The Subsidy Calculator - The Cost of the Bronze Program

it is not a guess.

are you illiterate or do you need obamacare to address you reading comprehension disability?

today is October 1 - and all sites with exchanges are OPEN.

the quotes are from THERE

(sigh) The sites went down 15 minutes after they opened, the subsidy checker didn't work all day, sorry to burst your bubble.

15 minutes after opening were down, when I checked - it was not.
It was 6 pm when I checked. I even compared the plans silver/gold/platinum - the prices are through the roof.

I know they are and people are freaked.

I could not care less about gov using Kaiser calculator.

I am not eligible for subsidies :rolleyes:

This was in the Kansas City Star a day or two ago...
I make less than the poverty level. Can I use the marketplace?

Yes, but you won’t qualify for the subsidy. You’re in a tough spot.
If you are very poor and have children, you may qualify for Medicaid, the state-based health insurance program for the poor, or CHIP for the kids. When you enter information in the marketplace, it’s supposed to tell you whether you might qualify for those programs.

If you earn too much for Medicaid, you can still buy insurance — but you won’t get any subsidy for the premium unless you earn at least 100 percent of the poverty level.

Some states have expanded Medicaid to cover consumers in this gap, but Kansas and Missouri aren’t among them. So someone earning $10,000 a year in those states will likely pay twice as much for the same policy as someone earning $25,000.

The government has said it won’t penalize consumers in the gap if they choose not to buy.

Obamacare: A primer - KansasCity.com

What a mess this is going to be...and the Democrats have doubled down it.

First they unilaterally passed it without one Republican vote...and now they shut down the government to protect this turkey.

You spinners will have to work triple time trying to pin the implosion of Obamacare on Republicans, or Bush, or whomever you are blaming your failures on this week...but it won't do you a bit of good.

Obamacare is slung around your collective necks like an albatross.

Here's a map of states which shows those states which expanded Medicaid and which ones did not.

Missouri is leaning toward opting out. And that is why the guy in Kansas City is out of luck if he makes less than 100 percent FPL.

If Missouri opted into ObamaCare, the guy would be eligible for a subsidy.

That guy's bad luck is all on Missouri, not ObamaCare.

I f the guy is making LESS than FPL he is eligible for Medicaid without expansion. Expansion of medicaid is irrelevant for him.

stop spreading the misinformation.

It is not misinformation. It is possible to make too much to qualify for the unexpanded Medicaid and too little to qualify for the federal subsidy. You are the one who is being lied to.

This will be a tactical mistake for the elected officials in Missouri who decided to opt out of ObamaCare. When the people realize other states get federal subsidies and they don't, and that the reason is because of the people they elected on the state level, there will be hell to pay in the next election.

And you can be very sure the people will be well informed of this by Democrats since Missouri has a Republican-controlled legislature with a lot of Tea Partiers. The Republicans are the ones who rejected the Medicaid expansion and are responsible for people not getting federal subsidies.

Big mistake.

Last edited:
Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
(1) Person 1: Age 21 - $24K, no employer plan no kids.
Subsidy: $949
Person pays: $1,587 or $132.25 a month

(2) Person 1: Age 30, $24K, employer offers plan, no kids
Subsidy: $0 (if employer offers any plan, then you get no subsidy)
Person pays: $2,536 or $216 a month

(3) Person 3: Age 30, $32.5K, no employer plan, no kids
Subsidy: $0 (that is the highest amount a person makes to get no subsidy and be single)
Person plans $2,536 or $216 a month.

(4) Family 2: Age 30, 2 adults, $35K household, 1 kid, no employer plan
Subsidy: $5,494
Payment: $1,870 or $155 a month

(5) Family 1: Age 40, 2 adults, 2 kids, $50K, no employer plan
Subsidy: $6,334
Payment: $3,365 or $280

(6) Famiy 3: Age 40, 2 adult, 2 kids, $24K income, no employer plan
Subsidy: $9,220
Payment: $480 or $40 a month

The point is that people could pay as little at $1 is bull shit. Everyone pays and the amounts where young single people pay are as low as $32.5K!

You forget folks need to pay $5000.00 dollars out of pocket before any benefits kick in.

That is why I call it a shit program or the worst I have ever seen. I am talking specifically about premiums. The premiums are very high for a program I won't even want for free!

NOTE: Those $5K deductible are per person ($12,500 max per family). That means in a four person family a family could pay $12,500 before the plan kicks in and pays a miserable 70%!

You don't. But the insurance companies want your money.

Submit!

Obey!

I have insurance through employer. It covers everything, I have deductible and I can choose doctors as I feel like.

this crap is for office visits only - accidents require additional coverage!

if you pay cash for office visits and lab work and imaging - you do not need to spend that much money.

this is not only a tax - it is the most killing tax in the history of this country.

Cool. Why are you bitching? Your plan will not change.

If you did not have insurance.....like many of the hardworking business owners who I deal with.....the ACA is a good thing.

LOL, you are so ignorant. I get a nice group plan also. It changed. It had the LARGEST increase in premiums since I have been here (close to 10 years). Deductibles went up dramastically on the PPO plan and many benefits were cut!

The premiums and deductibles went up so much that, to the dismay of my wife, I elected for the first time in my working life to go with a HMO over a PPO! The PPO was just too expensive, esp for what you get now!

Forum List

Back