The Sequester

Does anyone buy into Obama's BS on this? He is claiming that the entire economy will collapse if 80 billion is cut from the federal spending.

The congress just spent almost that much on Sandy relief.

This is just more scare tactic rhetoric by the marxist kenyan.

If the sequester kicks in, no one will feel it--no one. If anyone thinks there is not 10% fat in the DOD budget then I have some underwater investment property to sell you in the swamp.

No one will feel it?

How about the civilian employees of the Federal government who will be making do with a four day workweek and four day paychecks?

I suspect they're going to feel it big time.

Bullshit. The math does not add up. It's only 2% of the present rate of annual spending.
Obama wanted this. Now that its crawling across the White House lawn, he's demanding a do over.
BTW, there will be NO cuts. All regularly scheduled increases in department spending are already in place.
This is all accomplishing one thing. Exposing democrats for the free spending money grubbing primarily politically motivated people they are.

Does anyone buy into Obama's BS on this? He is claiming that the entire economy will collapse if 80 billion is cut from the federal spending.

If the sequester kicks in, no one will feel it--no one. If anyone thinks there is not 10% fat in the DOD budget then I have some underwater investment property to sell you in the swamp.

No one will feel it?

How about the civilian employees of the Federal government who will be making do with a four day workweek and four day paychecks?

Bullshit. The math does not add up. It's only 2% of the present rate of annual spending.
Obama wanted this. Now that its crawling across the White House lawn, he's demanding a do over.
BTW, there will be NO cuts. All regularly scheduled increases in department spending are already in place.
This is all accomplishing one thing. Exposing democrats for the free spending money grubbing primarily politically motivated people they are.

As everyone is saying, we are still going to be spending more next year than what we are spending this year.

All this does is reduce the amount of increase by $85b.

Nope were talking about maybe a 1% cut in federal spending and if he is that worried about the sequester maybe he should not have come up with the idea of it.

No one will feel it?

tough shit.

news for you- I AM a federal employee, they want to furlough me? hey I'll take the days off, no pay? well, unlike you and the rest of the hypocrisy squad (like the dopes that thanked you) that have squawked in the past that people asking for cuts don't put anything into the pot? well; defense cuts ( which you whining hypocrites have squealed for for years here) and my furlough, there you go, your turn:rolleyes:

Ray Lahood ( last heard from when he was fucking over Toyota with that bullshit accelerator pedals crap) wants to squeeze people and make them feel the pain, by cutting TSA?

hey, if the morons didn't want to unionize the TSA and make them federal employees, but leave them privatized like the awful cons wanted, well? There wouldn't been issue now would there?

and all of this shit were obama trots out "first responders" like fireman and police? last I checked they were paid by the states, counties and municipalities they serve....hello. If the feds have to shut off any of the $$$ they get from them, we should not have been paying them via the BS stimulus in the first place since the states mismanaged their budgets...right? thank you.

you dems and obamabots are FOS. the federal govt will spend more in 2013 than it did in 2012. All the sequester does is slightly reduce the amount of the increase.

They are all lying to you----------all of them, both parties.

You are absolutely correct. Every commie out there is screaming that the "cuts" will (literally) bring us to the precipice of global destruction. They will not.

As you so aptly pointed out - all this does is BRIEFLY slow SPENDING down a little. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't give a hoot in hades how many of these commies bring charts from MSNBC to say "Hey!! Chris Matthews says...."

In the words of my young grandson - "Chris Matthews is a butt pirate". He is a communist mouthpiece for a communist regime. Nothing more, nothing less. He gets his marching orders from some clown at the White House and says what they want him to say.

Commie! OMG, they're everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o97-Vfj2uyI]Panetta: Sequestration Threat Hurts National Security - YouTube[/ame]

I wonder what % of Americans are worried that they will become constipated in the first week of March and when they go to CVS/Walgreens, the shelves will be empty of all those embarrassing medications.

you dems and obamabots are FOS. the federal govt will spend more in 2013 than it did in 2012. All the sequester does is slightly reduce the amount of the increase.

They are all lying to you----------all of them, both parties.

You are absolutely correct. Every commie out there is screaming that the "cuts" will (literally) bring us to the precipice of global destruction. They will not.

