The Sequester

I agree with you totally, great response! The budget cuts are a serious matter. FBI Agents will be furloughed, TSA will face layoffs, the Military will receive 20% paycuts, not to mention our fighter jets will be taken off line. For the one's that think it's just Obama playing scare tactics are not listening with their ears. Regardless of what side of the fence we are on this sequestor cannot happen.

Where in the world do you get your information!?!?! Fighter jets "taken off line"?? What does that even mean!?! They are saying that CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES will have to do the "unthinkable" and take ONE DAY OFF. ONE DAY.

You have been misinformed.

Not one day, one day a WEEK. that's a 20% decrease in their work week with a corresponding 20% decrease in their incomes, too.

Obama wanted the sequester BEFORE he didn't want it. Let's get that clear from the start, shall we?

Sequestor wasn't his idea, lad.
20% pay cuts!?!?! Again, who in the world is spreading this nonsense??

People who are paying attention to the news?

Frankly, I wish the sequester was more along the line of 180 Billion. 80 billion is NOTHING.

Now you ARE right about that.

Even if the Sequestor goes full force for the next 10 years, the national debt continues to rise.

Here's an idea - tell your president to go back to all these "green" companies that he pumped BILLIONS of dollars into only to watch them go belly up (Solyndra, Fiskers, et al) to pay back all the money they stole from us - that might help a little, don't you think??

A little, yes.

Please. The sky is not falling. a decrease of 2% from the TRILLIONS that they are soaking us for is a drop in the bucket. Frankie say RELAX.

It's going to hurt the marco economy a lot more than you imagine it will.

When 1.8 million people take a 20% decrease in their incomes?

That WILL slow down an already feeble economy.

Will the benefits outweight the costs?

I rather doubt it.

That Bambi Sequester Speech was a perfect example of how the Democrats/Liberals are the Party that represents "The Dumbest People" in America. aka/ The Stupid Voters. DUHH,,OK, The sky will fall if we cut 85 Billion dollars next month. Derrrrrrr.

Does anyone buy into Obama's BS on this? He is claiming that the entire economy will collapse if 80 billion is cut from the federal spending.

The congress just spent almost that much on Sandy relief.

This is just more scare tactic rhetoric by the marxist kenyan.

If the sequester kicks in, no one will feel it--no one. If anyone thinks there is not 10% fat in the DOD budget then I have some underwater investment property to sell you in the swamp.

Perhaps you don't understand that the U.S. economy, since Ronald Reagan was elected, has been largely supported by federal deficit spending. I have no doubt at all that a severe recession will revisit us if we have the sequester.

Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what it will take to get these stupid fucking Republicans in Congress to think beyond "deficit reduction."

LOL, the sequester is 80 billion, we just spent 60 billion on Sandy recovery. Without Sandy would the sequester only be 20 billion?

This is nothing but political bullshit, obama has never had any intention of doing whats best for the economy, he wants to see it crumble between now and nov 2014 so the dem/libs can take complete control of DC and declare him president for life.

We are living in very dangerous times and 70% of the country does not give a shit.

Gosh you guys are dense.

It's a "time" thing.

The 60 billion amount is the money allocated to clean up storm damage "over time" and as needed. We could wind up spending less..

The 80 billion cut would be implemented right away..and cause massive upheaval world wide. While I don't think it would be catastrophic..it would definitely hurt.

And alot.

That Bambi Sequester Speech was a perfect example of how the Democrats/Liberals are the Party that represents "The Dumbest People" in America. aka/ The Stupid Voters. DUHH,,OK, The sky will fall if we cut 85 Billion dollars next month. Derrrrrrr.

285616_227078024083843_1325745159_n_zps812e7885.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_paKxXLsenA]Boehner Christmas II - YouTube[/ame]

The Sequester is a Republican Thing.

Does anyone buy into Obama's BS on this? He is claiming that the entire economy will collapse if 80 billion is cut from the federal spending.

If the sequester kicks in, no one will feel it--no one. If anyone thinks there is not 10% fat in the DOD budget then I have some underwater investment property to sell you in the swamp.

No one will feel it?

How about the civilian employees of the Federal government who will be making do with a four day workweek and four day paychecks?

I suspect they're going to feel it big time.
violin_animated.gif

Newsflash people....With the $85 billion gone, there WILL BE NO CUTS. Federal spending will still increase. All departments will receive the annual baseline increases.
The sequester makes up a minuscule portion of annual federal spending.
Notice the word that is missing. "Budget". We all know why there is no mention of a budget.

So you will be upset if the Republicans do anything to stop the sequester? I just want to get everyone on the record here.

I'll be upset if they settle for less than the sequester. I'll cheer if they manage to wangle more spending cuts.

The split second after the sequester is evoked..house republicans will push through a bill to "save" the defense industry.

Bank on that.

all Obama knows is crying wolf..horrible leader

SNIP:
posted at 8:01 am on February 22, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

That’s the question Politico asks, but it’s really only half of Barack Obama’s problem in this standoff:

President Barack Obama’s greatest adversary in the latest budget battle isn’t the Republican leadership in Congress — it’s his confidence in his own ability to force a win.

He has been so certain of his campaign skills that he didn’t open a line of communication with House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell until Thursday, a week before the spending ax hits. And when they did finally hear from Obama, the calls were perfunctory, with no request to step up negotiations or invitations to the White House.

