, more whistleblowers come forward. obama's regime is falling apart. Notice how Joe Biden is in an underground bunker someplace. He knows what's happening.

The calls for a special prosecutor are getting louder. But i have a feeling it'll never actually happen.

any Repub bombshells today? :yawn:

Yep;

Turns out Obammy met with the top IRS Union thug the day before the campaign to persecute Obammy's enemies started.

Tit for tat anyone?

{March 31, 2010.

According to the White House Visitors Log, provided here in searchable form by U.S. News and World Report, the president of the anti-Tea Party National Treasury Employees Union, Colleen Kelley, visited the White House at 12:30pm that Wednesday noon time of March 31st.}

The American Spectator : Obama and the IRS: The Smoking Gun?

Richard Milhous Obama has been a bad, bad boy.

A Holder recusal is what comes after the act is discovered and he said "oh I recused myself before that". No recusal is effective unless given in writing. Holder's position is that law doesn't apply to him.

QFT!!

:thup:

any Repub bombshells today? :yawn:

Yep;

Turns out Obammy met with the top IRS Union thug the day before the campaign to persecute Obammy's enemies started.

Tit for tat anyone?

{March 31, 2010.

According to the White House Visitors Log, provided here in searchable form by U.S. News and World Report, the president of the anti-Tea Party National Treasury Employees Union, Colleen Kelley, visited the White House at 12:30pm that Wednesday noon time of March 31st.}

The American Spectator : Obama and the IRS: The Smoking Gun?

Richard Milhous Obama has been a bad, bad boy.

whole lotta extrapolatin goin on at the Spectator lol but then again, its the Spectator. That rag used to be hawked on oxyRush Limbaugh's show. :thup:

The scandals are falling apart

Things go wrong in government. Sometimes it’s just bad luck. Sometimes it’s rank incompetence. Sometimes it’s criminal wrongdoing. Most of the time you never hear about it. Or, if you do hear about it, the media eventually gets bored talking about it (see warming, global).

But every so often an instance of government wrongdoing sprouts wings and becomes something quite exciting: A political scandal.

The crucial ingredient for a scandal is the prospect of high-level White House involvement and wide political repercussions. Government wrongdoing is boring. Scandals can bring down presidents, decide elections and revive down-and-out political parties. Scandals can dominate American politics for months at a time.

On Tuesday, it looked like we had three possible political scandals brewing. Two days later, with much more evidence available, it doesn’t look like any of them will pan out. There’ll be more hearings, and more bad press for the Obama administration, and more demands for documents. But — and this is a key qualification — absent more revelations, the scandals that could reach high don’t seem to include any real wrongdoing, whereas the ones that include real wrongdoing don’t reach high enough. Let’s go through them.

1) The Internal Revenue Service: The IRS mess was, well, a mess. But it’s not a mess that implicates the White House, or even senior IRS leadership. If we believe the agency inspector general’s report, a group of employees in a division called the “Determinations Unit” — sounds sinister, doesn’t it? — started giving tea party groups extra scrutiny, were told by agency leadership to knock it off, started doing it again, and then were reined in a second time and told that any further changes to the screening criteria needed to be approved at the highest levels of the agency.

The White House fired the acting director of the agency on the theory that somebody had to be fired and he was about the only guy they had the power to fire. They’re also instructing the IRS to implement each and every one of the IG’s recommendations to make sure this never happens again.

If new information emerges showing a connection between the Determination Unit’s decisions and the Obama campaign, or the Obama administration, it would crack this White House wide open. That would be a genuine scandal. But the IG report says that there’s no evidence of that. And so it’s hard to see where this one goes from here.

Click the link for Benghazi and AP
Of course they're falling apart, they were never scandals to begin with.

The only scandal here is that their called "scandals."

I love this thread to death! Gee look how the scandals are falling apart:lol:

Max Baucus and Orrin Hatch expand IRS probe

Top lawmakers on the Senate Finance Committee are broadening their probe of the Internal Revenue Service’s practice of targeting conservative groups, asking the agency to turn over an extensive batch of communications detailing who was involved in the program.

In a letter sent today to acting IRS Commissioner Steven Miller, Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and ranking member Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) sought details on how the agency reviewed applications for wide range of tax exemptions — not just the requests for 501(c)(4) status at the center of the current scandal.

The lawmakers also want to know whether any elected officials influenced employees as they decided which applications for a tax exemption deserved extra review.

“Was the decision to target any tax-exempt applications for review and subject them to full development or heightened scrutiny influenced or prompted in any way by political pressure directed at the IRS from any members of the Congress or other elected officials?” Baucus and Hatch wrote.

More at link:

Max Baucus and Orrin Hatch expand IRS probe - Lauren French - POLITICO.com

I love this thread to death! Gee look how the scandals are falling apart:lol:

Max Baucus and Orrin Hatch expand IRS probe

Top lawmakers on the Senate Finance Committee are broadening their probe of the Internal Revenue Service’s practice of targeting conservative groups, asking the agency to turn over an extensive batch of communications detailing who was involved in the program.

In a letter sent today to acting IRS Commissioner Steven Miller, Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and ranking member Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) sought details on how the agency reviewed applications for wide range of tax exemptions — not just the requests for 501(c)(4) status at the center of the current scandal.

The lawmakers also want to know whether any elected officials influenced employees as they decided which applications for a tax exemption deserved extra review.

“Was the decision to target any tax-exempt applications for review and subject them to full development or heightened scrutiny influenced or prompted in any way by political pressure directed at the IRS from any members of the Congress or other elected officials?” Baucus and Hatch wrote.

More at link:

Max Baucus and Orrin Hatch expand IRS probe - Lauren French - POLITICO.com

Pffft... more "extrapolation". :eusa_whistle:

For all of you libtards who claim that these are not scandals I give you Scarborough on MSNBC.

You lose.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vmXjPSQSkzA#at=72]Scarborough Highlights Gun-Control Risks Following IRS Scandal - YouTube[/ame]

Democrats have to believe the scandals are falling apart. Otherwise they have nothing to say. It's getting worse by the minute as more and more people come forward, more whistleblowers come forward. obama's regime is falling apart. Notice how Joe Biden is in an underground bunker someplace. He knows what's happening.

Joe has been MIA lately, Katz! I guess you don't want a loose cannon running around when the shit's hitting the fan like it is right now...

Of course if I was Barry, I'd be sending Joe out non-stop. Having an idiot as your Vice President is the best defense against anyone trying to impeach a sitting President. Let's face it, Obama's clueless but there are four species of plants that are smarter than Joe Biden!

Forum List

Back