The secret to happiness in 2022

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
Shut off your media machine!

With both left- and right-wing media outlets locked in a propaganda war, TV news is neither fair nor balanced.

Facebook is even worse. It was so depressing watching my relatives and former classmates turn into bitter enemies over politics.

So, I shut them both down. Today it takes only 5 min on CNBC.com to get the latest numbers from wall street, and the headlines from around the world. Spending my former 2 hrs. of daily media time with exercise, home projects and chess is like a weight off my shoulders. Try it folks, you might like it! :)

To be fair, I don't believe a word of it. Hyperbole and partisan vitriol are now at weapons-grade levels on both sides.

Everyone who disagrees with you is Hitler.

Time to watch Netflix and old movies until people get tired of bloviating.

Facebook is even worse. It was so depressing watching my relatives and former classmates turn into bitter enemies over politics.
I've never had a Facebook account. I just don't get it..

If I want to talk about politics on the internet I'll go to a message board like this one. If I want to talk about concrete, I'll go to a message board for people in the concrete business. If I want to talk about guitars I'll go to a message board dedicated to guitar playing.

I don't understand why people trip out about sites like Facebook. Maybe I'm just getting old. :dunno:

Last edited:
I spend far too much time on Facebook, but not other sites. You can't find me on Twitter, Instagram, and the rest. I don't think I'll ever have any use for them.

Forum List

Back