The Story You're Not Hearing in the MSM: July 2014 SCOTUS Upholds Ban on Gay Marriage

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Important and potentially foreshadowing Decision with huge implications gets no press at all: (had to find this on a tiny local outlet). And it may mean that Prop 8 in California will be ruled on constitutionally finally as valid. See discussion below as to why that is important today.

U.S. Supreme Court grants Utah's appeal to stay gay marriage court order

Friday, July 18, 2014 4:22 p.m. CDT

(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday agreed to a request from Utah for an emergency stay of an appeals court order that told the state to recognize hundreds of same-sex marriages performed there pending an appeal.

The appeal for a stay by Utah's attorney general had been widely expected since the 10th Circuit appeals court left intact an existing temporary stay in order to give the state time to seek a lengthier injunction from a higher court.

(Reporting by Daniel Wallis in Denver; Editing by Eric Beech) U.S. Supreme Court grants Utah's appeal to stay gay marriage court order - News - KFGO The Mighty 790AM - Fargo Moorhead, ND

Not heard a PEEP about this in the MSM.

The AG of Utah cited [and apparently swayed with the argument that] Utah's voters' rights were in danger of being suppressed.

And that's why you're not hearing this story on MSNBC for sure. Not sure why it's being hidden on Fox but I have several theories.

This is big news. This is HUGE news. This is the US Supreme Court saying "we are letting the public know that we at least are considering the heavy weight of voters' rights to define marriage for themselves in each state".

I'm pretty sure justice Sotomayor was overseeing this appeal. Might have been the whole panel, I'm not sure. But that would include Kennedy. Apparently the SCOTUS has read its own opinion on Windsor 2013... Others might want to read it too in order to cipher what's is potentially coming: restoration of Prop 8 [which was never ruled on constitutionally and is still law in CA].

And I point that out because now as we speak, CA rogue officials are currently gutting subservient laws [Family Code ruled by Prop 8's definition] in violation of 7 million voters' state and federal constitutional rights to have the weight of their vote counted in democracy. That state has a constitutional statute that says no initiative law may be erased or altered in any way [including potency to rule lower code laws it defines] without another referendum from the voters. This is de facto sedition with no mitigating sugar coat.

For more on the legal discussion visit this thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ady-progression-of-sedition-and-contempt.html

Also: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-forced-to-adopt-orphans-to-these-people.html

And: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...future-attempt-another-coup-on-democracy.html

Last edited:
Sil, this dog won't hunt, the war is over, and you lost. How long before you start dealing with the reality that gay people now get to get married like straight people? That never should have been up for a vote in the first place but it wouldn't matter now if it was, you'd still lose since the times have changed, and yet, you haven't...

This dog not only hunted "Paint" but it bit the Gay Agenda right in the butt July 18, 2014. The fight isn't over. In fact for your side the pendulum swing-back has only just begun.

Brace yourself for a series of legal setbacks. If that's what you call restoring the control of human behaviors and who may marry back to state level "a defeat". I consider it a victory for democracy.

A limited grouping of deviant sex behaviors-as-cult using the 14th Amendment to dictate to an unwilling majority is the dog that ain't gonna hunt friend...

Last edited:
Fucking idiot - upholding the "stay" -- meaning gay marriages won't commence until the bigots have exhausted their appeals.

Don't worry, you'll be able to tie the knot with Frankie soon enough.

Fucking idiot - upholding the "stay" -- meaning gay marriages won't commence until the bigots have exhausted their appeals.

The question is why was the stay granted if gay marriage under the 14th is such a "done deal" as LGBT cultees always insist it is?

Wasn't Sotomayor in charge of this appeal?

And the next important question: why with all the hubbub over every single other gay marriage news [see the Maddow Show for details] is this story buried? It's buried for a reason you know. Care to speculate on what that reason is? Don't tell me because "it isn't an important story". It's legal equivalent would be having your little fishing dinghy shot broadside by a submarine torpedo.

It's the SCOTUS saying to the gay-cult: "We are letting you know ahead of time that we think Utah's [and the other 49 states'] argument has enough merit for us to risk violating the "gay rights" in order to weigh that argument".

Last edited:
This dog not only hunted "Paint" but it bit the Gay Agenda right in the butt July 18, 2014. The fight isn't over. In fact for your side the pendulum swing-back has only just begun.