As you so aptly pointed out - all this does is BRIEFLY slow SPENDING down a little. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't give a hoot in hades how many of these commies bring charts from MSNBC to say "Hey!! Chris Matthews says...."

In the words of my young grandson - "Chris Matthews is a butt pirate". He is a communist mouthpiece for a communist regime. Nothing more, nothing less. He gets his marching orders from some clown at the White House and says what they want him to say.

Nope. He's a whiny politician who is trying DESPERATELY to hang on to his job. He WORKS for a communist.

The DOD is going to be hit harder than everyone else. But even at that, it will STILL be a drop in the bucket. It WILL NOT harm the military in any way, shape or form.

Remember when YOUR boy said that he would NOT VETO the cuts?? Hmmm?? Do you?? Just as I thought. Another mouthpiece for this failure commie that you call a "president".

Nope. He's a whiny politician who is trying DESPERATELY to hang on to his job. He WORKS for a communist.

The DOD is going to be hit harder than everyone else. But even at that, it will STILL be a drop in the bucket. It WILL NOT harm the military in any way, shape or form.

Remember when YOUR boy said that he would NOT VETO the cuts?? Hmmm?? Do you?? Just as I thought. Another mouthpiece for this failure commie that you call a "president".

Well you seem very knowledgeable. What was the last time you saw the military across the board give this kind of reaction to anything?

When the astronauts aboard Apollo 13 said, "Houston, We've had a problem." Every single man and woman on that team tensed up. While saying it walking down the street no one would give you a second look but for that team it was the same as you or I screaming, "Holy shit! Something just fucked up!!!" The military is saying, "Houston, We've had a problem." and every country in the world knows what that means, except one that is.
https://soundcloud.com/thisisparker/apollo-13-houston-we-have-a-problem-nasa

Well you seem very knowledgeable. What was the last time you saw the military across the board give this kind of reaction to anything?

When the astronauts aboard Apollo 13 said, "Houston, We've had a problem." Every single man and woman on that team tensed up. While saying it walking down the street no one would give you a second look but for that team it was the same as you or I screaming, "Holy shit! Something just fucked up!!!" The military is saying, "Houston, We've had a problem." and every country in the world knows what that means, except one that is.

Let's see.....

My Father was one of the first black staff officers in the US Air Force. Retired Brigadier General and fighter pilot - Served in WWII, Korea. My Brother gave 28 years of his life to the Marines (retired Master Gunnery Sergeant) three tours in Vietnam. I served in the US Army in VietNam and retired as a Chief Warrant Officer. My Son currently is serving in the Persian Gulf as a FC Officer (WEAPS) on a Destroyer and my Daughter is serving in the Navy as an Attorney with the JAG.

The whole point here is that the Generals only parrot what the CIC tells them to. Whether or not they believe any of his crap is not the point. When the CIC tells you to say "this", that's what you do. Or, you are replaced by someone who will. Look at the number of Staff Officers that have recently resigned, quit or were replaced by Barry. You either "play ball" or he will make sure that you aren't part of the equation.

And YOUR credentials are??

Last edited:

Let's see.....

My Father was one of the first black staff officers in the US Air Force. Retired Brigadier General and fighter pilot - Served in WWII, Korea. My Brother gave 28 years of his life to the Marines (retired Master Gunnery Sergeant) three tours in Vietnam. I served in the US Army in VietNam and retired as a Chief Warrant Officer. My Son currently is serving in the Persian Gulf as a FC Officer (WEAPS) on a Destroyer and my Daughter is serving in the Navy as an Attorney with the JAG.

The whole point here is that the Generals only parrot what the CIC tells them to. Whether or not they believe any of his crap is not the point. When the CIC tells you to say "this", that's what you do. Or, you are replaced by someone who will. Look at the number of Staff Officers that have recently resigned, quit or were replaced by Barry. You either "play ball" or he will make sure that you aren't part of the equation.

That could possibly be the dumbest non-replies to a post I have ever gotten. First of all you could of just gave me a link to your genealogy.com page and saved yourself all that typing.

I said you seemed like a knowledgeable person. I did not question your qualifications in any way. But thanks for the background anyway.

You did insult the military about as much if not more than I have ever seen in my life. Call them the greatest men on Earth or call them baby killers but don't say they are spineless and brainless and aren't willing to make a single decision for themselves. Where the fuck did that come from?