That’s because Obama’s all-in on an outside strategy, doing just about everything other than holding serious talks with Republicans. In the last two days alone, he’s courted local TV anchors, called in a select group of White House correspondents to talk off-the-record, chatted up black broadcasters, and announced plans to stump next week at Virginia’s Newport News Shipyard. Throughout, he’s talked in tough terms that signal little interest in compromise — or suggestion of backing down.

He’s navigating a thin line. Obama is convinced he’s got the upper hand on Republicans. Yet he can go only so long before he risks being perceived as a main actor in Washington’s dysfunction, threatening a core element of his political brand — and the fragile economic recovery he’s struggled to maintain.
In other words, he’s been great at yelling, “Wolf!” When it comes to action about what to do with the wolf — which may or may not be real — Obama has done nothing. He’s been relying on a compliant media to keep from pointing out that inconvenient fact, and so far, that seems to be working.

Normally, of course, budget matters wouldn’t require the high-wire act for negotiations. The House would pass one version of a budget, and the Senate another. When control of the two chambers are split, that allows both parties to pass their own priorities and then go into conference committee to hash out their differences. That system actually works, although no one ends up terribly happy with the results.

all of it here:
Has Obama overdone Nightmare on Sequester Street? « Hot Air

Here's a little analogy for ya. The bills get too high at home. Credit cards start building up. So in order to not have so many bills you drive the car in the lake.

Here's a little analogy for ya. The bills get too high at home. Credit cards start building up. So in order to not have so many bills you drive the car in the lake.

That isnt the analogy. That isn't even close.
It's more like: the bills start to pile up. You can't pay them. So instead of planning a $2500 vacation next year you'll settle for a $2100 vacation instead.

It's more like: the bills start to pile up. You can't pay them. So instead of planning a $2500 vacation next year you'll settle for a $2100 vacation instead.

So the DoD is a $2500 vacation? Now who has an analogy issue?

So the DoD is a $2500 vacation? Now who has an analogy issue?

I thought the Left wanted military spending cut? I thought the cuts were going to result in thousands of firemen laid off?
You need to get your propaganda points straight.

you dems and obamabots are FOS. the federal govt will spend more in 2013 than it did in 2012. All the sequester does is slightly reduce the amount of the increase.

They are all lying to you----------all of them, both parties.

So you will be upset if the Republicans do anything to stop the sequester? I just want to get everyone on the record here.

I'll be upset if they settle for less than the sequester. I'll cheer if they manage to wangle more spending cuts.

The split second after the sequester is evoked..house republicans will push through a bill to "save" the defense industry.

Bank on that.

it won't be necessary, this whole thing is a steaming pile of bullshit. the sequester is a 1.5% reduction in the AMOUNT OF ANNUAL GROWTH IN SPENDING.

THE GOVT WILL SPEND MORE IN 2013 THAN IT DID IN 2012. :eusa_shhh:

Perhaps you don't understand that the U.S. economy, since Ronald Reagan was elected, has been largely supported by federal deficit spending. I have no doubt at all that a severe recession will revisit us if we have the sequester.

Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what it will take to get these stupid fucking Republicans in Congress to think beyond "deficit reduction."
Clearly, you don't even know what you speak. Can you tell Me exactly how many dollars will be cut from the budget? We had X number of dollars spent last year. When sequester hits, will it be X-y?

In other words, will the budget after Sequester cuts be less than it was last year, or will it be more?

Bank on that.

it won't be necessary, this whole thing is a steaming pile of bullshit. the sequester is a 1.5% reduction in the AMOUNT OF ANNUAL GROWTH IN SPENDING.

THE GOVT WILL SPEND MORE IN 2013 THAN IT DID IN 2012. :eusa_shhh:
Yep.

you dems and obamabots are FOS. the federal govt will spend more in 2013 than it did in 2012. All the sequester does is slightly reduce the amount of the increase.

They are all lying to you----------all of them, both parties.

You are absolutely correct. Every commie out there is screaming that the "cuts" will (literally) bring us to the precipice of global destruction. They will not.

As you so aptly pointed out - all this does is BRIEFLY slow SPENDING down a little. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't give a hoot in hades how many of these commies bring charts from MSNBC to say "Hey!! Chris Matthews says...."

In the words of my young grandson - "Chris Matthews is a butt pirate". He is a communist mouthpiece for a communist regime. Nothing more, nothing less. He gets his marching orders from some clown at the White House and says what they want him to say.

Could it be that Obama is in fear of another 2010 being "The One" isn't on the ballot and blacks generally don't vote in the mid-terms? so he has to make the conservatives look as pathetic as himself?

Could it be that Obama is in fear of another 2010 being "The One" isn't on the ballot and blacks generally don't vote in the mid-terms? so he has to make the conservatives look as pathetic as himself?

You think the Cons need his help looking pathetic??

:lol:

Newsflash people....With the $85 billion gone, there WILL BE NO CUTS. Federal spending will still increase. All departments will receive the annual baseline increases.
The sequester makes up a minuscule portion of annual federal spending.
Notice the word that is missing. "Budget". We all know why there is no mention of a budget.

I support anything that cuts federal spending. If that includes slashing federal employment, privatizing non essential functions government now performs, sell off vehicles, sell off land( that the federal government really should not own in the first place).....Anything else that shrinks the size of the federal government.
Umm, the sequester is a result of a decision made by Obama. The same person who has not offered up a budget that the US Senate Majority Leader would even consider.
The sequester is nothing. The amount is a flyspeck in the ocean.

Forum List

Back