Brace yourself for a series of legal setbacks. If that's what you call restoring the control of human behaviors and who may marry back to state level "a defeat". I consider it a victory for democracy.

A limited grouping of deviant sex behaviors-as-cult using the 14th Amendment to dictate to an unwilling majority is the dog that ain't gonna hunt friend...
You live in a fantasyland, which should come crashing down soon enough considering that half the nation of gays can already get married and it's no big deal to normal people. Carry on...

The question is why was the stay granted if gay marriage under the 14th is such a "done deal" as LGBT cultees always insist it is?
Because Utah, unlike CA, has standing. How many times must this be explained to you?

There is a process here, our way of working laws out, and that is what the court is allowing to happen. That's all that it means, even they know at some point they are going to have to rule, and it won't be your way.

Wasn't it such a great time in the US when all we had to worry and fight about was inter-racial marriage?

Because Utah, unlike CA, has standing. How many times must this be explained to you?

There is a process here, our way of working laws out, and that is what the court is allowing to happen. That's all that it means, even they know at some point they are going to have to rule, and it won't be your way.

One of the links in the OP here describes a situation newly created as of this month by rogue officials in CA lining out laws without permission or legal authority, that allows any voter in California to have standing again on challenging the legality of Prop 8 at the SCOTUS level. See the thread for details. It's the "CA Fascists" link.

Wasn't it such a great time in the US when all we had to worry and fight about was inter-racial marriage?

In Sil's world that's still not legal, just the Agenda of the Church of IRMP (Inter-Racial Marriage People), and they were rolled back to second-class citizen status by the voters.

That pendulum will swing when the women's rights pendulum swings...which would be what the crazy far RW wants too.

Seriously libs... I don't even care about queers getting married, but you idiots are so wrong about this issue.

It upsets me you morons escaped planned parenthood. You're the genetic garbage Margret Sanger was trying to get rid of.

Seriously libs... I don't even care about queers getting married, but you idiots are so wrong about this issue.

It upsets me you morons escaped planned parenthood. You're the genetic garbage Margret Sanger was trying to get rid of.
Yes, equality before the law. What nonsense eh?

And why exactly do you believe your posts are worthy of standing out by making them blue? Are they that important? Are you? Can't you just post like everyone else?

Wasn't Sotomayor in charge of this appeal?

And the next important question: why with all the hubbub over every single other gay marriage news [see the Maddow Show for details] is this story buried? It's buried for a reason you know. Care to speculate on what that reason is? Don't tell me because "it isn't an important story". It's legal equivalent would be having your little fishing dinghy shot broadside by a submarine torpedo.

It's the SCOTUS saying to the gay-cult: "We are letting you know ahead of time that we think Utah's [and the other 49 states'] argument has enough merit for us to risk violating the "gay rights" in order to weigh that argument".

:lmao:

Now you believe that there is a "conspiracy" to "bury" a routine legal stay proceeding?

:lmao:

Not heard a PEEP about this in the MSM.

The AG of Utah cited [and apparently swayed with the argument that] Utah's voters' rights were in danger of being suppressed.

And that's why you're not hearing this story on MSNBC for sure.

Hey, see my previous post.

Not sure why it's being hidden on Fox but I have several theories.

Several theories, huh? Busy, busy, busy in that head of yours, eh?

Hey, check this out: Supreme Court delays benefits for Utah gay couples | Fox News

SIX DAYS AGO. Time to catch up!

So much for whatever idiotic conspiracy theory you grew in your head about why it isn't being reported. :lol:

Last edited:
It's not a big story. OP thought the Supreme Court had upheld a gay marriage ban.

They didn't. The merely allowed a lower court's stay to remain in place until the case comes to them. Not a big deal.

HUGE difference from an actual ruling upholding the ban as constitutional.

Last edited:
Not sure why it's being hidden on Fox but I have several theories.

What are they?

Election strategy & purposeful stoking of middle voter rage at far left legal "victories" committing incremental theft of democratic rule in an apparent escalating & unstoppable way....A purposeful collusion of silence on small or large victories of traditional marriage so those fear-oxen keep a steady pull on that yoke that is tugging millions of middle dem votes towards a protest vote in 2014 & 2016.

Forum List

Back