The Subsidy Calculator - The Cost of the Bronze Program

Ahhhhh...more is made clear:

Under ACA, premium subsidies were made available to those who made between 100 percent and 400 percent of the federal poverty level and buy insurance through an exchange. So now, if you’re in one of those states that didn’t expand Medicaid, and there are more than 20 of these states, and if you make less than 100 percent of the poverty level, but don’t qualify for Medicaid, you can still buy coverage offered on the exchange but you aren’t eligible for premium subsidies.

So if your state government opted out of ObamaCare's expansion of Medicaid, then you are fucked if you earn less than 100 FPL.

Anyone want to bet that most of those 20 states are red states?

This was in the Kansas City Star a day or two ago...
I make less than the poverty level. Can I use the marketplace?

Yes, but you won’t qualify for the subsidy. You’re in a tough spot.
If you are very poor and have children, you may qualify for Medicaid, the state-based health insurance program for the poor, or CHIP for the kids. When you enter information in the marketplace, it’s supposed to tell you whether you might qualify for those programs.

If you earn too much for Medicaid, you can still buy insurance — but you won’t get any subsidy for the premium unless you earn at least 100 percent of the poverty level.

Some states have expanded Medicaid to cover consumers in this gap, but Kansas and Missouri aren’t among them. So someone earning $10,000 a year in those states will likely pay twice as much for the same policy as someone earning $25,000.

The government has said it won’t penalize consumers in the gap if they choose not to buy.

Obamacare: A primer - KansasCity.com

What a mess this is going to be...and the Democrats have doubled down it.

First they unilaterally passed it without one Republican vote...and now they shut down the government to protect this turkey.

You spinners will have to work triple time trying to pin the implosion of Obamacare on Republicans, or Bush, or whomever you are blaming your failures on this week...but it won't do you a bit of good.

Obamacare is slung around your collective necks like an albatross.

Here's a map of states which shows those states which expanded Medicaid and which ones did not.

Missouri is leaning toward opting out. And that is why the guy in Kansas City is out of luck if he makes less than 100 percent FPL.

If Missouri opted into ObamaCare, the guy would be eligible for a subsidy.

That guy's bad luck is all on Missouri, not ObamaCare.

2ds0vr.jpg

Last edited:
This was in the Kansas City Star a day or two ago...
I make less than the poverty level. Can I use the marketplace?

Yes, but you won’t qualify for the subsidy. You’re in a tough spot.
If you are very poor and have children, you may qualify for Medicaid, the state-based health insurance program for the poor, or CHIP for the kids. When you enter information in the marketplace, it’s supposed to tell you whether you might qualify for those programs.

If you earn too much for Medicaid, you can still buy insurance — but you won’t get any subsidy for the premium unless you earn at least 100 percent of the poverty level.

Some states have expanded Medicaid to cover consumers in this gap, but Kansas and Missouri aren’t among them. So someone earning $10,000 a year in those states will likely pay twice as much for the same policy as someone earning $25,000.

The government has said it won’t penalize consumers in the gap if they choose not to buy.

Obamacare: A primer - KansasCity.com

What a mess this is going to be...and the Democrats have doubled down it.

First they unilaterally passed it without one Republican vote...and now they shut down the government to protect this turkey.

You spinners will have to work triple time trying to pin the implosion of Obamacare on Republicans, or Bush, or whomever you are blaming your failures on this week...but it won't do you a bit of good.

Obamacare is slung around your collective necks like an albatross.

Here's a map of states which shows those states which expanded Medicaid and which ones did not.

Missouri is leaning toward opting out. And that is why the guy in Kansas City is out of luck if he makes less than 100 percent FPL.

If Missouri opted into ObamaCare, the guy would be eligible for a subsidy.

That guy's bad luck is all on Missouri, not ObamaCare.

I f the guy is making LESS than FPL he is eligible for Medicaid without expansion. Expansion of medicaid is irrelevant for him.

stop spreading the misinformation.

Ahhhhh...more is made clear:

Under ACA, premium subsidies were made available to those who made between 100 percent and 400 percent of the federal poverty level and buy insurance through an exchange. So now, if you’re in one of those states that didn’t expand Medicaid, and there are more than 20 of these states, and if you make less than 100 percent of the poverty level, but don’t qualify for Medicaid, you can still buy coverage offered on the exchange but you aren’t eligible for premium subsidies.

So if your state government opted out of ObamaCare's expansion of Medicaid, then you are fucked if you earn less than 100 FPL.

Anyone want to bet that most of those 20 states are red states?

stop LYING.

If one is less than FPL he is automatically eligible for medicaid, obamacare is irrelevant and medicaid expansion too.

No. Only in States who opted in to the Medicare expansion.

Nutter governors have screwed their low income constituents.

The fucking lies are crazy.

Yes it is a guess. The freaking site even says so. No one knows the actuasl numbers yet. Not even the government apparently.

it is not a guess.

are you illiterate or do you need obamacare to address you reading comprehension disability?

today is October 1 - and all sites with exchanges are OPEN.

the quotes are from THERE

LOL, NO...it is a guess.

The Kaiser checker is not Official....sorry....oh yes...and the exchanges were open for about 15 then they crashed.

Yes it is a guess. The freaking site even says so. No one knows the actuasl numbers yet. Not even the government apparently.

it is not a guess.

are you illiterate or do you need obamacare to address you reading comprehension disability?

I would send them an email then and demand they change the disclaimer on their site.

No. Only in States who opted in to the Medicare expansion.

Nutter governors have screwed their low income constituents.

The fucking lies are crazy.

Don't lie, though it is your nature. :lol:

Medicaid has been around for almost 50 years and eligibility requirements did not change. If you are below FPL - you are eligible, expansion or no expansion.
And Medicaid and Medicare are different programs if you did not know :D

Last edited:

it is not a guess.

LOL, NO...it is a guess.

The Kaiser checker is not Official....sorry....oh yes...and the exchanges were open for about 15 then they crashed.

I am not talking about Kaiser.
you have reading comprehension disorder requiring emergency obamacare?

Last edited:

it is not a guess.

(sigh) The sites went down 15 minutes after they opened, the subsidy checker didn't work all day, sorry to burst your bubble.

it is not a guess.

I would send them an email then and demand they change the disclaimer on their site.

disclaimer for WHAT? It is an official exchange site for my state - we don't even have kaiser :rolleyes:

leftards caught lying trying to divert attention from their lies :lol:

it is not a guess.

(sigh) The sites went down 15 minutes after they opened, the subsidy checker didn't work all day, sorry to burst your bubble.

15 minutes after opening were down, when I checked - it was not.
It was 6 pm when I checked. I even compared the plans silver/gold/platinum - the prices are through the roof.

LOL, healthcare.gov is using the Kaiser Calculator so that folks can "get an idea" to what the subsidies will be.

it is not a guess.

15 minutes after opening were down, when I checked - it was not.
It was 6 pm when I checked. I even compared the plans silver/gold/platinum - the prices are through the roof.

of course they are. That's because Barack is a complete habitual liar

-Geaux

Forum List

Back