The Space Shuttle Landed This Morning

How unAmerican of him. America has had space superiority for decades and now with this usurper acting as president, he officially ended it this morning with the last shuttle landing. Obama cancelled the shuttles earlier as well as the Constellation program ending our capability to get into orbit with any American space vehicle. The Russians who can't be trusted has been given space superiority by Obama and it puts America's national security at serious risk.

Exactly how would you like us to pay for it?

I worked on the design of some of the audio systems for the shuttle back in the '70s. I would imagine they've upgraded a lot of the systems by now but still the fleet is old tech.

Maybe when St Sarah gets elected by a landslide in 2012 and all is right with the world again we can go back to putting money into a new and improved vehicle.

Until then, maybe we should concentrate on taking care of things here on earth.

Palin will be proud to highlight American exceptionalism as evidenced by the Space Program

"American exceptionalism" sounds a lot like that Master Race crap Hitler used to spew.
No, it doesn't. Don't be stupid, unless, as I suspect, you simply can't help it.

My God, you can be dense sometimes.

It was time for it to end. It was too expensive. It was getting old and more unsafe.

True, it should have been replaced with something, and THAT is why I am pissed. Not for any partisan hack hatred of Obama. But because he killed the bidget for the replacement of the shuttle program.

The cheapest alternative is the Soyuz, and eventually commercial ventures here and in other countries. I'm ok with that under the circumstances.

Would you tell this dense sometimes person what a bidget is???? I guess you Thank God that obie doodle is employing Russians and not Americans.. Good for you for admitting it.

That would be the typical typographical error when trying to type the word 'budget'.

Not sure I said anything of the kind, but I can see there is no reasoning with people who simply hate to... well.. hate.

Suit yourself.

I really wish people would get over this 'if it ain't in the Constitution, we shouldn't be doing it' mentality.

WE can do pretty much anything that doesn't enfringe on someone esle's rights. Government is the one that is limited. With all the potential for new products and applications, private industry should be rushing in the take this over. Too bad the government didn't make that an easier transition.

I really wish people would get over this 'if it ain't in the Constitution, we shouldn't be doing it' mentality.

Sorry....I can't help but parrot the Tea Party fools...

then we agree. Anyone who says 'if it ain't in the Constitution, we shouldn't be doing it' is a fool. But perhaps your time here would be better spent using your own words and opinions, rather than parroting people you disagree with just to have something to type.

In my own words....after 60 years in space, I believe the time has come for out government to turn it over to the private sector.

How unAmerican of him. America has had space superiority for decades and now with this usurper acting as president, he officially ended it this morning with the last shuttle landing. Obama cancelled the shuttles earlier as well as the Constellation program ending our capability to get into orbit with any American space vehicle. The Russians who can't be trusted has been given space superiority by Obama and it puts America's national security at serious risk.

Exactly how would you like us to pay for it?

How? By cutting out welfare and SSI funds for minorities.

What happened to the "science" crowd.... And Obama can officially add about another 10,000 to the ranks of the unemployed.

:clap2:

Well Done 'ole chap!

then we agree. Anyone who says 'if it ain't in the Constitution, we shouldn't be doing it' is a fool. But perhaps your time here would be better spent using your own words and opinions, rather than parroting people you disagree with just to have something to type.

In my own words....after 60 years in space, I believe the time has come for out government to turn it over to the private sector.

Heck yeah. And then the Government can regulate and tax the fuck out of it under the guises of the "Intergalactic Commerce Clause".

:eek:

So you can bitch about them getting rich? that's rich.. innit?

I worked on the design of some of the audio systems for the shuttle back in the '70s. I would imagine they've upgraded a lot of the systems by now but still the fleet is old tech.

Maybe when St Sarah gets elected by a landslide in 2012 and all is right with the world again we can go back to putting money into a new and improved vehicle.

Until then, maybe we should concentrate on taking care of things here on earth.

Palin will be proud to highlight American exceptionalism as evidenced by the Space Program

"American exceptionalism" sounds a lot like that Master Race crap Hitler used to spew.

Yup. Libs hate the flag, the 4th of July, a strong Defense, a space program.

All of that stuff that makes this country what it is.

I think folks that feel we are crap should just.......leave.

So you can bitch about them getting rich? that's rich.. innit?

Seriously... it's like dealing with insolent children.

Last edited:
Come on!
You made your point...you won the space race in the sixties.
It's time for something new to challenge the Russkies or Chinese at.

Only to the tone deaf propagandized ears of certain schmucky types.

National Pride is what schmucks like baldy think is the next thing to fascism.

He's been taught to hate this country by foreign professors. They're teaching in our schools, teaching our kids to hate this country. What better way to bring it down from within then by taking kids with their heads full of mush and warping them out of shape.

It's pure hypocrisy.

How unAmerican of him. America has had space superiority for decades and now with this usurper acting as president, he officially ended it this morning with the last shuttle landing. Obama cancelled the shuttles earlier as well as the Constellation program ending our capability to get into orbit with any American space vehicle. The Russians who can't be trusted has been given space superiority by Obama and it puts America's national security at serious risk. The Russians now has the capability to go into orbit and dismantle any of our satellites at will. This should be a wakeup call to Americans of what this Article 2 Section 1 Constitutional violater has done. What we need now is a person as president who loves our country with pride and patriotism who want to restore what Obama has taken away from us, American exceptionalism. That person is Sarah Palin.

Diss Vidaniya: Shuttle Ends 50 Years of U.S. Space Flight as Russia Trumpets 'Era of Soyuz'

Read more: Diss Vidaniya: Shuttle Ends 50 Years of U.S. Space Flight as Russia Trumpets 'Era of Soyuz' - FoxNews.com

We don't have any money to fund this--and I doubt Russia does either. It's time to make cuts to the budget--we simply cannot afford it right now. We've already been up and back many times now--and certainly know how to get back up if we have too.

Last edited:
How unAmerican of him. America has had space superiority for decades and now with this usurper acting as president, he officially ended it this morning with the last shuttle landing. Obama cancelled the shuttles earlier as well as the Constellation program ending our capability to get into orbit with any American space vehicle. The Russians who can't be trusted has been given space superiority by Obama and it puts America's national security at serious risk. The Russians now has the capability to go into orbit and dismantle any of our satellites at will. This should be a wakeup call to Americans of what this Article 2 Section 1 Constitutional violater has done. What we need now is a person as president who loves our country with pride and patriotism who want to restore what Obama has taken away from us, American exceptionalism. That person is Sarah Palin.

Diss Vidaniya: Shuttle Ends 50 Years of U.S. Space Flight as Russia Trumpets 'Era of Soyuz'

Read more: Diss Vidaniya: Shuttle Ends 50 Years of U.S. Space Flight as Russia Trumpets 'Era of Soyuz' - FoxNews.com

We don't have any money to fund this--and I doubt Russia does either. It's time to make cuts to the budget--we simply cannot afford it right now.

We would have plenty of money to fund it if we cut out welfare and SSI checks for minorities.

We don't have any money to fund this--and I doubt Russia does either. It's time to make cuts to the budget--we simply cannot afford it right now.

We would have plenty of money to fund it if we cut out welfare and SSI checks for minorities.

We have a financial crisis right now in this country that is unprecedented. There can be NO SACRED Cows--if we are to SAVE this country.

I want you to think about how many 3rd world countries have ever even went into space. Answer--NONE.

If we don't do something about federal government run-a-way spending--and cut where we can--this country is doomed to turn into a 3rd world country--and our space ships will turn into necessary scrap metal.

Get over it--money for space exploration is going to be on the chopping block too.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back