The stock market is on pace for its worst December since the Great Depression

Yea, the price you have to pay for not using slave labor.

We know where you would had stood in 1861.
Doesn't change the marketplace

Our labor rates are not even close. Any tariff will be passed on to consumers in higher prices

No shit. We can flood the market with cheap foreign made crap and put everyone out of jobs as we have for decades, or be more like Europe and use tariffs to protect our industries and jobs.
Well, actually, most lost jobs didn't move overseas. They "went away" because of automation.

The US did indeed lose about 5.6m manufacturing jobs between 2000 and 2010. But according to a study by the Center for Business and Economic Research at Ball State University, 85 per cent of these jobs losses are actually attributable to technological change — largely automation — rather than international trade.

Jobs And Robots: 25 Countries Ranked On Job Loss Potential From Automation, Robotics, And AI

South Korea, Germany, and Japan are most prepared for the coming wave of automation, according to a new report by The Economist. The U.S., on the other hand, ranks ninth out of 25 countries.
-----------------

Democrats have a plan to combat that which was rejected by Republicans. Democrats want to educate Americans to do complex jobs.

Republicans want to burn coal.

That's the difference between the two plans.

Bullshit, the jobs are not being automated, they are going overseas to slave like labor.

Bullshit. More than 85% of lost manufacturing jobs were lost to automation and efficiency improvement. You have no clue what you are talking about
You wish people had that short a memory, but to bad for you and your bud's they don't.

Yea, the price you have to pay for not using slave labor.

We know where you would had stood in 1861.

Our labor rates are not even close. Any tariff will be passed on to consumers in higher prices

No shit. We can flood the market with cheap foreign made crap and put everyone out of jobs as we have for decades, or be more like Europe and use tariffs to protect our industries and jobs.
Well, actually, most lost jobs didn't move overseas. They "went away" because of automation.

The US did indeed lose about 5.6m manufacturing jobs between 2000 and 2010. But according to a study by the Center for Business and Economic Research at Ball State University, 85 per cent of these jobs losses are actually attributable to technological change — largely automation — rather than international trade.

Jobs And Robots: 25 Countries Ranked On Job Loss Potential From Automation, Robotics, And AI

South Korea, Germany, and Japan are most prepared for the coming wave of automation, according to a new report by The Economist. The U.S., on the other hand, ranks ninth out of 25 countries.
-----------------

Democrats have a plan to combat that which was rejected by Republicans. Democrats want to educate Americans to do complex jobs.

Bullshit, the jobs are not being automated, they are going overseas to slave like labor.

Bullshit. More than 85% of lost manufacturing jobs were lost to automation and efficiency improvement. You have no clue what you are talking about
I was wondering why all of those Foxconn employees in China were attempting suicide.
Even Tim Cook admitted it was cheap labor and not automation.

-----------------

I was wondering why all of those Foxconn employees in China were attempting suicide.

If you have access to HBO, I suggest you watch this...
The Truth About Killer Robots

So tired of all this winning.

Two benchmark U.S. stock indexes are careening toward a historically bad December.

Both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 are on pace for their worst December performance since 1931, when stocks were battered during the Great Depression. The Dow and S&P 500 are down 7.8 percent and 7.6 percent this month, respectively.

The stock market is on pace for its worst December since the Great Depression

Huh? So is this Obama's market or Trump's?
Trump policy has caused the market problems. Who do you think?

Hmmm, wasn't Obama claiming it was his market a couple weeks ago?
The problems are clearly trump policy. Same with the huge deficits. And on top of that they are predicting slow growth next year. MAGA.

get

-----------------

If you listen to Tim Cook, the robots are incredibly expensive and will greatly increase the price point.
I know people who go to China and India at least 4 times a year to visit their factories...ain’t no automation taking US jobs.

-----------------

If you listen to Tim Cook, the robots are incredibly expensive and will greatly increase the price point.
I know people who go to China and India at least 4 times a year to visit their factories...ain’t no automation taking US jobs.

Every year the robots get cheaper and people get more expensive...where do you think that will lead? Instead of sticking their head in the sand people, especially younger people need to think about jobs that cannot be replaced by a robot when deciding their life's vocation

Automation is what is taking the Chinese jobs.

Robots: China breaks historic records in automation

Why automation is a huge part of China's goal to remake its manufacturing industry

Every year the robots get cheaper and people get more expensive...where do you think that will lead? Instead of sticking their head in the sand people, especially younger people need to think about jobs that cannot be replaced by a robot when deciding their life's vocation

Automation is what is taking the Chinese jobs.

Robots: China breaks historic records in automation

Why automation is a huge part of China's goal to remake its manufacturing industry
China’s going to have to deal with a few billion starving people and there are already constant riots.
I’m all for automation but looking at reviews for various products on Amazon, it seems Japan and Germany do it right while not treating the average citizen like a piece of garbage.

Lets see now...where was the market at when Trump took over? The market allways goes through a correction and it's been on fire lately.

Shut up losers.
By "on fire", you mean "burning to the ground".

dow-on-fire.jpg

Not one of you morons can read? That explains a lot.
You said it's been on fire lately. It's been stagnant all year. My 401K is down. Sorry you aren't in reality.

You don't get to cherry pick the time idiot, where was it when Trump went into office?

Lets see now...where was the market at when Trump took over? The market allways goes through a correction and it's been on fire lately.

Shut up losers.

dow-on-fire.jpg

If they cannot read...why are you still typing messages to them?

Literacy is measure in more than just ability to form words from letters.

No charge for the education, you're welcome.

-----------------

Good thing WI republicans gave Foxconn billions of tax payer money....

Shut up losers.

dow-on-fire.jpg

You said it's been on fire lately. It's been stagnant all year. My 401K is down. Sorry you aren't in reality.

You don't get to cherry pick the time idiot, where was it when Trump went into office?
We don't have to cherry pick the time, you used lately. Sorry you don't understand words very well....

Definition of lately

: of late : recently

-----------------

As opposed to giving that money to Illegals.

Shut up losers.

dow-on-fire.jpg

We don't have to cherry pick the time, you used lately. Sorry you don't understand words very well....

Definition of lately

Nice try moron. If you could read, you would know that I was talking about the time from the beginning of his presidency. I stated so in the post. Too bad about your reading handicap. That's probably why you believe and say such stupid shit. You are dismissed.

-----------------

I'd prefer they gave it back to the people who paid.

dow-on-fire.jpg

Definition of lately

Nice try moron. If you could read, you would know that I was talking about the time from the beginning of his presidency. I stated so in the post. Too bad about your reading handicap. That's probably why you believe and say such stupid shit. You are dismissed.
So the last year the Dow has been crap, but in your mind recently is some time before that... right.

Because who needs businesses anyway.
It’s not like a factory will spur an economy.

Because who needs businesses anyway.
It’s not like a factory will spur an economy.
You sound like a socialist. So you want the government dictating the means of production eh?

I'm a capitalist, the market should determine these things, not how much money the government throws around.

Forum List

Back