And if you hold on a second I will give you are response that is a little less WTF.

Let's see.....

You may borrow my Estwing 22 Oz framing hammer to slam down the last nail in the OP's coffin...Great post!!!!

Let's see.....

That could possibly be the dumbest non-replies to a post I have ever gotten. First of all you could of just gave me a link to your genealogy.com page and saved yourself all that typing.

I said you seemed like a knowledgeable person. I did not question your qualifications in any way. But thanks for the background anyway.

You did insult the military about as much if not more than I have ever seen in my life. Call them the greatest men on Earth or call them baby killers but don't say they are spineless and brainless and aren't willing to make a single decision for themselves. Where the fuck did that come from?

And if you hold on a second I will give you are response that is a little less WTF.

I'll ask you once more. YOUR credentials are?

Let's see.....

You may borrow my Estwing 22 Oz framing hammer to slam down the last nail in the OP's coffin...Great post!!!!

Thanks. These folks throw up some garbage that they see on the internet and they have the gall to use that as "ammunition" for their cause. These "liberals communists" use the military when it suits their cause (even when it doesn't) and they trumpet their ideas as "mainstream". They are not.

Next week they'll begin blaming the sequester on George Bush. Hell, later on, they'll blame Reagan. ANYONE but that communist that is currently sitting in the oval office. That bi-racial individual gets a pass on everything. Not with THIS negro....

Let's see.....

And now a let's try that again.

Well given your background you should be able to relate to some of this. You called the top brass spineless well maybe I will do one better. I am questioning their sanity.

This is either the greatest tactical maneuver ever performed or the dumbest one. Perhaps you will know which particular incident I am referring to. I believe it was in WWII and it was a naval action. One of the ships was out gunned, out of gas, out of ammo, or out of all of the above. The captain flipped on the mic set it to an open channel and yelled, "If someone doesn't get here like right now we are done for!" The attacking ships then turned hard to port and proceed to sail the opposite direction. Why the Hell would ships run away from a ship that was completely powerless and without aid? Because there is not a captain in the world who would so dumb as to scream into an open mic unless he had something up his sleeve, in this case he didn't. (OK, that was no where close to the original version but it did have an open mic and an enemy who decided that anyone calling for help on an open mic was setting them up for a trap.)

Well that is exactly what the military is doing right now. They are literally on an open mic. Now they are either planning the greatest counter attack to every enemy who would possibly attack us or there is something so dire that they feel the need to open all channels. For the military that is something you do not do. These are people play by the rule of need to know. What the Hell are they doing? Maybe someone should give a little consideration to the implications of what is happening right now.

Let's see.....

I'll ask you once more. YOUR credentials are?

I'll catch you in the morning. Nightie night.

:eusa_hand:
I agree with you totally, great response! The budget cuts are a serious matter. FBI Agents will be furloughed, TSA will face layoffs, the Military will receive 20% paycuts, not to mention our fighter jets will be taken off line. For the one's that think it's just Obama playing scare tactics are not listening with their ears. Regardless of what side of the fence we are on this sequestor cannot happen.

Where in the world do you get your information!?!?! Fighter jets "taken off line"?? What does that even mean!?! They are saying that CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES will have to do the "unthinkable" and take ONE DAY OFF. ONE DAY.

You have been misinformed.

Not one day, one day a WEEK. that's a 20% decrease in their work week with a corresponding 20% decrease in their incomes, too.

Sequestor wasn't his idea, lad.

People who are paying attention to the news?

Now you ARE right about that.

Even if the Sequestor goes full force for the next 10 years, the national debt continues to rise.

Here's an idea - tell your president to go back to all these "green" companies that he pumped BILLIONS of dollars into only to watch them go belly up (Solyndra, Fiskers, et al) to pay back all the money they stole from us - that might help a little, don't you think??

A little, yes.

Please. The sky is not falling. a decrease of 2% from the TRILLIONS that they are soaking us for is a drop in the bucket. Frankie say RELAX.

It's going to hurt the marco economy a lot more than you imagine it will.

When 1.8 million people take a 20% decrease in their incomes?

That WILL slow down an already feeble economy.

Will the benefits outweight the costs?

I rather doubt it.

