The Subsidy Calculator - The Cost of the Bronze Program

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
(1) Person 1: Age 21 - $24K, no employer plan no kids.
Subsidy: $949
Person pays: $1,587 or $132.25 a month

(2) Person 1: Age 30, $24K, employer offers plan, no kids
Subsidy: $0 (if employer offers any plan, then you get no subsidy)
Person pays: $2,536 or $216 a month

(3) Person 3: Age 30, $32.5K, no employer plan, no kids
Subsidy: $0 (that is the highest amount a person makes to get no subsidy and be single)
Person plans $2,536 or $216 a month.

(4) Family 2: Age 30, 2 adults, $35K household, 1 kid, no employer plan
Subsidy: $5,494
Payment: $1,870 or $155 a month

(5) Family 1: Age 40, 2 adults, 2 kids, $50K, no employer plan
Subsidy: $6,334
Payment: $3,365 or $280

(6) Famiy 3: Age 40, 2 adult, 2 kids, $24K income, no employer plan
Subsidy: $9,220
Payment: $480 or $40 a month

The point is that people could pay as little at $1 is bull shit. Everyone pays and the amounts where young single people pay are as low as $32.5K!

The Kaiser numbers are not real, they used estimates of premiums.

Best thing you will get to what your actual premiums would be, but don't let your red herring stop you from making that argument!

Subsidy: $0 (that is the highest amount a person makes to get no subsidy and be single)

The point is that people could pay as little at $1 is bull shit. Everyone pays and the amounts where young single people pay are as low as $32.5K!

You forget folks need to pay $5000.00 dollars out of pocket before any benefits kick in.

You forget folks need to pay $5000.00 dollars out of pocket before any benefits kick in.

These are the plans that used to cost like $100/month, right? No subsidy required.

The Kaiser numbers are not real, they used estimates of premiums.

Best thing you will get to what your actual premiums would be, but don't let your red herring stop you from making that argument!

LOL.....your ignorance isn't my issue.

Dn't shoot the messenger I'm just telling you they aren't true numbers.

Just went to check the plans they propose in my state now.
The cheapest one is 192 per month and 10K deductible - and that is FOR OFFICE VISITS WITH THE PRIMARY CARE ONLY! plus 35$ every time a copay.

this is a total rip-off - if you pay CASH - the office visit to ANY doctor is going to be 75-100$.

WHY do you need insurance at all?

The cheapest one is 192 per month and 10K deductible - and that is FOR OFFICE VISITS WITH THE PRIMARY CARE ONLY! plus 35$ every time a copay.

this is a total rip-off - if you pay CASH - the office visit to ANY doctor is going to be 75-100$.

You don't. But the insurance companies want your money.

Submit!

Obey!

How many threads are you people gonna start on this guesstimator site?

how many we fill like it.

it is not a guess site - it is my official state site for insurance exchanges.

it is a burglary.

Submit!

Obey!

I have insurance through employer. It covers everything, I have deductible and I can choose doctors as I feel like.

this crap is for office visits only - accidents require additional coverage!

if you pay cash for office visits and lab work and imaging - you do not need to spend that much money.

this is not only a tax - it is the most killing tax in the history of this country.

Submit!

Obey!

I have insurance through employer. It covers everything, I have deductible and I can choose doctors as I feel like.

if you pay cash for office visits and lab work and imaging - you do not need to spend that much money.

this is not only a tax - it is the most killing tax in the history of this country.

Cool. Why are you bitching? Your plan will not change.

If you did not have insurance.....like many of the hardworking business owners who I deal with.....the ACA is a good thing.

Yes it is a guess. The freaking site even says so. No one knows the actuasl numbers yet. Not even the government apparently.

Last edited:

Submit!

Obey!

If you did not have insurance.....like many of the hardworking business owners who I deal with.....the ACA is a good thing.

Of course it will change. oh, I forgot, you believe obama's lies.

it will change for EVERYBODY. not this year, but by 2018 nobody will have employer-sponsored insurance anymore - only obamacare.'
if this crap is not flushed down the drain

Yes it is a guess. The freaking site even says so. No one knows the actuasl numbers yet. Not even the government apparently.

it is not a guess.

are you illiterate or do you need obamacare to address you reading comprehension disability?

today is October 1 - and all sites with exchanges are OPEN.

the quotes are from THERE

it will change for EVERYBODY. not this year, but by 2018 nobody will have employer-sponsored insurance anymore - only obamacare.'

Really? Great. Employer sponsored health care sucks.

Really? Great. Employer sponsored health care sucks.

employer-sponsored healthcare is great.
obamacare sucks.
and should be repealed. or defunded.
in any way - destroyed.

Subsidies are given for up to 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.

FPL for a single person is $11,490. 400 FPL is $45,960.

This was in the Kansas City Star a day or two ago...
I make less than the poverty level. Can I use the marketplace?

Yes, but you won’t qualify for the subsidy. You’re in a tough spot.
If you are very poor and have children, you may qualify for Medicaid, the state-based health insurance program for the poor, or CHIP for the kids. When you enter information in the marketplace, it’s supposed to tell you whether you might qualify for those programs.

If you earn too much for Medicaid, you can still buy insurance — but you won’t get any subsidy for the premium unless you earn at least 100 percent of the poverty level.

Some states have expanded Medicaid to cover consumers in this gap, but Kansas and Missouri aren’t among them. So someone earning $10,000 a year in those states will likely pay twice as much for the same policy as someone earning $25,000.

The government has said it won’t penalize consumers in the gap if they choose not to buy.

Obamacare: A primer - KansasCity.com

What a mess this is going to be...and the Democrats have doubled down it.

First they unilaterally passed it without one Republican vote...and now they shut down the government to protect this turkey.

You spinners will have to work triple time trying to pin the implosion of Obamacare on Republicans, or Bush, or whomever you are blaming your failures on this week...but it won't do you a bit of good.

Obamacare is slung around your collective necks like an albatross.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back