The smart money quietly bets billions on Taiwan remaining at peace

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

While armchair analysts warn about war between China and Taiwan, the smart money is quietly betting billions that Taiwan will remain at peace.

Leading the wave of the largely overlooked long-term foreign investment are America's AI titans and Japan's top property companies. In the last seven years, foreign corporations have invested, or committed to invest, more than $25.259 billion in Taiwan, according to our analysis of Taiwanese government data and company announcements.

In the tech sector, companies such as Advanced Micro Devices, ASML Holding, Google (Alphabet), Micron Technology, Microsoft, Nvidia, Yahoo and others have invested or committed more than $6.27 billion since 2018.

Seems the people with the money do not foresee a war, despite what many on here are talking about.

China gains nothing by going to war with anyone, all that would do is cost them customers.

China will not invade Taiwan for two reasons

It does not make sense economically
They would lose

How do you know it is "smart" money? It might be the dumb money.

would you like to compare your business success against those listed in the link in the OP.

and why is it despite me asking 5 times, you will not address the rail strike in your own country?

would you like to compare your business success against those listed in the link in the OP.

and why is it despite me asking 5 times, you will not address the rail strike in your own country?

We have a rail strike going on? Huh.

Them investing into Taiwan isn't because they don't believe an attack could occur, it is because they are the only game in town, they have it down to a science in Taiwan.

Furthermore, $25B isn;t shipped overnight, this takes years.

While armchair analysts warn about war between China and Taiwan, the smart money is quietly betting billions that Taiwan will remain at peace.

Leading the wave of the largely overlooked long-term foreign investment are America's AI titans and Japan's top property companies. In the last seven years, foreign corporations have invested, or committed to invest, more than $25.259 billion in Taiwan, according to our analysis of Taiwanese government data and company announcements.

In the tech sector, companies such as Advanced Micro Devices, ASML Holding, Google (Alphabet), Micron Technology, Microsoft, Nvidia, Yahoo and others have invested or committed more than $6.27 billion since 2018.

Seems the people with the money do not foresee a war, despite what many on here are talking about.

China gains nothing by going to war with anyone, all that would do is cost them customers.
Taiwan is an economic powerhouse. Nobody want's it shut down.

Ok, you got me. I live in Alaska and just identify as a Canadian since I can relate to their weather. Shhh, keep it between you and I ok?

I sort of assumed like New Jersey or something and your whole persona is just made up for the internet.

Why else would you talk about the US 99.9% of the time and your own country the rest of the time?

China will not invade Taiwan for two reasons

It does not make sense economically
They would lose
They would have to fight Japan, the U.S. and our allies in the region as well if they did. Taiwan, Ukraine, and Israel are flashpoints for WW3. Place yer bets. :omg:

They would have to fight Japan, the U.S. and our allies in the region as well if they did. Taiwan, Ukraine, and Israel are flashpoints for WW3. Place yer bets. :omg:
China has never fought a modern war using modern tactics and technology
Launching an amphibious invasion over 100 miles is extremely risky.

Getting boots on the ground might be tough but it's a pretty short distance for modern weaponry.
China could unleash Shock and Awe
But landing an invasion force and supplying it is not feasible

Like Germany tried with the London Blitz

Last edited:

Pretty sharp analysis

I sort of assumed like New Jersey or something and your whole persona is just made up for the internet.

Why else would you talk about the US 99.9% of the time and your own country the rest of the time?
It's a U.S forum. Ironically, I probably post the most in the Canadian section than anyone else. Check out the forum and go down the list, quite a number of postings considering I know nothing about Canada and don't live there.

Forum List

Back