:eusa_hand:Sequester came from the administration "Lad"

Obama’s sequester deal-changer

By Bob Woodward,

Friday, February 22, 5:59 PM

The finger-pointing began during the third presidential debate last fall, on Oct. 22, when President Obama blamed Congress. “The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed,” Obama said. “It is something that Congress has proposed.”

The White House chief of staff at the time, Jack Lew, who had been budget director during the negotiations that set up the sequester in 2011, backed up the president two days later.

“There was an insistence on the part of Republicans in Congress for there to be some automatic trigger,” Lew said while campaigning in Florida. It “was very much rooted in the Republican congressional insistence that there be an automatic measure.”

The president and Lew had this wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government.

Obama personally approved of the plan for Lew and Nabors to propose the sequester to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). They did so at 2:30 p.m. July 27, 2011, according to interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved.

Nabors has told others that they checked with the president before going to see Reid. A mandatory sequester was the only action-forcing mechanism they could devise. Nabors has said, “We didn’t actually think it would be that hard to convince them” — Reid and the Republicans — to adopt the sequester. “It really was the only thing we had. There was not a lot of other options left on the table.”

A majority of Republicans did vote for the Budget Control Act that summer, which included the sequester. Key Republican staffers said they didn’t even initially know what a sequester was — because the concept stemmed from the budget wars of the 1980s

Bob Woodward: Obama?s sequester deal-changer - The Washington Post

Last edited:
:eusa_hand:
Where in the world do you get your information!?!?! Fighter jets "taken off line"?? What does that even mean!?! They are saying that CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES will have to do the "unthinkable" and take ONE DAY OFF. ONE DAY.

You have been misinformed.

Not one day, one day a WEEK. that's a 20% decrease in their work week with a corresponding 20% decrease in their incomes, too.

Sequestor wasn't his idea, lad.

People who are paying attention to the news?

Now you ARE right about that.

Even if the Sequestor goes full force for the next 10 years, the national debt continues to rise.

A little, yes.

It's going to hurt the marco economy a lot more than you imagine it will.

When 1.8 million people take a 20% decrease in their incomes?

That WILL slow down an already feeble economy.

Will the benefits outweight the costs?

I rather doubt it.

:eusa_hand:Sequester came from the administration "Lad"

Obama’s sequester deal-changer

By Bob Woodward,

Friday, February 22, 5:59 PM

The finger-pointing began during the third presidential debate last fall, on Oct. 22, when President Obama blamed Congress. “The sequester is not something that I’ve proposed,” Obama said. “It is something that Congress has proposed.”

The White House chief of staff at the time, Jack Lew, who had been budget director during the negotiations that set up the sequester in 2011, backed up the president two days later.

“There was an insistence on the part of Republicans in Congress for there to be some automatic trigger,” Lew said while campaigning in Florida. It “was very much rooted in the Republican congressional insistence that there be an automatic measure.”

The president and Lew had this wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government.

Obama personally approved of the plan for Lew and Nabors to propose the sequester to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). They did so at 2:30 p.m. July 27, 2011, according to interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved.

Nabors has told others that they checked with the president before going to see Reid. A mandatory sequester was the only action-forcing mechanism they could devise. Nabors has said, “We didn’t actually think it would be that hard to convince them” — Reid and the Republicans — to adopt the sequester. “It really was the only thing we had. There was not a lot of other options left on the table.”

A majority of Republicans did vote for the Budget Control Act that summer, which included the sequester. Key Republican staffers said they didn’t even initially know what a sequester was — because the concept stemmed from the budget wars of the 1980s

Bob Woodward: Obama?s sequester deal-changer - The Washington Post

Thank You. These lefties swallow up the propaganda that the "mainstream" news pukes out there and they parrot it on sites like these, like good little "useful idiots"

Obama had absolutely no trouble whatsoever with the notion of these cuts. None. Now, when it is apparent that they are going to become a reality - he sees an opportunity to, once again, divide and not unite, by attempting to make the American people believe that this is all on the backs of republicans.

Obama is doing what he does best - lying. And his little commie minions are eating it up like pablum. You can't even get these little jerks to admit that their "great leader" is now out to raise taxes over and over and over again - not to lower the deficit, but to give him more leeway to spend more on his BS "social justice" nonsense in order to enslave more people.

Obama is a lying piece of Chicago gutter trash.

Forum List

Back