CDZ The second amendment allows for multiple use under the keep and bear doctrine.

since you disagree tell me what other rights stated in the constitution can states ignore or change??

can the change the 4th A and search you or your house without a warrant??
what about the 5th?? can the states change due process and jail or execute without a trial??

Yes!
Until the 14th amendment, slavery existed, natives were abuse, Hispanics were murdered, etc., so then no one had any protection of rights from state abuse.
In fact, Lincoln himself suspended habeas corpus during the Civil War.

This argument was settled in Heller and the subsequent related rulings.
You can not like it, but your arguments against it are meaningless.

Also excellent.
Well, it's an excellent demonstration of the fact that progressives hate our freedom and want to violate our civil liberties. (The 9/11 hijackers hated our freedom too.)

The progressive is lying. Justice Scalaia never said that it was OK to pass unconstitutional laws.

Since existing regulations have clearly been sufficient to prevent any assault weapon that is legally-owned by an American civilian from ever being used to commit a crime, more restrictive laws are unconstitutional.

If the second amendment was written in reverse with the keep and bear doctrine contingent upon the militia doctrine I could understand the wussy crying of Lefty. But it's not written that way.

Because a well regulated militia is a necessary item for a free people to remain free they ..( the people).. are allowed to keep and bear arms. That in no way implies that the arms are limited to militia use.

Remember that a square is a rhombus but a rhombus is not a square.

Jo
Sick of people using personal weapons' for political reasons. They are a tool not a political statement.

If the second amendment was written in reverse with the keep and bear doctrine contingent upon the militia doctrine I could understand the wussy crying of Lefty. But it's not written that way.

Because a well regulated militia is a necessary item for a free people to remain free they ..( the people).. are allowed to keep and bear arms. That in no way implies that the arms are limited to militia use.

Remember that a square is a rhombus but a rhombus is not a square.

Jo
Does the 2nd Amendment make some feel potent, capable, and purposeful.

Well....when a criminal says "give me your money," or tries to rape you, and you draw your gun and either chase them off or they run away...yeah, that would make the victim one, not a victim, and two, feel capable, potent and purposeful...

Meanwhile....how potent, capable and purposeful does a woman feel after she has been brutally raped.....because she did not have the physical ability to stop the rape?

How potent, capable, and purposeful does the senior citizen feel when the young criminal beats and robs them, putting them in the hospital with broken bones?

Care to explain those?

Well....when a criminal says "give me your money," or tries to rape you, and you draw your gun and either chase them off or they run away...yeah, that would make the victim one, not a victim, and two, feel capable, potent and purposeful...

Meanwhile....how potent, capable and purposeful does a woman feel after she has been brutally raped.....because she did not have the physical ability to stop the rape?

How potent, capable, and purposeful does the senior citizen feel when the young criminal beats and robs them, putting them in the hospital with broken bones?

Care to explain those?
Feeling potent, capable, and purposeful is part of "obsessive" behaviour. Many obsessions are a mental problem, some aren't. I'm trying to gauge whether the gun nut obsession over the 2nd Amendment is a mental problem or not. It's something I'm researching, especially when elements of the discussion doesn't compute and remain between the ears of gun nuts and they default back to gun confiscation etc..

Blah, blah, blah, FREEDOMS!!1! blah, blah....
You're in rare company. The 9/11 hijackers hated freedom too.

The only thing that matters is the Constitution.
I wouldn't say the only thing. But yes, the Constitution is pretty important.

You are wrong for trying to violate the Constitution. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You're not smart.
That you can only defend your ideology with name-calling (and in the clean debate zone no less) should tell you something about how indefensible your ideology is.

No.

It makes us feel safe from people who fight to abolish freedom.

especially when elements of the discussion doesn't compute and remain between the ears of gun nuts and they default back to gun confiscation etc..
People refer to gun confiscation because Freedom Haters are always plotting to confiscate guns.

You're in rare company. The 9/11 hijackers hated freedom too.

I wouldn't say the only thing. But yes, the Constitution is pretty important.

You are wrong for trying to violate the Constitution. You should be ashamed of yourself.

That you can only defend your ideology with name-calling (and in the clean debate zone no less) should tell you something about how indefensible your ideology is.
If you're just going to completely ignore the videos I posted of Rep. Raskin decimating your argument then why should I bother to waste my time trying to convince you? Raskin is a Constitutional expert and scholar. What are you?

Lawrence Tribe is Professor Emeritus of CONSTITUTIONAL LAW at Harvard. He was Barack Obama's professor. He was Ted Cruz' professor. He was the professor to nearly all of the SCOTUS Justices, and also Merrick Garland. Any prominent figure in government who is a lawyer who went to Harvard learned Constitutional Law from Professor Tribe.

Forum List

Back