The tax man cometh to police you on health care

You know what I would like to see which will never happen? I would like to see all who work for the IRS walk off the job in protest of this take away of American freedom. But it won't happen. The pencil necked geeks that were made fun of in High School will extract their revenge because now they have ultimate power. I don't know if I had anything but fear concerning the IRS but now I know I have zero respect.

It is called being responsible. If a person decides not to be responsible then the government will force them to be. So if you have a decent job and pay for your own benefits then you are responsible for paying for those who don't work as hard. If you don't want too tough, the government will force your compliance to what they say is your responsibility.

No, that's the opposite of responsibility. What you're describing is obedience.

Responsibility is making your own decisions and dealing with the consequences. When government takes from you the freedom to decide your own actions, they also assume responsibility for the consequences of those actions. At that point, you're not exercising judgement or being responsible. You're just following orders.

It is called being responsible. If a person decides not to be responsible then the government will force them to be. So if you have a decent job and pay for your own benefits then you are responsible for paying for those who don't work as hard. If you don't want too tough, the government will force your compliance to what they say is your responsibility.

Responsibility is making your own decisions and dealing with the consequences. When government takes from you the freedom to decide your own actions, they also assume responsibility for the consequences of those actions. At that point, you're not exercising judgement or being responsible. You're just following orders.

And.........another one.

Too damned funny, nutters.

You know what I would like to see which will never happen? I would like to see all who work for the IRS walk off the job in protest of this take away of American freedom. But it won't happen. The pencil necked geeks that were made fun of in High School will extract their revenge because now they have ultimate power. I don't know if I had anything but fear concerning the IRS but now I know I have zero respect.

You are one to watch, Freewill. You've got a keen grasp on reality. Not to mention your superior communication skills.

It's time you moochers stop free loading off the rest of us who purchase health insurance.

I really don't get all the seething resentment toward people in need. I suppose sometimes it's "their own damned fault", but if that's the way you feel, then don't help them out.

Never said anything about poor people, just you moochers. Learn the difference.

Yeah, let's talk about the difference. Someone going without insurance isn't hurting anyone else. What you're really complaining about is people who don't pay their medical bills. It's not the same thing.

Insurance is only one way to deal with health care expenses (and has, in fact, proven to be a spectacularly bad way). Pushing everyone into the same bad solution is just dumb.

Last edited:

And.........another one.

Yes... sarcasm tags would be handy. :)

Freewill does a perhaps too-accurate impersonation of an authoritarian jackass.

Last edited:

The costs (and I'm just talking about financial costs here) associated with the fact that some people cannot afford or obtain health insurance are astronomical. If they cannot receive regular preventive care, if they cannot receive timely diagnostic care, these costs affect everyone and everyone ultimately pays for it, ESPECIALLY in the long term. On top of that, the same holds true for the use of hospital emergency rooms and other hospital services for people who are not covered.

So we all pay significantly more because of our current health care delivery structure. I wonder if we can all agree on that, I really do. And if a person agrees with that, and that person complains that their "freedoms" are connected to their personal finances, I must wonder why these people are willing to continue the status quo or something like it.

The answers for a complete revamp of our health care delivery chassis are all out there. Unfortunately, both "sides" need to (1) admit that, and (2) cooperate to create a new system that incorporates all of those answers.

Not holding my breath.

It's time you moochers stop free loading off the rest of us who purchase health insurance.

I really don't get all the seething resentment toward people in need. I suppose sometimes it's "their own damned fault", but if that's the way you feel, then don't help them out.

Yeah, let's talk about the difference. Someone going without insurance isn't hurting anyone else. What you're really complaining about is people who don't pay their medical bills. It's not the same thing.

Insurance is only one way to deal with health care expenses (and has, in fact, proven to be a spectacularly bad way). Pushing everyone into the same bad solution is just dumb.

I think the resentment comes from those who seemingly work hard, save their money, pay their taxes and still get put into massive debt by the federal government for programs that never help those who are working. Of course these programs could or should be viewed as safety nets. The contrast, whether perception or not, is that there are those who don't work as hard and they still get the same benefits.

That said, there are jobs out there for people. The problem is that the benefits that people get are better then the benefit from working. Or the jobs are low pay and considered beneath a person.

Any way here is an article of how Sweden is moving in the direct opposite of the US. They already did the leg work for us and what we are doing didn't work. People stayed on unemployment until the unemployment ran out then they got a job. Summer temporary work in the US goes on unemployment for the winter.....why?

The American Spectator : Free Market Sweden, Social Democratic America

My "side" has no problem admitting fact number 1. We scream that from the rooftops every day.

I don't recall the Democrats pushing significant tort reform, which will be one of the key components in reducing costs. Do you feel that would be on the table, if the Republicans gave in on some other key components?

As long as the ABA can lobby, tort reform won't happen. As long as the insurance industry can lobby, the ability to purchase insurance across state lines won't happen. As long as Big Pharma can lobby, prescription prices will never come down.

These 3 things would lower insurance costs significantly, without the massive new bureaucracy that is the ACA.

Why are you being a low life with picking on the poor.

YOU STUPID FUCKS WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE IT AFFORDABLE.

Instead premiums have increased along with the simple cost of an office visit.

You are one stupid son of a bitch.

Nice. Will you take that exact same attitude with people on welfare, food stamps and drug usage? Because it is way beyond time for them to be responsible for their own lives and stop being a burden to the rest of of us. While we're at it, lets hold women who use abortion for birth control accountable by not having them foist their mistakes off on the rest of us.

Sound like a good plan for you? Or do you just want the suit with the Hypocrite sewn on the front?

Don't ya just love it when a pair of idiot nutters misunderstands one another?

.....edit.....

Make that a whole group of idiot nutters.

Yeah! Now who was it that misunderstood you?

People who choose to go without insurance are gambling with my money. Unless they are multimillionaires they are in fact moochers....unless of course you are able to show me that you know someone who is immune to getting sick or injured. Otherwise.....moochers.

My "side" has no problem admitting fact number 1. We scream that from the rooftops every day.

I don't recall the Democrats pushing significant tort reform, which will be one of the key components in reducing costs. Do you feel that would be on the table, if the Republicans gave in on some other key components?

As long as the ABA can lobby, tort reform won't happen. As long as the insurance industry can lobby, the ability to purchase insurance across state lines won't happen. As long as Big Pharma can lobby, prescription prices will never come down.

These 3 things would lower insurance costs significantly, without the massive new bureaucracy that is the ACA.

Yep, agreed. The ACA went in a horrific direction.

Watch out, you're getting dangerously close to advocating universal healthcare. Wouldn't want you to be mistaken for someone who uses their brain.

Why are you being a low life with picking on the poor.

YOU STUPID FUCKS WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE IT AFFORDABLE.

Instead premiums have increased along with the simple cost of an office visit.

You are one stupid son of a bitch.

Says the guy who thinks I'm talking about poor people. Show me where I ever said poor.

I know you idiots equate poor with being a moocher, but I'm talking about reality and not your made up world. Moochers are people who CHOOSE not to pay, not people who are unable to afford it. Big difference. Not that I would expect you to understand that.

Forum List

Back